Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Yes, I am a semi-noob. However, I think I still have some valid thoughts on this system and seeing as how there is only one review out there anywhere on it, it's time to get another opinion.

First off, I would like to say that trying to compare this to systems that involve cartos is almost apples to oranges. They both have their advantages and drawbacks, but they are different. I will only highlight a couple of these.

100_1789-1.jpg
First let's talk about what's in the box and how much I paid. The kit from Hoosierecigsupply.com comes with 2 900mah batteries, 5 empty cartridges, two tank atomizers, a USB charger and a wall plug converter. Mine came turned on, so be careful of this! The look is very stylish. The button glows blue when pressed and there is a ring of small blue leds that light up around the capped end of the battery. The spiral design is unusual and striking. The price tag on this kit is 42.99 and you can use a 5% off coupon found on the homepage (tip-read the fine print!). Shipping is $4, or if you make an order of $55 (after the discount) shipping is free. If you are a 60pg/40vg or even a 50/50 vaper, I recommend adding some juice (my fave is candy watermelon!) and a 901 to 510 thread adapter so you can put your 510 stuff on it in case the tank system just isn't for you. Even without the tank system, it's still a good buy!

How about weight? Not too heavy, especially when compared to my Kgo. It has a 900mah battery (longer life as compared to the standard ego 650mah) which will last a good entire day and night of heavy vaping.

On to Performance. Flavor is good. Very clean and not overpowering. Stronger flavor than a standard carto, but less than a 1.7ohm resurrector. No burning taste experienced even on the first few puffs as described by ego-t users.Vapor temp and production is where things get a little complicated. The vapor is very cool, throat hit is decent and vapor production is good. The key with this thing (for me anyway) to getting good vapor and no burning is to only fill the tank 75%, I hold it at a slight upward angle when I draw and press the button just a second before I start to draw and be sure to drip just a drop or two of juice on the atomizer at each refill. You can do this in between fills as well if you notice things starting to change and it will remedy it. This also remedies the complaint of an almost dry vapor that I saw with another review of this model. Vapor production is still not huge like a resurrector, but neither is the ego-t. This varies with juice as well. I am using a 60pg/40vg with no wicking problems whatsoever so long as I only fill 75%, which is the same case with the ego-t.

I'm going through a similar amount of juice as I do with a 1.7ohm xl carto. About .5 ml for every 3-4 hours of heavy vaping. So no surprises there.

And the number one complaint from tank users- leaking. With the ego-t I only got one good fill out of the cartridges it shipped with before the leaking started. Through the mouth piece and into my mouth, and around the area where the cartridge pops apart for filling. I have experienced no juice leaking outside of the cartridge after 5 refills. There is a minimal amount of juice leaking into a reservoir in the mouthpiece but none of it has found it's way into my mouth at all. Another note about the cartridge- these are not nearly as hard to insert and remove from the atomizer as the ego-t. I was afraid the fit was too loose when I first put it together but it hasn't been a problem at all. In fact, I like it better because I'm not fighting it out for a refill. The cartridges also came with soft rubber caps. Easy to get off and on, but still creates a great seal! Much better than the hard plastic caps on the ones the ego-t ships out with.

So what are the pros of this system?
• $42.99 as compared to $69.99 for the ego-t standard starter kit
• Standard tgo kit batteries at 900mah vs. ego-t at 650mah
• No leaks outside of the cart or into my mouth in first 5 fills vs. leaks into my mouth on 2nd fill with ego-t
• Easy to fill and durable carts vs hard to handle carts with the ego-t
• Cheaper replacement atomizers and carts (only $7 and carts only $3 at Hoosierecigsupply.com) vs an average of $11 for atomizers and $5 for carts with the ego-t
• No substantial wicking problems
• Easier to clean atty and longer life than a cartomizer, so cheaper to use if you clog cartos every day and a half
• Taste is very clean when compared to a carto because there isn't filler to deal with and cleaning is so easy

Things to keep in mind:
• It is a 901 thread type (but with the 901 to 510 converter at Hoosiers for only $2.50, problem is easily fixed)
• You can't fill it 100% with the full 1ml without having issues (but this problem is also seen with ego-t, and not really a big deal since you can see when you get low!)
• Vapor isn't really warm for being a LR atty, especially when compared to good or cartos Update: talked with Brent at Hoosiers and it really isn't supposed to be warm due to distance of atty from mouth piece.
• The tgo likes to be used a certain way, don't give up if it isn't right at first. Play around with how you fill, priming and how you hold it to get it just right!

The overall judgment:
I like it. Someone who doesn't like tank systems like the ego-t isn't going to like this. It's very similar just seems to be a little more properly working for me. And at this price, it's easy enough to put something else on the batteries if you don't like the tank system. If you already know you don't like tanks, I recommend the Kgo from this vendor. Good price and great performance. Only a dollar or so more than the tgo.

I hope this was helpful! If you have any questions or if I forgot to mention something please ask!

Attachments

• 13199099014291383303111.jpg
    13199099014291383303111.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_1789.jpg
    100_1789.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

space0matic

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Detroit, Michigan
This is a great review. Thank you for sharing it with us. I was torn between getting this or my kGo, and I already bought the kGo from Hoosiers before I had a chance to read any reviews.
That said, I have a tank system for my kGo on order (through Hoosier's) and I can't wait to try it. I am hoping it will perform at least half as well as all my other supplies I get from them. I'll try and write a cohesive review when I get it.
Cheers.

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Thanks! I noticed there weren't any reviews except the one by pbusardo and I think he was a little set to hate it from the get go because it was a tank. His other reviews are very good though and I love his tutorials! I thought it might be good to get another opinion out there. I've had great luck with Hoosiers so far. His customer service is excellent. If you have any trouble with your tank when you get it just shoot him an email. Hell have some good suggestions for you in just a few hours. If he carried syringes I think I'd make Him my only supplier. Still my current main though! And good choice with the kgo. I got one of those too and I love it. I'm rotating between the tgo and the kgo now! Ive got a bunch of juices coming in from Hoosiers and plan to start a review thread on that once it gets here. I love his candy watermelon! Been my main vape for the last week.

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Wow! What a quick response! Hoosier messages me back within 30 minutes with thoughts on what I should check to verify if it was a bad adapter and promised to have a new tested one in the mail Monday! And all after 10pm. Great customer service. I don't see any sense in him spending $4 to ship a $2 item when I have a planned order for Friday anyway, so I asked him to hold off and send with my next order. Will report back next week when I have it!

Vapronicity

Dec 11, 2011
FL
I have been using the tGo aty. for a few days now and just love it. I am using it on a lava tube with a 510 to 901 adaptor. (I put a small o-ring over the adaptor to restrict airflow) Your review was just the spark I needed to get on Hoosierecig and order the whole kit. In the product description he says that the 901 connection is a better design for avoiding leaks (if I understood it right) and so far I must agree. Not a leak in about 20 fills on the same tankridge. Thanks for the great review.

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Sure thing Vapronicity! I have a video I put together over the weekend but I need to reshoot part of it. I said "smoke" instead of "vape" in one spot and although I immediately corrected myself I think it still makes me look like a dummy. LOL. Also a further note on my adapter- got the new one in from Brent at Hoosierecigsupply.com today. This one def lets more air through, but not as much as I would like so I am looking for a solution. I like really easy draws. Maybe this is just the nature of adapters. Not sure. Will update as soon as I figure it out!

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Also wanted to note, after watching a new video from GrimmGreen he says no success with 901 cartos, but great success with 901 atty's. Still working on a solution for 510. Thinking of either modifying the slots on the adapter to be bigger, or trying a 510 to 510 adapter ontop of the 901 to 510. I will make this work! One way or another. LOL!

Vapronicity

Dec 11, 2011
FL
Also wanted to note, after watching a new video from GrimmGreen he says no success with 901 cartos, but great success with 901 atty's. Still working on a solution for 510. Thinking of either modifying the slots on the adapter to be bigger, or trying a 510 to 510 adapter ontop of the 901 to 510. I will make this work! One way or another. LOL!

Are you sure that you don't have an 808 carto? An 808 has the same threads as a 901 but the battery has 2 air holes drilled in between the threads. A 901 has the hole in the aty. If this is the case you need a 901bat to 808aty adapter (MV has them)

Can't wait to see the Vid!

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Are you sure that you don't have an 808 carto? An 808 has the same threads as a 901 but the battery has 2 air holes drilled in between the threads. A 901 has the hole in the aty. If this is the case you need a 901bat to 808aty adapter (MV has them)

Can't wait to see the Vid!

GrimmGreen was the one using the 910 cartos. I don't have any. Just 510s. I have a 901 to 510 adapter but it doesn't do the trick so nice.

Vapronicity

Dec 11, 2011
FL
Yes, I see you said it was a 510. I was confused. I've used regular 901 batteries with a 901/510 adapter and never had a problem. I have had to adjust the center pin of the atomizers a few times, but that solves a different problem (no contact)

I ordered my TGO from Hoosier but it hasn't arrived yet (maybe Thursday) I'll let you know if it works with 510 cartos, but by then you'll have figured it out.

Thanks again for the review and am looking forward to the video

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Yes, I see you said it was a 510. I was confused. I've used regular 901 batteries with a 901/510 adapter and never had a problem. I have had to adjust the center pin of the atomizers a few times, but that solves a different problem (no contact)

I ordered my TGO from Hoosier but it hasn't arrived yet (maybe Thursday) I'll let you know if it works with 510 cartos, but by then you'll have figured it out.

Thanks again for the review and am looking forward to the video

Where did you get your adapter? Hoosier's says the adapters he has in are kind of a problem batch and is looking for new. Mine doesn't seem to have a pin for adjustment in it. THe video is up on the first page of the thread! Excuse how goofy I am. LOL. I do too much with my face and I ramble when I talk. And pause too long.

Vapronicity

Dec 11, 2011
FL
I got the adapter from madvapes.com You can adjust the battery end with a small screwdriver OR
you can use a tweezer or pointy-nose pliers to pull out the center pin of the carto. This will fix a carto/aty that isn't making contact with the battery.

This will do nothing to fix the airflow problem.

I watched your video and think it was great for a first timer! It had a yellow tint that I guess was the camera or else the lighting. It was maybe a bit too long, but I didn't mind because you are very photogenic and present yoursef well.

Good luck with your 510 and future videos, Vapronicity

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Thanks! Also, I did some modifying and solved the 510 adapter issue! It took two things. If you look at the center pin of a 510 carto it has a groove in it. I replicated this on the adapter by using a pair of tweezers and pulling the pin out (mine is held in by a rubber ring) and I used a needle file to put the groove in. This alone does not work. I also had to drill one 18 gauge hole as close to the plate on the battery connection side as I could while the pin was out. This alone doesn't work either. I had two to try it on and you have to do both of these things. If any one else is having this problem please pm me and I'll get you pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread