Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
They stretch and warp and the silver coating wears off. Other than getting deformed or having a worn coating, I honestly have no clue.

Some will say "when you notice a drop in performance" but I have no idea beyond the above what things spring related could cause this...

Maybe some obsessive spring hoarders can chime in.... @coldgin96 maybe? :)
Yeah, drop in performance. With the V2's, Cecilia told me once a year stretching it if needed before then. ProVape recommends changing the P3 spring every 6 months. I'm pretty .... about it. I usually end up stretching before then.
"Drop in performance" for me and Jackie has always been the battery not lasting as long as expected.
You people getting away with never changing them must live in Oz. No, that's not meant to be derogatory, it's perplexing to me. :|

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
669ed311789869.560fd5627ab33.jpg

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, drop in performance. With the V2's, Cecilia told me once a year stretching it if needed before then. ProVape recommends changing the P3 spring every 6 months. I'm pretty .... about it. I usually end up stretching before then.
"Drop in performance" for me and Jackie has always been the battery not lasting as long as expected.
You people getting away with never changing them must live in Oz. No, that's not meant to be derogatory, it's perplexing to me. :|
Cool Thx.

I haven't changed a spring yet, but have only been using Provaris for a year and a bit and have 11 2.5/P3/Classic that the wife and I rotate thru.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Cool Thx.

I haven't changed a spring yet, but have only been using Provaris for a year and a bit and have 11 2.5/P3/Classic that the wife and I rotate thru.
I've got end caps and you've got springs.

I feel a Melanie song coming on... [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Not in 5 years have I ever needed to change or stretch a spring.

I'm such a newb. :facepalm:
I have a couple a caps that I have modified by sanding a radius onto the edge and polishing them, I swap them freely onto whatever P-thingy I happen to be using at the time. My springs get used hard and put away wet, so i try to make up for it by taking care of them a little.
:lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have a couple a caps that I have modified by sanding a radius onto the edge and polishing them, I swap them freely onto whatever P-thingy I happen to be using at the time. My springs get used hard and put away wet, so i try to make up for it by taking care of them a little.
[emoji38]
I could do so much with that last sentence, E.

Showing restraint...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I've got end caps and you've got springs.

I feel a Melanie song coming on... [emoji15]

upload_2017-1-19_12-36-8.jpeg

I could do so much with that last sentence, E.

Showing restraint...

:facepalm:

Show off... ;)

Not so much, BrayShay - just kwite lazy and the madame of a house full of Provis.

Good discussion! I like when we talk vaping and ProVape in a ProVape thread on ECF! :banana:

Refreshing!!!!! :toast:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Good discussion! I like when we talk vaping and ProVape in a ProVape thread on ECF! :banana:
I thought I went to wrong forum when I saw actual Provari discussion in a Provari discussion thread. :shock:

Did we run out of cat and food pics?:party:

Anyhow.... I was thinking now might be a good time to get the rest of my 2.5's sent to the mothership to be checked out and given a clean bill of health and convert the tops to P3. If I don't do it soon, I might regret it later. Yeah, yeah... The P3 connectors won't last forever but I likes 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread