Tesla nano durability report - because i said it will come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azbestowy

Dec 18, 2017
Welp, here I am again, posting posts and stuff...
Back in december last year i posted a question about choice of a durable mod and in the end i settled on a tesla nano 120 - solid chunk of high carbon hardened titanium infused steel zinc alloy rocking 2 18650 batteries and providing enough power to jump start a small car.It just won the battle vs geekvape aegis by being a solid piece (in no way im insulting a aegis in this, just was worried that some solvent that i use at work might(and would- theres some pretty strong stuff that i use)destroy the sticker part.) But to the point! In my last post on this thread i said i will give it a review after i see how its holding up. So there it is:

Well, one thing i can say for sure its thet the box still looks good, like really good. If you dont pay much attention you wont see a thing. But the devil is in the details.

Lets start from the bottom:
21RvzF6.jpg

The bottom is rekt, badly. But due to it being a natural contact point its to be expected. Battery door is holding decent for now, but i see it will become a problem in the future, but for now only occasionally letting it go...

Rest of the body:
iuE27kB.jpg
9JigXZ8.jpg
YoCwZ6C.jpg

Main bulk of the mod is still almost intact, theres a few chips thats just couldn't take it anymore and on the edges i just rubbed off the paint. not bad, not good either. 510 connector doing its job flawlessly and all of mine tanks worked fine (all 2 of them, if somenone want to provide more test specimens - be my guest) but the area around it cathes every single friggin piece of dust so get ready to see how far your biggest atty reach.

Buttons and screen on the other side are MINT. Same about chip - 0 issues on record - Thats good. Only minor complaint about miscellaneous things - one screw broke, with a bit of it still inside, and and cant for the love of god replace it and this makes me sad :<

To sum it up: It holded up well. Nothing falling apart, few battle scars it picked arent wisible and i forsee it a long future in my hands and wont look for anything new anytime soon (thats what i hope for at least).

Hope you enjoyed this long, baddly written, misspelled report. But i said i write one, and there it is! Thats all from me for todaypropabbly very long time - im not that eager to write - more of a lurker.

Cheers!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I love mine, it is still a tank. A heavy (but feels great in the hand tank) I've dropped mine, I've leaked through the 510 pin, and it just keeps on going. I did have one with the wonky battery door but I silicone sleeved it, and that fixed things, although I notice if I keep a heavier topper on it, the battery door "seals" better, my theory is that the added pressure on the 510 pin somehow allows the door to "latch" more securely. Although, that's just my theory.

In any case, this was my first real "mod purchase on my own" and I still love mine. My backup was stolen by the husband in his own quitting attempt (LOL) but I haven't needed a backup. Love this mod, too, and thanks for your report.

Anna

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
well yours has faired better than mine. i have the bronze, gold, and silver. the bronze was my first one, and the one i use most. when i saw that the finish was wearing off i decided to make it my everyday mod; so the gold and silver ones i only use on special occasions to keep them looking decent since i don't care for silicon sleeves.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread