TFV12 The Prince of all subohmers(with new mesh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
Hello everyone and happy upcoming new year! Im gonna share my thoughs and experience with the tfv12 prince by smok and focus mainly on the new triple- and maxmesh coils. Please tolerate inperfect english, thank you.

Me and the prince tank have gone thru alot together, from busy days taking care of business, night outs with friends and just chainvaping comfy at home. So im quite experienced with the tank.

Im gonna share my honest Opionion how i experienced this tank and some comparing aswell.

First the look of this tank is just awesome. The drip tip is huge and somewhat crown shaped. Being majestic is clearly the theme of this tank. This tank is only made of dense high quality steinless steel, there are are no plastic parts to be found. There are ton of colour options plus somekind of cobra edition where the coil inside the tank is surrounded by somekind of mesh net. I dont know the functional purpose of this edition but i quess it is just for looks. You can order this mesh net seperately if you want the looks and downgrade the juice capacity.. It might have some purpose im not aware of.

The top gap and filling mechanism finally have secure on it, you need to press a small button to be able slide it open. Well it can be opened without the button by using excess force but it will not open in your pocket or bag. This is a very good thing. Though it would be nice to give a drip tip hat with the tank like uwell(which i allready lost) so no dirt can get in thru the drip tip.

The filling hole and the surrounding platform is covered with rubber mold which block ejuice leaking into the central tube. It is nice and spare mold is included. But you should not press your ejuice bottle tip into filling hole with force or the rubber may very well get minot tears over time and worse get deformed so it come off and never fit back again. This has happened to me twice. Just make slight contact with your ejuice tip and squeese, it will work great and airlocks are not a problem.

This tank have bottom airflow and it works perfectly. You can get very restricted vape if you want, pretty much mouth to lung is possible. Turn it all the way open and it will be too airy for the "weaker" coils.

And the coils...this thing have roundly 15 options included 2 coil deck rba. Im not experienced with all but i can say the x6 and specially t10 work wonders.

Now i go in detail with the latest additions which are 2 monsterous mesh coils:

First i start with the max mesh. The name fit it perfectly. It is literally shaped like a castle tower with crown symbol on top. The saturation openings in this one are Huge. You see big part of the cotton which is "antibacterial medical cotton" label on the box. I dont know if its any different from previous coils which are told to be pure japanese cotton, but it is all good. A peek inside reveals the huge coil is hollow from central. Thick cotton is packed on the side of the coil rounding it 360 degrees. What is interesting there is absolutely huge thick mesh plate, it seems to be rda sized mesh wrapped into circle inside the coil. Surface area is gigantic for this 0.17ohm coil. Sweet spot is marked as 90w-110w. I like little warmish vapor so i run it at 120w,the marked maxium is 130w.

The vapor is very large indeed and taste is about perfect. Drag is better than on the strip coils like the t10 but still not smooth as Uwell valyria. But little better vapor production and the taste is comparable to valyrian. I like this very much.

Now the other new mesh coil. Triple mesh 0.15ohm listed best at 100-120w and maxium of 130w. I fired this by accident at 230w but nothing bad happened btw :)

This one have 2 kind of saturation openings at its side. One you can see the cotton like normally but other hole lead deeper into coil and you can see cylilnder shaped cotton tubes 3x these are obviously the 3 mesh coils. Very nice design for saturating the coils. Look inside and the mesh coils are not really dense at all. First impression would be this one have much smaller surface area than the max mesh coil. But the performance is superb at 120w. Drag comes smooth rivaling the valyrian tank, maybe little bit off from its smoothness but only by fraction. But this one have more kick into it. Vapor production is super large and flavors are spot on. This coil is special and best of all prince coils. But your ejuice is in danger these new meshes are thirsty as hell. One you dont wanna stop vaping becouse of the satisfying vapor and awesome flavors, second this drink ejuice throat straight. But this is physics you cant change if huge vapor is needed. You may want to down your nicotine level aswell.

Afterall these new mesh coil are clear improvents for highwattage vaping on tfv12 prince. But take the ejuice consuption seriously i dont write this to fill space. The max and triple mesh coils perform almoust identical, but feel little different. I think triple have better drag, but both put out enormous clouds and flavors. They also last for a very long time, atleast on my 80vg20pg clear juices. Infact i have never got any burnt vape and these are good for chainvaping becouse of excellent saturation and cotton. I have only changed coils out of boredom and when switching flavors but i would say exept 100ml to 200ml of usage. These are the most resiliant coils i have never got, including the valyrian, which is btw genious tank, im gonna tell my experience in near future.

Tfv12 prince dont have any leaks either, but you need to tighten coils Really right just in case. Only leak was when my coil was too loose, even though im pretty sure i twisted it all the way but need little extra twist at the end :)

I used 2 tanks for this review other with max and other with triple mesh. 8ml capacity and both are allmoust empty now, in one longish sitting. If you have 2ml tdp dont bother and change the glass im not sure if these even fit tdp. You can buy bigger glass in eu just ask for spare part kit with bulb glass :)

After all ive gone thru with this tank i rate it:

4. 9//5

Thanks for reading and happy upcoming new year :) God bless

Reactions: tailland

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
After vaping with the max mesh all day (ive used triple mesh for a long time) i may say it is even more brutal than triple mesh. Vapor texture feels heavier/densier and production may be a bit more aswell. Flavor sure is super strong.

I couldnt resist but tear one mesh coil apart. I rolled the mesh coil straight it is monsterous 25mm X 10mm big. 8 layers/slices of cotton. For contrast the succesfull and hyped rda i ordered wotofo profile use 16mm x 6.8mm which they advertise to be large sized. The name max mesh sure fit this coil and i love.

Im sure no one is interested about this stuff but then it doesnt hurt anyone if i post my findings and opinions here :) im very interested about everything in vaping cant wait to get my buildables and start failing but learning aswell.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
CRITICAL UPDATE: i ordered 4 packs of coils and so far 4 out of 5 coils i tried are Not working. 3 leaked all the juice out from airvents and 1 wasnt even regonized by any mod. I tested with 2 different tanks so no user errors, juice always leak becouse of coils. I dont waste anymore ejuice for this mess. Few months without any harms but this is really bad.

VapeIrish

Apr 2, 2019
CRITICAL UPDATE: i ordered 4 packs of coils and so far 4 out of 5 coils i tried are Not working. 3 leaked all the juice out from airvents and 1 wasnt even regonized by any mod. I tested with 2 different tanks so no user errors, juice always leak becouse of coils. I dont waste anymore ejuice for this mess. Few months without any harms but this is really bad.

I have to be honest, I had the exact same experience when I bought additional coils. Considering the price tag, you would expect the coils to have a much better QC than they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread