TFA flavours (citrus etc) in polycarb tank - safe percentages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyJupiter

Mar 13, 2016
Canada
So I'd like to make some diy juice and I've decided I like the look of TFA. Every single flavour I'm interested in is labelled as a "tank cracker" on this site... (Flavor Percentage Recommendations)

lemon, key lime, lemon lime, grapefruit, orange, citrus, even plum, nectarine etc...

It seems I only like to vape citrus or "bright tart/sour fruits" :) I really don't like sweet or candy stuff.

I've been using juice from my local vape shop (lime and a blood orange) in my Kanger T2 without any clouding or cracking for a several weeks now. (50/50 pg/vg)

So my question is, what are your thoughts on using any of these citrus flavours in my Kanger T2 (polycarbonate)? Is there a percentage I can stay below on flavour to reduce the possibility of clouding or cracking? Has anyone used them successfully in a plastic tank? If so how much did you use? Should I really worry so much? :)

(back story on why I want to use my Kanger T2s: after trying many tanks it seems to be the best vape for me. I have a Nautilus mini with BVC, Aspire CE5 with BVC, and a few other clearos. None worked well for me... I can't seem to get a BVC to work well - entirely too much gurgling, snapping, popping etc. So frustrated so I stopped using them all!! The Kanger T2s just seem to work consistently without any fuss and that's what I need to keep me off the cigarettes! ;)

Wish they made a glass single top coil long wick tank!

Thanks for any advice on the citrus/tank crackers in my T2!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I think in the long term you have to keep it in mind, but for the moment whatever works to keep you off the cigs is worth it.

Back when I started in 2013 most tanks were plastic anyway; that was the norm.
Just keep an eye on them for any signs of cracking/cloudiness.

Reactions: HappyJupiter

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I like citrus too, and cinnamon which is also a tank cracker. AFAIK, there's isn't any way to beat it, the acid chemically reacts with the plastic in the tank. Low percentages will slow it down because there's not as much acid, but so long as there's any, the chemical process will occur. The way to beat that is move to a Pyrex barrel tank.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Your best bet is to switch to the Kanger Protank 2 or Protank 3 rather than the T2.

I've seen both versions selling in the $13-$15 range. They both have the same 2.5ml capacity as your T2, but have glass tanks instead of plastic, so you can use any juice you want with no worries about cracking. They're a little wider than your T2s, but fit on an ego battery just fine.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
The Davide by AnyVape are also glass and work just like the Kanger ProTank 2's. Use the same single bottom coil too. You can also buy extra replacement glass, colored or clear.

You might want to pick up one or two airflow controllers. Makes the vape much better.

Good luck on your search. :)

P.S. Both the ProTanks and Davides come in std size and mini.

Larry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Amarillo, Texas
Yep, I'd definitely make the switch to glass. My first glass tanks were the PT 3s that @Completely Average mentioned, along with a big Plus 1 on the airflow controls mentioned by @choochoogranny. Another you might want to consider is the Kanger Aerotank. It also comes in a Mega size if you're looking for larger juice capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread