Thank you noodles and charlie cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
Well the public hearing was today and I wanted to give a special thanks to noodles and charlie who actually took some time to turn out and show support.

I am not posting this to make the rest of you feel guilty even though you should8-o.

Noodles, great job speaking. I know that room full of people can be intimidating but you did great.

Charlie, I still regret not beating that guy up in the parking lot. On the way out I tried to get my friend to hit him with the truck but he wouldn't do it. :mad: He wouldn't even drive close enough for me to get that jerk with the door.

Thanks guys, your support is appreciated.

DW

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
I do feel very guilty. The woman I work for though is so worried that all the work that needs to be done won't be finished in time for her big party in a couple of weeks that so she needs me there everyday during the week and has even begun having me work on the weekends :-(

For those of us who were unable to be there, can you give a summary of what went on? And explain the story behind the guy in the parking lot.

I'm a man of peace, but if someone deserves it then a good ole' fashion beat-down might help to teach them a lesson, and therefore I can justify that the moment of violence was for the betterment of society and the human race. And I'm always down for battering, err, I mean bettering society and the human race ;)

Last edited:

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
9 people spoke about electronic cigarettes to the entire Suffolk County Board of Legislators.

4 members of ECF

The owner of the mall kiosks in Suffolk County, his son and his lawyer.

Then there were two people who spoke that were there for other issues but were interested enough in the situation to make impromptu comments. One person spoke in favor of them and one person spoke in opposition to them.

The legislators asked follow up questions to most of the people who spoke and though most of the follow up answers were pretty good I have to admit there were a few legislators that just didn't seem to get it.

Just about every aspect we wanted discussed manged to make it out through the various speakers. The issues that the health risk from second hand vapor is unfounded was brought up, the fact that it would become very difficult to sell these devices without allowing potential buyers to try them got discussed. The fact that it is unfair to force non-smokers into a hazardous smoking environment to use PV's that do not pose a health risk to the public is not just unfair but is taking advantage of the most vulnerable non-smokers.

We did get all the issues out there, but it will still depend if the legislators care or not.

The one down side was the guy that spoke last. He had not previously filled out a request to speak but once the registered speakers were done there was an opportunity for anybody in attendance to speak. This gentlemen started his address by very natter of factly stating that because every body that spoke spoke in favor of e-cigs he would like to speak aganst them.

He then went on to speak about how it is wrong to allow the apperance of smoking because it will encourage young people to smoke. He said he thinks every bit that they can do to prohibit smoking or anything that even looks like smoking is a good thing.

After the meeting was over I was outside vaping with Charlie. some guy walked up and tried to grub a cigarette from us. That was humerous. I joked to Charlie that we should wait for that last speaker and beat him up and force him to use a PV (perhaps through an orifice not traditionally intended to hold a PV). He did not know anything about the subject and his address to the legislators was nothing more than pure ignorance of the subject.

Obviously there are a great many small details that are omited here but I hope it portrays what happened well enough to give you an idea.

The most important aspect to me was that there was more than just Spike, Josh and myself there. The three of us have already met with some of the legislators and I think it was important for them to see some new faces along side us, showing support to realize we ARE a club and the three of us are not just renegades trying to stir things up alone.

In total there were 6 of us there. The five mentioned plus one of my friends who is not (yet) in the club were there. The next opportunity to speak to legislators in a public capacity will be on July 30th at 2:00 p.m. at the William H. Rogers Legislative Building in Hauppauge. I would really like it if our club could have a presence of at least 10 people at that meeting so please take heed of this advanced waring and everybody try to do what they can to make it there.

Thanks
DW

Charlie Cheese

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
LongIsland NY USA
Charlie, I still regret not beating that guy up in the parking lot. On the way out I tried to get my friend to hit him with the truck but he wouldn't do it. :mad: He wouldn't even drive close enough for me to get that jerk with the door.

Thanks guys, your support is appreciated.

DW

LOL

Next time let me drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread