Tetra Vapes 100% VG Juices-->Watermelon, Blackberry and Concord Grape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrapin88

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Cape Cod, MA, USA
I was chosen to taste and review 3 juices from tetra-vape.com. I've never had their juice before and was excited to give them a try.

Quick info about me: I've been vaping for 2 months now. I started vaping to try and end a 25 year pack a day smoking habit. Of the kinds of flavors I've tried so far I find that I enjoy fruity juices the most. I also find that I prefer VG to PG so I normally order from companies that offer 100% VG juices. I vape about 3ml a day of 12mg 100% VG juice.

Tetra Vapes sent me 3 of the flavors I requested. I received an inexpensive plastic eye dropper and 3 glass 4ml viles packed in bubble wrap and shipped in a bubble wrap mailer. The juice arrived very quickly. Right off the bat I was impressed with the glass viles and the packing job. Having juice arrive in glass instead of plastic just gives me the feeling that I am dealing with a quality outfit. Another thing that impressed me was that the juices were clear in color.

I received the 3 juices 8 days ago. I gave them all a sniff and left them with caps off for a day, then I let them steep with caps on until just now. Tetra Vape says most of their juices were pre-steeped before being shipped but not knowing if mine were or not I decided to let them sit a week before trying them.

I used a separate 510 dripping atty for each flavor on my MVP 2 @ 4.3V or 8W.

Watermelon- I had high hopes for this one because my ADV is watermelon based. Smelling the juice there is a strong scent of something that I just can't put my finger on. At first I thought it was an alcohol scent or maybe a chemical smell but again I can't figure out what the smell reminds me of. Tetra's website lists the flavors I got as alcohol free. I recognize the scent but I can't place it. It doesn't smell like watermelon to me. Vaping it was not unpleasant, but I did not taste much of the melon. Perhaps a faint flicker of watermelon at the end of an exhale but not every time. I'm going to let this one steep another week or two and give it another shot.

Blackberrry- I was a little nervous about this flavor. I had a bad experience about 20 years ago with Blackberry Brandy and even today just the smell of it makes my stomach jumpy. This juice has that same odd smell like the watermelon that I can't put my finger on, but it tasted good. I didn't throw up and pass out after having some like I did with the Blackberry Brandy. ;) I can taste the berry flavor but it wasn't overpowering. I like this one but it's not something I could vape all day. It's more like a 'when I'm in the mood for it' juice. I am going to let this one steep another week or so and try it again then.

Concord Grape- When I popped the cap off of this one I got a nose full of grape soda scent. I smells good and actually tastes like grape soda to me. Not too sweet like soda but not quite the taste of a fresh grape from the supermarket. It's a tasty flavor though and I will probably put the rest in one of my tanks and vaped it for a day. I don't think I need to steep this one any longer. If you are a grape fan I'd put this juice on my list.

I didn't get much of a throat hit from any of these juices but they were all 6mg nic strength and I am used to 12mg.

Will I buy/try more of their juices? Yup. I would have said yes even if I hadn't liked the flavors of the ones I did try because I get a good vibe from Tetra Vape and I am more apt to try different flavors from a vendor that makes 100% VG juice.

Thanks to Tetra Vape for choosing me to taste test some their juices for free, and thanks to anyone who took the time to read this review.

Take er easy-
C

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread