TFV4 RCA RUBBER TASTE FIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush1984

Dec 16, 2015
Hey guys ,

I just wanted to share a little fix

Got a TFV4? well i just bought the mini a few days ago and i was having troubles with the single clapton coil RCA that comes with the kit, no matter how great i built the core/washed it / soak in alcohol/ changed the o rings i got a burnt rubber taste when using the RCA.

i noticed it screwed in right at the tip of the actual rca (right next to the coil) which was warming up the o ring im using a smok x cube 2 but im just running the RCA on 20-30 watts , this silicone oring is in a very stupid place.

I thought if it screws in tight it shouldn't leak then i should be able to COMPLETELY remove that damn o ring? right?

yup removed it and now rubber taste free.
no leaks and good vapour and taste.

So now when i use that RCA i remove it and i put it back on when i use the dual coil which strangely doesn't have this issue.

I havent got the rda base but i hear alot on forums that it also suffers the same problem so maybe removing that o ring will help on that too.

Hope this helps someone who might be having this annoying problem

thanks

Rush

Andy B

Jan 11, 2016
Hey guys ,

I just wanted to share a little fix

Got a TFV4? well i just bought the mini a few days ago and i was having troubles with the single clapton coil RCA that comes with the kit, no matter how great i built the core/washed it / soak in alcohol/ changed the o rings i got a burnt rubber taste when using the RCA.

i noticed it screwed in right at the tip of the actual rca (right next to the coil) which was warming up the o ring im using a smok x cube 2 but im just running the RCA on 20-30 watts , this silicone oring is in a very stupid place.

I thought if it screws in tight it shouldn't leak then i should be able to COMPLETELY remove that damn o ring? right?

yup removed it and now rubber taste free.
no leaks and good vapour and taste.

So now when i use that RCA i remove it and i put it back on when i use the dual coil which strangely doesn't have this issue.

I havent got the rda base but i hear alot on forums that it also suffers the same problem so maybe removing that o ring will help on that too.

Hope this helps someone who might be having this annoying problem

thanks

Rush

Andy B

Jan 11, 2016
I have made 3 different coils with rayon , made different blends of flavour in case i was using too much flavouring, and tomorrow i was going to strip the tank down and clean every part seperately just in case i had missed some machine oil or something as i cannot get rid of the taste .... first thing in the morning i am going to take the "O" ring off before i do anything else.. Thanks for the info , i will let you know how i get on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread