Thanksgiving food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX
What is your favorite thanksgiving food and what is your best Thanksgiving memory?

Mine- Green Bean Cassarole :p

My best memory was when I was just a little wee one. I think I was like 4 or 5. Back in Colorado with my entire family before the divorce, my mom and dad made a HUGE thanksgiving dinner and the entire street ate at our house. :)

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
Mine would have to be mashed potatos with cream corn on them.

My favorite old memory was back when both of my grandparents were alive and we would go to their house for lunch on thanksgiving. Sit in the dining room with football on the tv.

My favorite more recent memory involves my youngest nephew (he's 18 now, but was 9 or 10 at the time) got up from the table and started up the stairs towards the bathroom. My mom told him he should excuse himself from the table and he said...."but I didn't fart"...and of course the laughter ensued.

Enid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Greenville, SC
My favorite Thanksgiving would have been 4 years ago. I had my entire "family", which consists of the two kids (now in their twenties) that I raised for a few years and their older siblings, my mom, my best friend, random gay people and their partners (who couldn't celebrate Thanksgiving together because their families wouldn't allow them to bring their partners), an old co-worker who has family in Cali, random people from my friend's work. Everyone was allowed to invite anyone that they knew. It was a huge group of people. We ate like pigs, got out the sleeping bags for people to sit and lay on in the den, watched dvds, played scrabble and poker.
My best friend invited this guy who I had thought was homeless but it turned out he had a home just didn't ride in cars. I'd always seen him walking around town. He was an older vietnam vet, who had a few issues but was a kick-... scrabble player :)

food= deviled eggs

Last edited:

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I love corn casserole, the one with the corn bread mix in it........:p

Any Thanksgiving from the distant past are the ones I miss most, we had a big house and would have all the family over......especially those when my dad and grandfathers were still around...........though my dad never carved with his one arm!!!:laugh:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
What is your favorite thanksgiving food and what is your best Thanksgiving memory?

Mine- Green Bean Cassarole :p

My best memory was when I was just a little wee one. I think I was like 4 or 5. Back in Colorado with my entire family before the divorce, my mom and dad made a HUGE thanksgiving dinner and the entire street ate at our house. :)

My son's too.

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Years ago I started buying the biggest turkey I could find(or 2 if one was'nt big enough);make all the trimmings in huge amounts and spread the word that anyone who did'nt have family or a way to celebrate the holiday was welcome to come and enjoy the day with us.As years have gone by and the kids grown up this family tradition continues and they preform the same ritual but they also circulate to each others homes during the day and they all get down to my house for their favorite dishes.We have been fortunate to meet many people doing this; friends bring friends,folks who've been stranded or just down on their luck.We have heard from people that spent Thanksgiving with us 30 or more years ago!Since I worked nights alot of prep was done the day before and I'd call the kids around 4:00 in the morning and they would put the turkey in the oven so our dinner was ready about !0;00 in the morning so I was able to eat with the kids and still be able to catch some sleep before going back to work that night!One last thing...no matter how many people showed up we never ran out of food and even had some leftovers!Oh my, Halloween to New Years Day my favorite time of the year!!!!

Last edited:

Enid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Greenville, SC
That's an awesome tradition, Gramakittycat.

Years ago I started buying the biggest turkey I could find(or 2 if one was'nt big enough);make all the trimmings in huge amounts and spread the word that anyone who did'nt have family or a way to celebrate the holiday was welcome to come and enjoy the day with us.As years have gone by and the kids grown up this family tradition continues and they preform the same ritual but they also circulate to each others homes during the day and they all get down to my house for their favorite dishes.We have been fortunate to meet many people doing this; friends bring friends,folks who've been stranded or just down on their luck.We have heard from people that spent Thanksgiving with us 30 or more years ago!Since I worked nights alot of prep was done the day before and I'd call the kids around 4:00 in the morning and they would put the turkey in the oven so our dinner was ready about !0;00 in the morning so I was able to eat with the kids and still be able to catch some sleep before going back to work that night!One last thing...no matter how many people showed up we never ran out of food and even had some leftovers!Oh my, Halloween to New Years Day my favorite time of the year!!!!

Eekaa Chu

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Texas USA
Awesome tradition GKK! That's my favorite time of year too. :)

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
My favorites have always been the appetizers. My family would do a huge spread of appetizers and I would always be full before dinner ever started! My favorites were super simple to make 7-layer taco dip and a shrimp cocktail dip. My mom took a block of cream cheese and covered it with cocktail sauce and mini shrimp.

My husband & I actually ate last Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel, though. It was surprisingly good!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread