The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

[TEST]Heaven Gifts M401 w. Standard+USB-Battery

Discussion in 'M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini' started by Taelon, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Taelon

Taelon Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2008
    DE-Germany
    Abandoned DSE103 series for serious atomizer quality regression and ordered M401 kit in parts without AC adaptor, arrived today.

+First try with USB-Battery fine, slighter and lighter weight and better cord, draws lesser power from usb port cause i cannot hear the laptop's voltage converter as before with the DSE103 USB-System.
    +Liquid smells OK again, no burning effects and thick coal crusts as with DSE103 USB-System.
    -Refilling is little more complicated, the depot fits hard in the cartdrige, not easy to get out for refilling or you need a syringe with long needle and a good lamp.
    +Better mechanics and atomizer manufacturing quality.
    +Better cartdrigde plastics quality and fit tolerances to atomizers.
    -USB Charger's battery status signalling looks unclear, too slow frequent led flashing.
    -Atomizer seems to contain a plastic part under the liquid feeder (or is it ceramics?) and cannot be cleaned by applying aux power then.
    +Better airflow sensor, easy to draw vapour.
    -Subjectively less vapour at <75% depot level(?), more+best vapour with USB-Battery.
    +Battery very reliable, ~2h chainsmoking.

Atomizer lifetime, aux power burncleaning ability and possible autocleaning features will be reported.

2 days now, vapour like as new atomizer, this is what I call a quality e-cigarette, SLB will take long to catch up. Who is manufacturer of the HG M401?

2. Wench

Wench Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2009
    Pensacola, Fl.
    M401 doesn't have a autoclean cycle.
    Refilling carts are easy, just use a paperclip to push up, refill the little cup, then use paperclip or tweezers to push back down, no need to get a long syringe just to refill. I've gotten lazy so I usually just dip or drip.

3. Houdini

Houdini Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2009
    Las Vegas
    I don't take anything apart when I refill mine. Just drop 4 or 5 drops of juice down the center of the cartridge and put the cartridge back on. I get a bit a juice in my mouth maybe 1 out of 20 times of doing this which is no big deal for me.

4. Taelon

Dec 20, 2008
    DE-Germany
    Really dangerous habit, nicotine is very poisonous, the depot must be taken out frequently to clean dry the oil cup from condensate or it will overload and leak liquid in mouth 8-o

If You get liquid in mouth You should spill out with water immediately!

5. Houdini

Houdini Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Of course I spit it out. I don't think there is any of us that hasn't ended up tasting the juice before one way or another. In this hobby it's inevitable. I've had at least 5 different model cartridges and they have all leaked one time or another. You are right about the poison. In larger doses it could be very dangerous but an accidental drop on the tongue every other day I don't think will do any damage.

6. j0ker

j0ker Classifieds Manager Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    MS Gulf Coast
    From what I've read, you would have to drink about 40-60mg to kill you. I consume between 5-10ml a day vaping, I'm sure most, if not all of that, returns to liquid once it's in my body. I don't think we have anything to worry about. I might drink 1ml a day on a bad day.

7. Taelon

Dec 20, 2008
    DE-Germany
    Atty survived 1st burn-cleaning by applying aux power :evil:and ethanol bath. Vapour amount back at 100% :)

8. Bjorn Toulouse

Bjorn Toulouse Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2009
    Glasgow
    what did you use in your burn clean? I have tried 5v so far to no avail....well apart from inadvertantly melting a cart,,,oops

9. Birdy

Birdy Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2009
    Houston
    Mine do. Kicks in every time I take the second drag after pulling the batteries out of the charger.

I just make sure I pull the cart off as soon as I take that 2nd drag and blow the vapor away from the atty as it does it's little 3 second burn. Keeps the icky clean-cycle vapor off the mesh bridge, so it doesn't taste bad.

10. Stankia

Stankia Full Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2009
    Oh so that's what it is :) I was wondering what's wrong with my M401 :D

11. jussumdood

jussumdood Full Member

Sep 24, 2009
    My Smoore built 401 on their passthrough+ dipping rocks:cool: with cart instead of dipping :(

12. Taelon

Dec 20, 2008
    DE-Germany
    Untrue, draws enough power to damage a USB 1.1 port over short or long time.

Use with USB >= 2.0 ports with sufficent power supply, only.

BTW, cable is somehow integrated in the USB-Battery's circuit, usb extension cords lead to malfunction.

13. cliff5550

cliff5550 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yep, my 401 atomizer sizzles on second drag of new battery like bacon frying.

14. Birdy

Birdy Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2009
    Houston
    I personally like cleaning cycle. Haven't had a 401 atty die in 3 months

15. Taelon

Dec 20, 2008
    DE-Germany
    WARNING!
    This means the HG AC/usb-adaptors cannot be used for HG M401 USB-Batteries with USB extension cords.

Can anyone confirm this?

I've build my own from a 12V/1A AC-adaptor with long cord to a car cigarette lighter plug USB-Adapter (Europe).

16. bluesuede

bluesuede Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2009
    Central PA, USA
    I have Heaven Gifts M401. Attys still going strong since Oct.7. Only cleaned them once in Crest. Like new then. I'm pretty sure HG 401s are Smores. Forget where I read that... duh...

17. Taelon

Dec 20, 2008
    DE-Germany
    Nearly one month now, survived all 3-day aux power burn cleaning cycles, multimeter shows heater element regression: New 2,5-3 ; 3 Weeks 2-2,5 OHMS. Some wires seem damaged / short circuited or low electrical resistance liquid coal bridges between the wires.

M401 USB-Battery still fine, too.

18. Taelon

Dec 20, 2008
    DE-Germany
  19. Taelon

Dec 20, 2008
    DE-Germany
    HG's M401 Batteries have got autocleaning :evil: . USB-Batteries not.

Both my batteries do a short atomizer power burn cleaning after the 1st few puffs after charging or on first use.

Compared with DSE103's system the process seems not to damage the atomizer.

Cycle time unknown so far since I use USB-Battery mostly.

UPDATE:
    Atomizer #1 died today, autocleaning + liquid crust killed it, heater element melt breakage.
    But acceptable MTBF (lifetime) > 1 Month under chainsmoking load.

HG's M403 battery arrived, cool for downtown, really smart&small.

20. Taelon

Dec 20, 2008
    DE-Germany
    Atomizer #2 good lifetime, too, ~1 Month.

Atomizer #3 +#4 from last HG shipment heater element quality problems (2-3 wires red glowing, other wires cold) , burning liquid with usb battery, smell still nasty with Li-Ion Battery at lower supply voltage, possibly inhaling poisonous burned liquid, trashed them :(

Atomizer #5 ok.

Will order 4 more and change model again to good old DSE901 if not better.

So before we trust such industry sponsored studies,
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-news/62192-njoy-comes-out-study-vapor.html
    chinese manufacturers (are there other? not rebranders) should really get more commited to quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.