• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Thank you to all Service Men&Women!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicStag

Mar 7, 2015
Salisbury, NC
(HOPE this is allowed!) I want to personally say, thank you to all the men and women who serve in the Armed Forces that are on this forum!!! You guys rock, no matter what you are, be it Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, the Marines, or the National Guard! Thank you so much for what you do and why you do it!

Sadly I myself have not served and cannot due to insulin dependent diabetes(Recruiters said that was a no-go sadly...), but my Grandfather on my dad's side served 40 years I believe it was in the US Navy. 3 of those as a Chief Medical Officer aboard the USS Francis Scott Key, SSBN-657.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
There was a commercial many years ago that had a tanker saying, "we do more before 9am than most people do all day". It can be, it can be a challenging adventure of going different places and doing different things. Challenges are rewarding and, therefore, growth of self. But, that growth can be hard and lingering.

I was never stationed overseas but I have many "tours" in many different places. I saw Paris, Rome, London, the Octoberfest. and the camps. I attended American Memorial Day services and Sunrise Service on a sand cliff with the sun rising.

I'm a bit broke, but, all in all, I wouldn't change it. I also know that looking back makes things easier than doing some of it.

Life growth is built on challenges.

In my efforts to repair some things, I quit smoking over night and now vape. My doctor, dentist, wife, etc. are happy. I am happier sitting on the front porch vaping with Dog. vaping is good and I hope to be helpful.

Thank-you to all that experience the challenges of military life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread