Thanks to forum memebrs - new user with a PureSmoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartoon Dude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Planet of the Vapes
Just wanted to say thanks to all the people who have been helpful to others on these forums, especially noobs. I was lurking here for a while when I first learned about this whole e-cig thing. As a geek I had to try it out.

Thanks to the forum I was able to educate myself on everything surround this e-cig thing -- would have been lost otherwise.

From the suggestions on this board, I ordered a pen-style smoker from puresmoker.com and so far have been duly impressed -- super-fast shipping, and the unit arrived working fine and battery charged (as Steve said it would on his FAQ video).

I think this was a greast entry-level model, and would suggest to anyine out there that's curious as I was to pick one of these up. The price is right and you'll be able to tell if the e-cig is for you. The e-cig arrived in just 2-3 days, which was awesome.

I should also give a compliment to this guys at Janty USA. I had first emailed them with some product questions and the reply was lightning quick and friendly. I am holding off on a deluxe/portable model until I see how the e-cig thing goes, but the customer support of both these companies (Janty USA & PureSmoker.com) has been impressive.

Cartoon Dude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Planet of the Vapes
Naz - I went with the pen-style as I am primarily trying to quit chain smoking while sitting in front of the computer working all day. I read the pen-style have larger capacity. If I get into this I will definitely be picking up a portable unit.

BrownBeer - a hello back to you fellow Ohioan! With the cig tax in our state, I am surprised more people in our area aren't into/aware of these alternatives.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Yep- the carts do last longer, the only thing is that it's a little heavy for holding in teeth for long periods, which if that's how ya generally esmoke, the 901 will be appreciably lighter I think (not sure, as I think most of hte wieght coems from the battery- not sure if the batt on the 901 is same size as penstyle or not)

Note, you also got the 4 hole atomizer on the penstyle which is MUCH MUCH better I guess than the older 2 hole ones- much easier draw I'd think, so ya got the good ones. Hope ya got another artomizer or two as backups, these are the things that go on the esmoking devices, so to save frustration of not having a working ecig while you reorder, might just wanna pick a few up at Cashme's prices- they are much less expensive and work just as good if not better than other expensive brands.

Hello,
We can convert the whole state :p

The atomizers can get dirty, and if your not careful they can burn out too, but only if you run them dry.
Just watch if the vapor really drops off, try cleaning it first, then think about replacing it.
The batteries on these are not the best eather, Ive been through 2 already, but I think I killed the one myself :p
Spare parts of all kinds for these is a good idea.

jpc815

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2008
Tennessee, United States
Yikes, I didn't realize that would be the case -- 2 - 3 weeks. Seems a poor design, has to be a way to swap out parts instead of throwing the whole atomizer part away. What a waste.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have had the classic and the mini from PureSmoker, and I have been using them for over a month and have not had an atomizer go bad, actually I have not even had to clean them yet and I was using JC juice in the mini's until everyone said it was ruining the atomizers. It didn't seem to hurt mine, but I haven't used it much after the first 2 weeks.

SmokingInTexas

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2008
Texas, USA
I have several pen styles and the 901 and haven't had an issue in a month and a half that wasn't completely fixed by boiling the atomizers. I'm guessing that the rapid atomizer burn-outs might be caused by letting it get too dry.

I am slowly migrating to dripping (for the pens) because I find it produces vapor much more consistently, and is actually easier than changing carts.

At the first sign of any... burnt taste, more liquid. I suspect it's better to drown an atomizer (which can be drained/boiled/cleaned) than to burn up the atomizer by smoking it dry.

And I used JC juice (an older batch) on two pen style atomizers and the 901. It did reduce vapor in a few days, but all 3 atomizers came back to NEW after boiling them clean.

Just one man's experience...

Cartoon Dude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Planet of the Vapes
Cool, thanks for the info all!

Also, have to say after a few days or using this thing I have really cut down on 'analog cigs' (saw that term in another post and loved it!). Once you get a feel for the drag and inhale -- which isn't the same as a regular cig -- it becomes kinda natural. At first I just let the vapor linger in the mouth with small inhales, but now I can get a decent drag and even some spare vapor on the exhale. Makes it much more like smoking an analog.

The taste is probably the weirdest thing about it, at least the samples that came from PureSmoker.com. Once I allowed the e-cig taste to be it's own thing rather than a one-to-one replacement, it got a bit easier to relax into it. It's still kinda weird and I am not sure if I "like" it, but then again analog cigs were probably kinda gross the first time I smoked them, but it's been so long I hardly recall :) I am hoping other carts/juices will be more to my liking.

I definitely want to try some other juices/flavors, for now I have my eye on the Janty NR4/RY4 or whatever it's called (it's listed differently on the website, and confirmed by the admin that it's the same stuff). They have a weird ordering procedure though, you have to send them PayPal money, no shopping cart. I have a biz PayPal account, it's not that hard to set that stuff up. Comes off a bit unprofessional to me.

I still have no idea how long a cart lasts, I went through one battery already but still the first cart is billowing away nicely.

jpc815

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2008
Tennessee, United States
Cool, thanks for the info all!

Also, have to say after a few days or using this thing I have really cut down on 'analog cigs' (saw that term in another post and loved it!). Once you get a feel for the drag and inhale -- which isn't the same as a regular cig -- it becomes kinda natural. At first I just let the vapor linger in the mouth with small inhales, but now I can get a decent drag and even some spare vapor on the exhale. Makes it much more like smoking an analog.

The taste is probably the weirdest thing about it, at least the samples that came from PureSmoker.com. Once I allowed the e-cig taste to be it's own thing rather than a one-to-one replacement, it got a bit easier to relax into it. It's still kinda weird and I am not sure if I "like" it, but then again analog cigs were probably kinda gross the first time I smoked them, but it's been so long I hardly recall :) I am hoping other carts/juices will be more to my liking.

I definitely want to try some other juices/flavors, for now I have my eye on the Janty NR4/RY4 or whatever it's called (it's listed differently on the website, and confirmed by the admin that it's the same stuff). They have a weird ordering procedure though, you have to send them PayPal money, no shopping cart. I have a biz PayPal account, it's not that hard to set that stuff up. Comes off a bit unprofessional to me.

I still have no idea how long a cart lasts, I went through one battery already but still the first cart is billowing away nicely.

PureSmoker also has the Ry4 liquid and his is very good! He just calls his Riskee Yuice under his Premium Juice. :thumb:

I just wanted to let you know my personal experience regarding the taste. I have been esmoking (Vaping. What do we call this anyhow?) for three weeks now. At first I wasn't too satisfied with the taste either. But as you said, I acknowledged that smoking at first probably tasted weird. I had decided before my first ecig arrived in the mail that I "WAS GOING TO LIKE IT", period. I wanted to get off cigs and this was the way I chose to do it. Then a funny thing happened. After about two weeks I tried to smoke a real cig (stressful day)! It made me gag and get a bit nauseous. First of all, I had been doing Low nic for those two weeks, so you can imagine the reaction. But also, the taste in my mouth was just so gross! I actually had to brush my teeth and wash my hands cause I was so grossed out by it.

So while every person is different, I wanted to let you know that yeah, you will get used to the difference, and likely it won't take long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread