TFA Caramel Cappuccino Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby Wires

Jul 27, 2016
Arrrgh...

So, I'm not out looking for direct recipes as I have perused the ones I could find. But I need help with this flavor. If you think the recipe will help, I'm all eyes. I'm mostly interested in finding out if anyone has had success with TFA caramel cap, just as a flavor at all.

I made a mix with one drop cappuccino in 10ml @ 60/40 vg-pg with 0nic for trial. Blended it gently with layers of creams and vanilla and more caramel. Dreamed of a sweet latte get away as I mixed it up.

Let it steep for a month w/o touching it other than to shake the doo-das out of it, then put it back in the dark.

Finally, today I ventured a test run. And whattya know...? Oh so fluffy cream, with sweet fullness and a hint of...burnt popcorn. I have read that this was sometimes the case for people, and I bought a sample anyway. I'm not personally convinced that it is the other flavors, seeing as it really is only a hint of burnt. About the taste that one drop in 10ml would provide.

I've read "Bill's Magic Vapor How to Eliminate the Chemical/Floral notes"

Am I left with Creme de Unattended Microwave, or can this flavor be saved?

Reactions: Kenna

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Arrrgh...

So, I'm not out looking for direct recipes as I have perused the ones I could find. But I need help with this flavor. If you think the recipe will help, I'm all eyes. I'm mostly interested in finding out if anyone has had success with TFA caramel cap, just as a flavor at all.

I made a mix with one drop cappuccino in 10ml @ 60/40 vg-pg with 0nic for trial. Blended it gently with layers of creams and vanilla and more caramel. Dreamed of a sweet latte get away as I mixed it up.

Let it steep for a month w/o touching it other than to shake the doo-das out of it, then put it back in the dark.

Finally, today I ventured a test run. And whattya know...? Oh so fluffy cream, with sweet fullness and a hint of...burnt popcorn. I have read that this was sometimes the case for people, and I bought a sample anyway. I'm not personally convinced that it is the other flavors, seeing as it really is only a hint of burnt. About the taste that one drop in 10ml would provide.

Try it again & leave out the additional caramel?

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Arrrgh...

I have no idea on fixing that mix but will link the latte flavoring I just discovered and it is awesome. They have already blended it so you can mix it with pg/vg, shake and vape. I like it so much I am ordering a huge bottle. You can get 9 ml, 30ml or larger bottles. Look under flavors---blends for the different sizes, if interested.

One Stop Blends - Lotta Latte* - 30mL

JD1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    My ratio for TFA Caramel Capp is 1 drop in 15 ml. My suggestion would be to pull off about 2ml of your mix, add 1 ml of base, give that a try and proceed from there. Since it's already steeped, that shouldn't need much steep time, if any, to test.
    In all likely hood though, you'll probably need to find another caramel capp. Just my :2c:. Good luck.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I have no idea on fixing that mix but will link the latte flavoring I just discovered and it is awesome. They have already blended it so you can mix it with pg/vg, shake and vape. I like it so much I am ordering a huge bottle. You can get 9 ml, 30ml or larger bottles. Look under flavors---blends for the different sizes, if interested.

One Stop Blends - Lotta Latte* - 30mL
    It's made from TFA's caramel cappuccino. .

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Ruby Wires

Jul 27, 2016
    Try it again & leave out the additional caramel?

Great idea! I think I may have gotten stuck on the idea of the drizzle of caramel on a real latte. Lol. While in reality it may contain enough caramel already that my small boost was entirely unnecessary.

My ratio for TFA Caramel Capp is 1 drop in 15 ml. My suggestion would be to pull off about 2ml of your mix, add 1 ml of base, give that a try and proceed from there. Since it's already steeped, that shouldn't need much steep time, if any, to test.
    In all likely hood though, you'll probably need to find another caramel capp. Just my :2c:. Good luck.

I see this method giving me a good idea of what the capp will lighten out to. It would be wonderful if I could use such a small amount in a mix! To the workbench I go...

And yes, very likely. But that's ok. I had the thought upon buying this flavor that it might not work for me, haha. If that should be the case then I will just get another type.

@rosesense Thanks for the link, it could be a potential avenue to take if I cannot adjust this current flavor to my liking. Worth a shot :)

Much appreciation to each of you for your replies. I will be looking into all of these helpful suggestions.

:thumbs:

Reactions: Kenna and JD1

JD1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    And yes, very likely. But that's ok. I had the thought upon buying this flavor that it might not work for me, haha. If that should be the case then I will just get another type. ...................

Yeal, it seems that some get the burnt taste (usually reported as burnt coffee though) and some don't. If you're picking up on it, there might not be anything you can do. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

Reactions: Kenna
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread