Testing Attys With My Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
It seems that all the attys I get seem to have a bit of variation in resistance and that can really throw off the power level you like to vape at.I find my sweet spot is 8 watts for great vapor,flavor,and just the right warmth of the vaper.Instead of checking the attys resistance with a meter,I use my lab power supply to find the correct voltage to put me right at 8 watts of power.The supply has digital voltage and current meters so i vape it with the power supply and note the voltagexcurrent I need to get 8 watts out of each atty then mark them and put them away.Then when I need a new atty I set it to the voltage the atty is marked and the perfect vaping begins.Just a variation of a few tenths of a ohm can rob you of a watt of power if you vape at the same 5 or 6 volts you always do.For example my IKV HV 306's ranged from 3.2 to 3.7 ohms when I got 5 of them.At 5 volts you would get 7.8 watts at 3.2 ohms and only 6.7 watts at 3.7 ohms.But through testing them I know the 3.2 gets set at 5.1 volts for 8 watts and the 3.7 at 5.5 volts for 8 watts so I don't have to mess around and get the same vape every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread