TFA spearmint and TFA cinnamon redhots in vivi nova = safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydotexe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Springfield, MO
I just got in to homebrewing my own liquids and among the flavors I purchased I got TheFlavorApprentice Peppermint and TheFlavorApprentice Cinnamon Redhots.

I've seen a lot of complaints over the years about certain citrus and cinnamon flavors leeching, damaging tanks, etc. I've personally seen this about a year ago on clearomizers.

It is my understanding that the vivi nova uses polypropylene plastic for the tank which is supposed to be safer, is this true?

Should I worry at all about the vivi nova's drip tip and o-rings?

Thanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would confirm with the vendor that the tube of the Vivi Nova is indeed polypropylene, and not polycarbonate if I were you. Polypropylene is typically opaque or frosted in appearance, like a medical syringe is. Polycarbonate is totally clear.

The Vivi Nova drip tips are typically made from acrylic plastic, which is not immune to the effects of the volatile flavors. However, I was able to switch drip tips on my Vivi Nova's. Any metal, ceramic, or glass tip should be safe.

I can't say for the o-rings. I would think they would be safe for most of the volatile flavors as they are generally made from rubber or silicone.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Litecigusa says their vision vivi nova tanks(clear with ML markings like mine) are polypropylene. Clouds of Vapor(where I got my kits from) and a few other popular vendors that carry these don't say.

I just went to the Litecigusa website to view the new Vivi Nova tanks. The description does indeed say polypropylene. Unless they haven't yet updated their photo's, those tanks look pretty darn clear to me. I'm not questioning the vendor, just saying I'd still be cautious with these tanks.

http://www.litecigusa.net/Vision_Vivi_Nova_V2_Clearomizer_Tank_System_p/vivi-nova-kit.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread