That tank you can't let go of and can't get to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Maybe we all have one, maybe we don't.

Mine is the subtank mini. I loved the way it vaped. The flavor was crisp and clean. The vapor was high quality. It was perfect except...it leaked. All the time. Not gushing but juice would seep from between the glass and base.

I tried everything. Changed the o rings. Replaced the glass. The local B&M even replaced it free of charge and that one leaked. Sadly it went into retirement as I have kids and can't have nic juice on my hands or clothes.

It has been replaced by the Cubis which to its credit will not leak yet its flavor is never quite what I got from my juice with the subtank. To complicate matters there is the top tank mini floating out there saying: try me. Ugh.

Every couple of weeks I look at that old subtank mini, cleaned and sitting in its packaging itching to give it another go. Do you have a tank like this? Which one? Did you get it to work? Or does it haunt your vaping dreams of what could have been?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
For me it was the beautiful but not for me Strata by Super T. Beautiful and innovative, but I could never get a satisfying vape from it. I tried so many builds. I even had some wonderful members send me theirs set up , ready to vape, but either I could not replicate it or it was not a type of vape I liked.

Its a beauty, and looks wonderful on the little Simplicity Ti. They both are in a special shelf.

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
Oh yeah.

For me it's a lemo 2 I got last January. I have so far made 2 coils and quit counting how many times I rewicked it after I reached the number 13.

Leakage ranging from a dribble to whole tank all over the place no matter what I do. Got it to go leak free for three whole days once, but a it got knocked over and I didn't notice. Leak, leak, leak.

Changed the gaskets. Leak, leak, leak.

Tired of "you have to wick it right" blah blah. Dribble, dribble leak, gush.

I keep threatening to passing it onto to someone who can get it to work properly, as its been banished to my closet for several weeks.

However, I have to recoil my squonker tonight and was considering torturing myself with the old Lemo 2 while I was at it.

UGHHHH

The vape on it is very good though.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Oh yeah.

For me it's a lemo 2 I got last January. I have so far made 2 coils and quit counting how many times I rewicked it after I reached the number 13.

Leakage ranging from a dribble to whole tank all over the place no matter what I do. Got it to go leak free for three whole days once, but a it got knocked over and I didn't notice. Leak, leak, leak.

Changed the gaskets. Leak, leak, leak.

Tired of "you have to wick it right" blah blah. Dribble, dribble leak, gush.

I keep threatening to passing it onto to someone who can get it to work properly, as its been banished to my closet for several weeks.

However, I have to recoil my squonker tonight and was considering torturing myself with the old Lemo 2 while I was at it.

UGHHHH

The vape on it is very good though.

Crossing my fingers for you. I tend to suffer from an odd atty affliction.

When I finally make up my mind to take a chance on an atty, I will read all the reviews and keep an eye out for those that have similar needs and likes. I will look at all the how to videos and make sure its not too complicated or that it will possibly be hard for me to work with because of my bad hands.

I order and again, study , study study. Sometimes I will prepare by making a few coils to play with. Most of the time I will get it just right and perfect on first set up. I start to feel that I made a great choice and then comes the second set up, and its a total fail.....

Sometimes I see its a simple thing that I forgot or step I left out, but many times its never good for me again.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Mine was the Triton Tank version 1. My 1st top fill, I was so excited. Darn thing would leak full tanks of liquid at every use. I took it apart, replaced the 0 rings and it leaked. I switched to Atlantis Coils and the leak slowed, almost to a stop for about a tank full, then leak... leak... LEAK. I gave up and shelved it for almost a year. Just last month I was cleaning my vape cabinet and came across it again. I cleaned it up real good and put it back in it's original box, took it with me to work and gave it away. Leak stopped, at least for me:D

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Mine was a Kayfun clone. I could not seem to fill it correctly to stop the leaking. It was big and heavy anyway, so no biggie.

Btw, all I use presently is STMs. Love them!

I think the fact that the STM is so popular and widely used is definitely part of what keeps me wondering about it. How can millions of people have no issues? What did I do wrong? Out of all the tanks I've worked with; this is the one that got away.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Mine was the Triton Tank version 1. My 1st top fill, I was so excited. Darn thing would leak full tanks of liquid at every use. I took it apart, replaced the 0 rings and it leaked. I switched to Atlantis Coils and the leak slowed, almost to a stop for about a tank full, then leak... leak... LEAK. I gave up and shelved it for almost a year. Just last month I was cleaning my vape cabinet and came across it again. I cleaned it up real good and put it back in it's original box, took it with me to work and gave it away. Leak stopped, at least for me:D

That is definitely one way to stop the leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread