• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

that's it--i'm going to start smoking again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
me, too. these guys are just corruption incarnate. how about they ask US what we think about the e-cig's usefulness in helping us stop smoking? nah, that would get in the way of their peddling their nearly useless patches, gum, lozenges and nasal spray (yuck). and you'll get my eGo when you pry it out of my cold...dead...

and maybe instead of "testing" the usefulness of e-cigs with those crappy things you get at the gas station, they ask the folks who are using the next gen PVs? i can answer this question the same way i answered the first one...

Last edited:

birdbrains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2011
New York, NY
According to the article: "testing of users in laboratory settings revealed minimal blood nicotine concentrations. Marketing claims aside, the devices tested did not efficiently deliver nicotine, much less deliver it into the arterial blood as tobacco smoke does. Smokers attempting to use e-cigarettes for smoking cessation will most likely find them ineffective; indeed, their use may instead perpetuate smokers' addiction."

Wow--no nicotine?? Tell that to my shaking hands and beating heart as I sample juices tonight!! (Okay--exaggerating a bit--I'm fine). Seriously It's been one month and the 5-6 times I've had an analog in that time I've had the same thought every time: this tastes awful, where the hell is my PV?

I've had 60 nicotine patches in my desk drawer for months, and the gum I've had for years is expired. If vaping has as little harm as we think it might--it is almost too good to be true to think that after 10 years of lighting something on fire and inhaling the burning smoke that I no longer want to do that. Like a little miracle.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
This is getting to be worse than a soap opera where the leading man is constantly being killed of and brought back to life.

"e-cigs are bad! They deliver the killer nicotine!"
Truth: studies show that nic is no more harmful than the caffine in your coffee
:vapor:

"they aren't tested! We have no proof that they work and should not be used!"
Truth: Google. It's a powerful thing. Bet you can find a few, maybe even a dozen* people who would share their experience
:vapor:

"they don't deliver nicotine. People should only use FDA approved nicotine delivery systems that combined have a 7% success rate"
Truth: Dude. I thought nicotine was the bad killer chemical? I have a headache. Is Tylenol still safe to use?

* a dozen x 100,000 people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread