Thanks ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinKun

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
I am just about 24hours into my e-cig experience and haven't had an analog in as many hours!

Well, actually I am about a week into me e-cig trip. Last week I bought a SmokeStick(RN4081) at a local smoke shop at the time it seemed like buying something that I could buy locally was the best solution. I got it home and charged up the battery and took a drag only to have it leak in my mouth. Which actually ended up being a good thing because that is how I found ECF.

Multiple days of research later, I ordered a 510 and ECOpure 20mg liquid from a fairly close supplier, I'm in Seattle, they ship from Boise. That was Monday night and my stuff arrived yesterday. So far so good!

If I have the urge to smoke I just take a drag off the e-cig. After smoking for 20 years it's quite refreshing and I already feel like I can smell things better. Like, my sweatshirt smells like smoke. LOL got wash out that combustion!

So, 20 years combusting from a pack/day at the beginning down to 10 analogs/day and no desire to "smoke." I have found that I only need to take a drag or two at about the same frequency that I used to smoke entire analogs(American Spirit Light Organics).

Just wanted to share my initial experience and say thanks to ECF and it's informative members!

ShinKun

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
hahaha yeah. I spent about 3x what I could have gotten it for online but oh well!

I still didn't find the initial cost to be too overwhelming. Now I am $150 into it. That's about 1 months worth of analogs(AS=$9-10/pack) for me and I figure I have about a 3 month supply of juice and hardware. Hopefully longer on the hardware but with reports of atty's lasting from 1 day to 7 months it's hard to say!

Jay Smith

Moved On
Sep 16, 2009
www.ecigarettespick.info
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spam

Jay Smith

Moved On
Sep 16, 2009
www.ecigarettespick.info
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spam

ShinKun

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
48 hours in and no desire for analogs!!!

Yesterday I realized I was getting some Nicotine withdrawal symptoms(sweaty palms, nausea, fidgety) and have bumped up to 3 or 4 puffs instead of just one or 2. I am also figuring out how to take a drag correctly it definitely makes a difference in the vapor and taste. Draw too hard and it can bit a little cool and harsh but if you do it right it's nice, smooth, and flavorful.

The other things I am noticing are clearer sinuses, less morning cough(although I expect an increase to clear things out), huge increase in my ability to smell(who knew the alley smells like garbage?), also an increase in energy.

It has been over 2 weeks now and no analogs! Morning cough is gone! I can breath through my nose!

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinKun

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
Wow!!
34 days no analogs and my 100th post!

I've finally settled in and have pretty much got my vaping dialed in but it was a short journey thanks to the forum.

I got sick of the carts and the burning polyfill after the first week so I tried the PTB, Brass Sceen mods while also learning to drip, to no avail. Nothing worked as well as dripping for me but dripping was rather hit or miss. Where did the vapor go? Is the atty flooded? is it to dry, is the battery dead?

I started rotating my 3 batteries, basically using a fresh one for every vape session. If things got dicey I would blow out the atty and start fresh. That was working pretty good but rotating batteries was a pita.

Now, I have a 510 atty(my first one might have just died) attached to the Protege for the power supply. The battery mod made it much easier to figure out vapor production issues and the non-cigarette form factor was easy to get used and is actually preferred now. Plus, there's no light!

Right now, I think I'm about 75% satisfied with my vaping experience. This technology has a long way to go but it is fully functional now and you really can use it to quit smoking. I did. It unchained me from the tobacco habit. Instead of smoking when I could, or when an opportunity arose, or because friend was, even if I really didn't need one, I vape when I need to and when I want to.

With analogs, it really was like a schedule. Smoke with morning coffee. Smoke on the way to lunch. Smoke after lunch. A couple smokes in the afternoon. Smoke after dinner. Then about 1 smoke per adult beverage.

My smoking neighbors and I would unintentional sync up every so often. Although nice to have a smoking buddy, it was kinda creepy in way.

Now, the habit has completely changed. I don't need to run outside with my first coffee. In fact I don't vape until I have been awake for a few hours now. I still have the after meal sessions but the cravings are different. I almost have to remember to vape after dinner instead of immediately having cravings and running outside.

Even when alcohol is in the mix the schedule is gone. A friend took me out for drinks right after I got my Protege. After the third, I asked if he noticed anything different. Right away he realized I hadn't been out to smoke. I did however have I couple hits in the bathroom. I love being able to do that.

Even though I do feel like this is much safer than analogs my plan is to continue this for a bit and then eventually quit nicotine altogether. I think my next step, after getting a PT(LOL), will be something like the Ploom, that is more of plant material vaporizer than a liquid vaporizer. That type of PV will remove most of the unknown factors for me.

That's my update.

Thanks for helping me quit analogs ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread