TFA Guava-- GOOD LORD, does anyone really use this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
so I usually like guava but this is foul and so strong.

I made something that contained not that much guava (tasted awful) and forgot to wash the syringe. Now I can taste the guava just from what tiny bit was left in the syringe after using it to make a 100mL batch. It's not the end of the world but I can't even believe how strong it is, or maybe I'm just extra sensitive.

Again, I Usually like guava but idk. Maybe it's not for me to use in juice, any guava flavoring. This is almost a full 10mL bottle and I'd prefer not to throw it out. I could PIF but not registered/verified.

So my questions are a) does anyone else find this as godawful as I do? And b) if yes have you found a way to save it? I realize it might not be for me. I've been DIYing well long enough to know that much.

Conversely, anyone love this? How do you use it? I can't see using it at levels more than .5-1% but maybe that's just me.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
I just looked it up on eliquidrecipesdotcom. It does not have a huge fan base, which would tend to confirm your remarks. :)

Personally, I hate guava. That fruit was the bane of my "comida del dia" existence when I lived in Mexico, where it is an extremely popular fruit to use for agua fresca. I was able to get accustomed to papaya, tamarind (eh, tolerable but I'll never grow to actually like the taste of dirty roots), and lychee, but I could never come around to guava. Hard to describe...something about the taste and smell of it reminds me of rotting flesh.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Yes, kind of like that. I MIGHT consider a different guava just to try, especially because it's like a key ingredient in tropical punch, which is what I was going for. This was just awful though.

It kind of reminds me of passionfruit in a sense, but that TASTES much better to me. PF smells terrible though. I have a juice that uses PF flavoring and tastes so durn good but my partner will leave the room if I've got it going. He also likes the taste of it, though. So I wonder if it's kind of like that with guava, that certain people are just more likely to taste it as gross versus delicious. But again, maybe I'll see if any other brand makes a decent Guava. I doubt there's a way to save this one for me.

Thanks a lot :)

Reactions: jambi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread