Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
juicereview_zpsae471cc6.gif

I received my sample package from Tetra vape the day before yesterday. One of the flavors was Spike Spiegel.

Rating Guide:
hedgehogemoticon_zps1e749a52.gif
to
, with
hedgehog being the lowest score possible.

Shipping speed:

Packaging:

Flavor:

Vapor Production:

Throat Hit:

The sample received was approximately 3ml. It came in a glass vial and the e-liquid was clear, almost colorless, with a hint of yellow. The sample strength was 6mg. (I normally vape 12-18 mg.) The vendor indicated that it has been steeped for 1-2 weeks prior to shipping.

Ingredients: organic vegetable glycerin, nicotine concentrate, distilled water, organic ethyl alcohol, organic natural flavor extracts

Warning: Contains tree nuts. Do not buy or consume if you have a nut allergy.

I decided to drip this rather than vape it in a tank, which is my preferred method. I have a few dripping atomizers, but decided to try a Kayfun modified for dripping. (for details on how to do that: Dripper mode with picture: FastTech Forums

I vaped 1 ml of this at 4.0 volts, on a 2.2 oHm coil, wicked with cotton, vaped on a ProVari.

First off, I don't know what to make of the nut allergy warning. There are lots of nut flavored juices out there, many with natural flavoring. There are no nut "proteins" in those juices, which is why people with nut allergies don't drop dead when you walk past them vaping peanut butter and jelly.

The description on the site is pretty full of hubris and is worth quoting:
This is our version of Boba's Bounty. If you are not familiar, it is a black and mild tobacco flavor with complex undertones and a sharp cinnamon finish.
This tastes nothing like Boba's Bounty. Not even close.

Perhaps this needs to be steeped for a while longer. I really don't like this juice, but I can't stop vaping it. Yes, I said that.

The "sharp cinnamon finish" is anything but. It is a strong cinnamon taste on the inhale and strong cinnamon taste on the exhale. It is only on the exhale that any flavors other than cinnamon are detected. Faint pipe tobacco notes and a stronger vanilla peep through the cracks. The cinnamon is very nice. It tastes just like Wrigley's Big Red chewing gum. If you like that gum, you'll love this vape. All of the flavors taste very natural.

This e-liquid, despite having 100% VG base, packs quite the throat hit. I attribute that to the cinnamon. Mouth feel is fairly thick, thicker than many e-liquids, but short of Boba's Bounty. Ditto for vapor production.

Summary: This is a unique e-liquid. It has the potential to develop a cult-like following. That group will be fairly small because most people don't vape cinnamon. The combination of spicy and sweet makes this a juice that hasn't yet found it's identity. If the cinnamon mellows after steeping, this could be quite the vape. As it is now, it just feels like a juice that almost hit the mark, but fell short at the last minute. Despite all that, I'm going to refill the dripper and keep vaping it. There's just something addictive about it...

Spike Spiegel – Tetra Vape

Disclaimer:
I received this e-liquid as a free sample from Tetra Vape for the express purpose of reviewing it.
Links to my other reviews will be here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/planofman/6033-planofmans-e-liquid-reviews.html

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Okay. I remember why I don't like cinnamon juices. They fry my taste buds and make all other e-juices taste like crap, and they also give me a sore throat. I won't be revisiting this flavor, but I would recommend it for someone who was having trouble tasting regular e-juices. In other words, a smoker. Any smoker who is allergic to PG, but craves throat hit might very well find this juice a godsend.

It's just not for me. I had a brief "love/hate" relationship with this juice, and the hate won out. I just don't like cinnamon juices.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
...The vendor indicated that it has been steeped for 1-2 weeks prior to shipping...
I have been informed that Spike Spiegel was not pre-steeped prior to shipping. The vendor indicated that the tobacco flavors become more pronounced after steeping. This juice would benefit from steeping, I am sure. :)

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I have been informed that Spike Spiegel was not pre-steeped prior to shipping. The vendor indicated that the tobacco flavors become more pronounced after steeping. This juice would benefit from steeping, I am sure. :)

Nice review. Well done! Good to know about the steeping. I have some of this liquid (for about a week now) and am thinking I better wait a month before I say anything, although I'll drip taste it every few days, just in case it doesn't need that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread