Thank you Super_X..

Status
Not open for further replies.

PayleRyder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Cary, NC
Just had to show my appreciation with you for kinda running point on the whole RM2 how-to's and the experimentation you've done trying to chase the perfect build. I've made dozens of coils with suggestions you've made and tricks you've shared along the way.

Just for grins I've purposefully only been building new coil combinations on two of my RM2's, and leaving the third alone; running the same coil setup as the first day I made it. My routine is on Sundays I will take out the cotton wick, give a few dry-burns to burn off the carbon, brush the coil off, and push the blunt needle-tip back through the coil. Then threading a tiny bit of cotton into the end of the blunt needle-tip and pulling it back out the coil. (GREAT tip, btw!)

I'm now on my 7th week with that coil, and it's just as good as the day I built it. That's amazing, considering I would have probably gone through 4 regular attys by now if I never got into rba's. Oh, and the coil still meters at 1.2, just the same as the day I made it.

So, I just wanted to say "Thanks" for taking the time to share your knowledge and helping the community get the most out of these little gems. You've been a huge help for many people here.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Thank you!

Way back in the day*, before I started using RBAs, I looked at the pix of them and thought they looked so complicated and just "not for me". I mean, I had these killer supershort 1.7 smoktech cartos on my REO, what could be better than that. Who's got time to perform brain surgery on an RBA anyway?

Then juice junkie posted a thread that was very similar to how I eventually made my thread and after looking at it I thought "it's that easy"? So I pm's Davelog and he helped me get going down the track.

Ordered a hornet, pestered Lazymatt to post pictures of his hornet, molested Hildicat thru several pm's on how to actually get the rolled cotton out of the box (and that's no lie) went to a b&m, bought some really overpriced wire, came home and twisted up a coil. It was so easy!

Then my hornet came, i put that coil on, threaded in some rolled Cotton, started to vape it and knew that smoktech wasnt ever getting another dime from this kid. That was only 4 months ago almost to the day.

Since then, I've become borderline obsessed with playing with them and trying new spins off conventional coil making wisdom.

I also felt compelled to try to demonstrate to others, the way many here have demonstrated to me, that it is EASY! If I, the least patient person on earth can do it, ANYONE can.

So hearing you say that makes me happy and feel like the effort is a success. I like it. :)

I have never formally thanked all those who have inspired and helped me. The original ones were listed above. If I were to name all of them, It would be a long post containing the names of all the RBA'n REOnauts :)

You have just inspired me to share my latest thought in a coil / wick combo " the one hit wonder"

It's gonna be a micro, pressed low in the bowl with the cotton cut off flush at each end of the coil :)

Thanks again. I'm flattered !

Last edited:

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Well I must totally agree with the thank yous and compliments on your work and sharing sXd, had it not been for your patient teaching and question answering I would never have given anything Reos much of a thought. I would not have had the confidence that I could build attys and have them be wqorth a hoot. Good grief now I have 4 Rm2s and 2 Grands, all in about 2 weeks or so.
They work great!

I will be eagerly waitin to see your new "one hit wonder".

Again, simply, thank you.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Well, dadgumit, you know I've got nothin' to thank you for, y'old cuss!

except for up and mailing me a REO Grand & RM2 no strings attached. Like, "here, take a toot on this, and tell me what you think". Your micro coils are a game changer. I love that shistle. And, too, your generous great attitude and positive presence here in the ECF.

and your salty cotton balls too! ;)

Keep on keepin' on, Russ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread