TFV4 not letting me switch coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePirateKing

May 8, 2016
I have a 150 w cuboid that my TFV4 is firing off.
Well, here is the story. I had a birthday Thursday and decided it was time to upgrade from a cool fire 4. So I went and picked up the cuboid and smok tfv4 kit. Today, I went to change the 3 coil setup it started with and I am getting "Low atomizer". I tried to wick the rebuildable and see if that would give me any other option and I get "atomizer short" when none of this has a clear reason to me as of why its happening. I cleaned both 510 threads and made sure any point of contact was absolutely dry and spotless. The tri coil fires perfectly fine, just the quad and rebuildable are giving me issues. Everything was done snuggly and the quad will fire until I put the top of the tank on however once I set the glass down and start to tighten I get the "Low atomizer" message.
Thank you guys in advance, sorry if its not posted in the correct spot, I am a newb to the fourms.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I have a 150 w cuboid that my TFV4 is firing off.
Well, here is the story. I had a birthday Thursday and decided it was time to upgrade from a cool fire 4. So I went and picked up the cuboid and smok tfv4 kit. Today, I went to change the 3 coil setup it started with and I am getting "Low atomizer". I tried to wick the rebuildable and see if that would give me any other option and I get "atomizer short" when none of this has a clear reason to me as of why its happening. I cleaned both 510 threads and made sure any point of contact was absolutely dry and spotless. The tri coil fires perfectly fine, just the quad and rebuildable are giving me issues. Everything was done snuggly and the quad will fire until I put the top of the tank on however once I set the glass down and start to tighten I get the "Low atomizer" message.
Thank you guys in advance, sorry if its not posted in the correct spot, I am a newb to the fourms.
Short on rebuildable make sure coil is perfectly centred. If wire is hitting metal it will read short. As for Quad are you putting it together with base already mounted on the cuboid? Screw the head together then screw it on the mod. Watch for it to register ohms on mod at any point screwing it down. If I screw mine on my Cubiod to tight it does not register. I have little spacers I have to put between tank and mod. Just a couple things to try. CHEERS!

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
It sounds like your build. Check that all the screws are tightened and that no part of the coil is touching metal other than at screws. Also check that your coils are not touching the top cap or chimney. Screw just the base with RBA onto your mod, remove the wicks, and check the resistance and heat your coils without wicks, just pulsing the fire button until your coils are lighting up. Check that all coils are firing evenly and you don't have any hot legs or hotspots. Use a small flat head screw driver and strum your coils to space them until all are firing evenly. Let them cool and re wick
If the base is working okay without being in the tank and then once you get it all back together and you have problems, then some part of your coils are connecting with the top cap or chimney of the tank so you just need to break it all down and adjust the way your coils are seated. Good luck, hope this helps

My response is based on you using a RBA deck, if you are using a stock coil then either you have a bad coil and need to try another one or the center pin of your 510 has been pushed down and you need something like a small flathead screwdriver or pick to lift it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread