Tfv12 Prince tank and 0.12ohm coil leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metmorfin

Apr 9, 2020
The Netherlands
So I just installed my new Prince tfv12 tank with a Prince 0.12ohm tank on my smok alien, and the first few hits went fine. Then I started seeing the tank deplete very fast, like. Fast fast, I've looked online for some things to do against this, but it isn't working because no matter what I do it still leaks, and it's pretty annoying, because it looks like the coil bottom is for some reason not connecting properly to the bottom of the airflow, it just seems kind of strange the way they connect, but it might just be me since I have no experience with this, I hope that someone could help me with some tips on how they fixed it, or if I should use my warranty on this

Metmorfin

Apr 9, 2020
The Netherlands
@Mordecai yeah I first screwed the coil into the air vent, then put the glass on top of that, and then put the top on there.

For as far as I can see there is a black oring on the place where the air vent meets the glass tank, and then for as far as the coil goes nothing, they sent a few purple rings with it, but nothing that I can put on there if I'm correct,

I've emptied it now and cleaned it, because it got all over the mod and got sticky, so I'll check all of the rings again to see if anything works and I was going to fill it with water, but just realised that it's water, almost got myself a trip to the er there.

• Informative
Reactions: Mordacai

Metmorfin

Apr 9, 2020
The Netherlands
I just put a purple ring over the coil from the place where its leaking into the air vent, but it looks stupid

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_143205.jpg
    IMG_20200411_143205.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12

Metmorfin

Apr 9, 2020
The Netherlands
The orange line shows the place where it leaks from, the connection between the coil and the air vent, the others are of all of the components plus the delivered rings

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_144400.jpg
    IMG_20200411_144400.jpg
    770.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200411_144304.jpg
    IMG_20200411_144304.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200411_144243.jpg
    IMG_20200411_144243.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200411_144227.jpg
    IMG_20200411_144227.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200411_144217.jpg
    IMG_20200411_144217.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200411_143205.jpg
    IMG_20200411_143205.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Thanks for those @Metmorfin.

Make sure the seals for the tank glass are wet first and push the glass onto the top of the tank, and is fully seated.

Screw the coil tightly into the base.

Then screw the base assembly and top assembly together.

The pink/purple seals look like replacements for the top and bottom, to make a seal with the glass. And the small clear one is a seal for the chimney.

Metmorfin

Apr 9, 2020
The Netherlands
Thanks for those @Metmorfin.

Make sure the seals for the tank glass are wet first and push the glass onto the top of the tank, and is fully seated.

Screw the coil tightly into the base.

Then screw the base assembly and top assembly together.

The pink/purple seals look like replacements for the top and bottom, to make a seal with the glass. And the small clear one is a seal for the chimney.
Would it be okay if I first tried this out with a bit of water, so I don't waste any juice? Because the cotton is still drenched completely in the liquid. I'm not planning on inhaling that vapour, so idk if it's okay to just push the button after I've removed the water and put the juice back in, just for the water vapour to go away, or is that not smart,

Thank you for your help btw, greatly appreciated

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Try and avoid water if you can, it's too thin and will ruin the coil for use. As in it'll really taste awful after that.

Can you get hold of any Vegtable Glycerine, USP or BP standard. As you can find it in pharmacies and it won't ruin the coil.

It also maybe a good idea to consider another tank, such as the Freemax Mesh Pro or one of the Horizontech Falcon range (Falcon 2 is the latest version). Just in case the leaking can't be satisfactorily resolved.

Metmorfin

Apr 9, 2020
The Netherlands
Try and avoid water if you can, it's too thin and will ruin the coil for use. As in it'll really taste awful after that.

Can you get hold of any Vegtable Glycerine, USP or BP standard. As you can find it in pharmacies and it won't ruin the coil.

It also maybe a good idea to consider another tank, such as the Freemax Mesh Pro or one of the Horizontech Falcon range (Falcon 2 is the latest version). Just in case the leaking can't be satisfactorily resolved.
Well I did everything possible, assembled it as tight as I could, but there is vape juice again in the air vent, so I'm considering just ordering a new tank, because this one even after changing coil does not help, it looks as if the juice is leaking from the inside of these coils

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Unfortunately SMOK isn't the best of manufacturers of vape gear @Metmorfin.

So here's some links for those ideas I've mentioned.

M Pro | FreeMax

Falcon King ATOMIZER PRODUCTS Horizon Technology Co.,Ltd

Falcon Ⅱ Tank ATOMIZER PRODUCTS Horizon Technology Co.,Ltd

Have a look and check to see availability of coils, as with these interesting times you don't need a tank that you can't use for lack of coils.

Also a cheap RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser) may also be a goo addition to your collection, as all you need is wire and wicking material for them and their more easily available. Also they're the easiest rebuildable atomisers to use, as all you need to keep doing is dripping liquid into them every so often to keep the wicking wet.

Also there's loads of dammed good clones/copies of high end ones at very reasonable prices.

Let us know how you go on, and take care in these interesting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread