Thanks DIY forum! 1st attempt a sucess

Status
Not open for further replies.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I received my supplies from Wizard Labs last night and made my first juice early this morning and it's actually good. vaping right now at work in an 1.8 ohm Evod atop an MVP at 7W.

10 ml recipe
Capella Sweet Strawberry 1.2 ml
PG 2.0 ml
VG 5.0 ml
10% nic in PG 1.8 ml

I've read hours of pages on the forum before deciding to try this and was a bit worried. I'm sure I'll have failures but this is a good start. I'm gonna stock up on some other flavors for mixing and try for some baked goods recipes.

My syringes say "single use only" but I know better than that. Is a hot water flush good enough to clean these out or do I need vodka or something? I have a bunch of pipettes too; can these be washed out as well or are they truly disposable?

Thanks again forum.

Congrats on your first mix!

Regarding your syringes, I am not sure myself. What I do is keep a cup of warm water and I rinse my syringes after each use, to insure I don't contaminate the next item I use. I haven't had any problems. Point though, make sure you tighten the needles on your syringes before using them. I had my needle pop off while trying to squeeze out some nicotine and almost had a bad accident. Good thing I was wearing rubber gloves while handling the nicotine. :)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Congratulations,

You can use your syringes as many times as you like until it wears out. Flush with warm not hot water and reuse. When storing pull the plunger and dip it in VG and reinsert. This will help preserve it a little longer.

Coating the markings with clear nail polish will prevent the markings from rubbing off.

Keep plenty of new syringes on hand they wear out fast.

Last edited:

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Way to go, K31! Be sure to pick up numerous 1cc syringes. These are the ones you will need to replace the most, in my experience. You will find that certain flavors wreak havoc on the syringes, like menthol and tobacco absolutes. Once the rubber plunger starts to seize up, it's time to replace it. Clear tape can protect the syringe graduations, too.

Welcome to DIY and have fun with your mixing! :)

When storing pull the plunger and dip it in VG and reinsert. This will help preserve it a little longer.

That sounds like a great idea. I know that rubber (at least the natural variety) decomposes with exposure to air. Probably helps keep the movement smoother too, reducing wear from friction. It's kind of amazing how much use DIY-ers can get from something like a $0.50 syringe.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Danny that's a great idea. Have to buy some nail polish or steal some from my girls. By the way what do you clean your glass bottles with? A nice Wizard customer support guy told me to use Isopropyl Alcohol and let it evaporate but man the bottles stink now.

I just rinse them out with hot water and let them air dry. I'm not the type to go overboard and boil, soak and sterilize then microwave them dry:)

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Great tips all around. I've made 3 stand alone juices so far and like them all. I guess I'm not fussy! TFA Banana Nut Bread at 12% and Capella's Blueberry at 15% (this one is more subtle than the Strawberry) both a 50/50 mix and 12mg nicotine.

I'm surfing the recipes here and coming up with quite a list of flavors I need for my "lab".

jumphour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
CT, USA
I had my 1st success too. I got some supplies at ecigExpress, and did my first single-flavor. I just bought their pre-mixed 12mg 50/50 base (too chicken for 100mg/ml stuff yet to mix myself). I didn't use a calculator, so my nic is now a bit lower, but not enough to care about. I did a 10ml batch of 8.5ml base, 1.5ml Capella Apricot, and 10 drops of stevia (I like sweet fruit, after trying Killer Juice's peach, which is yummy.) I did a bunch of cycles in an ultrasonic with warm water (mine doesn't have heat), and left it capless for about 18 hours.

I just got an AeroTank Mega in the mail today (what is up with all the wasted space in those! LOL) and filled it up with my liquid. So good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread