TFA Peach Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
I have seen where most use peach between 5-30%, I mixed a batch at 20% and couldn't taste it much. I doubled my pg/vg nic base and it tasted the same. If your a peach lover, what percentage is working for you guys? Is lower better for you? I thinking about taking it down to a 5% peach mix and see if it still tastes the same. Thanks in advance!!

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut
I have seen where most use peach between 5-30%, I mixed a batch at 20% and couldn't taste it much. I doubled my pg/vg nic base and it tasted the same. If your a peach lover, what percentage is working for you guys? Is lower better for you? I thinking about taking it down to a 5% peach mix and see if it still tastes the same. Thanks in advance!!

I use 12% on Peach it is suggested 17% for juicy peach. However, all my peach does not taste right unless it steeps for at least 7 days.
Usually I add sweetener or Ethyl Maltol

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut
Good luck, I really like the taste after it steeps. It develops to a very tasty mix. For me at least if I dont let it steep it kind of tastes like a catbox smells.. Much better with time. But thats me.. Some people add a drop or two of menthol in their peach. Im on the prowl for an ultra sonic cleaner.. I guess some folk have had luck steeping alot faster in those devices.

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
To my tastes, I found the Juicy Peach flavor faded after I hit 10%, and by 15% it took on some other non-peach flavor. My last batch was 8%, with 1 drop vinegar, in a 10ml batch. The tiny bit of acid in the vinegar seemed to help the flavor for me.

For testing new flavors, I start with 1 drop/1ml. Taste a few (6) drops. Then add 1 more drop flavor, 5 drops of PG/VG mix, and let it set for an hour (or a day), and try again. (my version of this E-Cigarette Forum - Str8V8ping - Blogs) The hour (or day) between tastings let my taste buds 'reset', as well as give the mix a chance to steep.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
My all-day vape is:

60/40 PG/VG
13% Peach
4% Vanilla Swirl
1% Lemon

best after at least 1 week of steeping.

All flavors are TFA, and I use just "Peach" not "Juicy Peach". The Peach flavor isn't a strong one, and honestly it doesn't taste much like a peach. More like a subdued jolly-rancher peach flavor. The vanilla undertones really shine through after this recipe steeps and it's really good imo :)

GunnyGlow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Colorado
Good info here.. I'm having the exact same problem. Mixed FA white peach at 10% and no flavor at all! Added a couple drops of sweetener and up to 20% flavor and still nothing. I guess steeping is in order.

Did you try 5%??

I think you overshot if you are at 20% and still no flavor.

©DROID/Tapatalk2™

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I mixed TFA Peach at 10% with a 50/50 VG/PG Mix. It was ok just after mixing and got better with steeping, no foul or odd flavors just didn't seem to come through much but steeping did help. I don't do flavoring over 10%...just my personal rule. I use to but I found less is usually more and higher can result in some pretty foul taste.

During my next mixing session I tried 5% TFA Peach and 5% TFA Brandy with a 50/50 PG/VG Mix and WOW, this simple mix is one of the best flavors I've done, they seem to complement each other nicely, definitely going to be a mainstay with me. I can taste the peach more at 5% with this mix than I could at 10% alone. I did find the Peach came through just a wee bit more than the Brandy so next I may try 6% brandy 4% Peach but it's an awesome mix for me whichever I might perfer, again steeping did help but this one was great from the start.

Same thing with TFA Strawberry, I tried it on it's own at 10% 50/50 and it was ok. Then tried 5% TFA Strawberry and 5% TFA Peanut Butter and that mix was also awesome. For me these flavors seem to work better together rather than alone. I've tried all 4 of these flavors on their own at 10% and they all were ok but mixing these together at equal parts of 5% just intensified the overall flavor and they seem to go well with each other so you might want to give that a shot. It could be if I tried just 1 at 5% I'd get better results but I'm loving these two combos.

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
I mixed TFA Peach at 10% with a 50/50 VG/PG Mix. It was ok just after mixing and got better with steeping, no foul or odd flavors just didn't seem to come through much but steeping did help. I don't do flavoring over 10%...just my personal rule. I use to but I found less is usually more and higher can result in some pretty foul taste.

During my next mixing session I tried 5% TFA Peach and 5% TFA Brandy with a 50/50 PG/VG Mix and WOW, this simple mix is one of the best flavors I've done, they seem to complement each other nicely, definitely going to be a mainstay with me. I can taste the peach more at 5% with this mix than I could at 10% alone. I did find the Peach came through just a wee bit more than the Brandy so next I may try 6% brandy 4% Peach but it's an awesome mix for me whichever I might perfer, again steeping did help but this one was great from the start.

Same thing with TFA Strawberry, I tried it on it's own at 10% 50/50 and it was ok. Then tried 5% TFA Strawberry and 5% TFA Peanut Butter and that mix was also awesome. For me these flavors seem to work better together rather than alone. I've tried all 4 of these flavors on their own at 10% and they all were ok but mixing these together at equal parts of 5% just intensified the overall flavor and they seem to go well with each other so you might want to give that a shot. It could be if I tried just 1 at 5% I'd get better results but I'm loving these two combos.

Thank you for commenting on this, a bell just went off in my head. I'm going to try an alcohol based vanilla mix with the peach. I know how peach schnapes reacts well with different alcohol additives and I'm starting to think the same about my vape mix. I'll keep you all posted to see if this helps. I keep almost all of my flavorings well below 10% also. Any more than that and I get burned out REALLY quick on a flavor. It takes months before I can go back to a flavor if I overshoot the mix %.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread