TFV12 Prince worth picking up as a tank to vape around 50 - 60 watts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't have that tank, but I know some have been quite fond of it. I know @OlderNDirt has that setup and likes smok products and owns several he might be able to give you more of a run down on its pros and cons, but overall feedback so far seems to be quite positive.

Good luck deciding. :)

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I have the Baby Beast, Big Baby Beast, and Prince tanks. But although RBA's are available for all of them, I don't use an RBA deck on any of them, so will leave that consideration to others.

As far as the tanks, I much prefer the BBB over the BB just for the added volume. But my favorite of the 3 is the Prince. Large volume and I really like the locking button on the fill cap and the larger fill hole. Good flavor and clouds. Having said that, I do have one juice/flavor that has gone back into my BBB cause it just "tastes" better to me.

The wattage for the Prince varies, depending on which coil is used (and juice used IMHO). The Q4 at 0.4Ω is my least favorite and I ran (notice past tense :)) it around 56 watts. I am currently split between the X6 0.15Ω and T10 0.12Ω coils and finding little difference. The X6 around 75 - 78 watts may offer a little more flavor then the T10 I run between 78 - 88 watts. But that may be more the difference in juices then actual performance. Some say they are liking them at higher wattage, but I am fine at those wattages which may extend coil life....but who knows for sure?

I'm finding the Prince to be a really good tank, especially for somebody like me who struggles with building/wicking. Worth a try!

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
I have the Baby Beast, Big Baby Beast, and Prince tanks. But although RBA's are available for all of them, I don't use an RBA deck on any of them, so will leave that consideration to others.

As far as the tanks, I much prefer the BBB over the BB just for the added volume. But my favorite of the 3 is the Prince. Large volume and I really like the locking button on the fill cap and the larger fill hole. Good flavor and clouds. Having said that, I do have one juice/flavor that has gone back into my BBB cause it just "tastes" better to me.

The wattage for the Prince varies, depending on which coil is used (and juice used IMHO). The Q4 at 0.4Ω is my least favorite and I ran (notice past tense :)) it around 56 watts. I am currently split between the X6 0.15Ω and T10 0.12Ω coils and finding little difference. The X6 around 75 - 78 watts may offer a little more flavor then the T10 I run between 78 - 88 watts. But that may be more the difference in juices then actual performance. Some say they are liking them at higher wattage, but I am fine at those wattages which may extend coil life....but who knows for sure?

I'm finding the Prince to be a really good tank, especially for somebody like me who struggles with building/wicking. Worth a try!
Give building a go my friend, you'll get there after watching the video step by step a few times, from what i remember It's as simple as wrapping the 27 Ga wire around a 2.5 mm drill bit 7 times, then cutting the loose bits off, then attach the made coil to the deck, tighten it in, make sure all the bits of the coil are glowing equally, then add your wick, soak the wick, then add your top fill it up and your good to go

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016

I picked up the Prince stick kit, gotta say it's rather amazing for the price

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I have the king, which is very similar to the prince, and im using the q4 coils at the moment. Im hitting it with 150w and get awesome performance and flavor. Coil life? I get 2 weeks out of one. But i vape a lot. I took the wattage to 200 just to see what it was like, which is the limit of best performance (coil can handle 320w). It worked ok, but i think it would taste cooked after a short while. So i settled back down to 150w. The issue of the rba heads, i had one with the tfv8 and apparently i didnt wick it right and immediately sprung a leak. Really not worth the trouble if you ask me, as there are way better rba's on the market. In fact, i looked at the wotofo bravo yesterday, and, and, and to refer to the shinyitis support group, im gonna simply have to have this very soon so dont anyone try to talk me out of it or the new mod i must have to go with it. Anyhow, the prince will perform at higher wattages if you wish to take it there. Vape on!!

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Give building a go my friend, you'll get there

Oh, I have and successfully. I have a couple RDA's and about 5 RTA's, all working well. But thanks to essential tremors, it is not only difficult, but some days impossible. Most RBA decks are just too small for me to handle, but will be picking up one for the Prince for the same reason I got the other building stuff....just in case!

I picked up the Prince stick kit, gotta say it's rather amazing for the price

I have the Stick V8 and am curious.....how is the battery life on the Prince stick?

Reactions: stols001

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I have the king, which is very similar to the prince, and im using the q4 coils at the moment. Im hitting it with 150w and get awesome performance and flavor. Coil life? I get 2 weeks out of one. But i vape a lot. I took the wattage to 200 just to see what it was like, which is the limit of best performance (coil can handle 320w). It worked ok, but i think it would taste cooked after a short while. So i settled back down to 150w. The issue of the rba heads, i had one with the tfv8 and apparently i didnt wick it right and immediately sprung a leak. Really not worth the trouble if you ask me, as there are way better rba's on the market. In fact, i looked at the wotofo bravo yesterday, and, and, and to refer to the shinyitis support group, im gonna simply have to have this very soon so dont anyone try to talk me out of it or the new mod i must have to go with it. Anyhow, the prince will perform at higher wattages if you wish to take it there. Vape on!!

Just a suggestion, probably more for others that may read this, be sure to have quality batteries and a 3 or 4 battery mod to venture that high with wattage!

• Useful

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Oh, I have and successfully. I have a couple RDA's and about 5 RTA's, all working well. But thanks to essential tremors, it is not only difficult, but some days impossible. Most RBA decks are just too small for me to handle, but will be picking up one for the Prince for the same reason I got the other building stuff....just in case!

I have the Stick V8 and am curious.....how is the battery life on the Prince stick?
Hmmm, well i haven't let it charge fully, but it does last a fair bit.... are you in the U.K? I could lend you it whilst i buy a new mod? Try it out for yourself

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Hmmm, well i haven't let it charge fully, but it does last a fair bit.... are you in the U.K? I could lend you it whilst i buy a new mod? Try it out for yourself

Thanks for the generous offer, but I am in the U.S. I picked up the Stick V8 because at the time, I wanted another BBB and the Stick kit was not much more then just buying the tank. I don't use the kit a lot because of the shorter run time, but it was nice for a short grab and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread