Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at Artemis II 2 RDTA by ThunderHead Creations kindly sent to me by the sourcemore Online shop which I thank.

In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish it. I hope by the end of this reading you have understood this vaporizer, and decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.
    Enjoy the reading

► THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; details given by the manufacturer:
    1. In collaboration with the German auditor Tony Vapes
    2. 510 threaded connection
    3. Dimensions: 25 x 44.5mm
    4. Material: stainless steel
    5. Drip Tip 810
    6. 4.5ml capacity (5.5ml bubble glass not included)
    7. Easy side / bottom filling system
    8. Large Single Screw Build Deck
    9. Postless Single / Dual Coil deck
    10. Patented single screw coil locking system
    11. Reinforced locking system
    12. Double ceramic insert reinforced inside
    13. Adjustable honeycomb airflow system with 38 holes

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-2.jpg

► THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Gunmetal
    • Matt Black
    • Silver Black

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-3.jpg

► THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; Packaging:
    The elegant black cardboard packaging with gray streaks shows and highlights the various writings in gold and silver. On the front we find; the THC logo and that of Tony Vapes, the name of the vaporizer, the abbreviation RDTA + By ThunderHeadCreations in Cooperation With TNYVPS.

On the back; all the various generic information on the content, warnings, trademarks and logos required by law.

On the remaining sides they are reproduced with enlarged fonts; the THC logo and that of Tony Vapes, there are also the Scrat & Check and an adhesive label containing the color indications of the sample.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-4.jpg

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-5.jpg

► THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; Packing List:
    1 * ThunderHead Creations Artemis II RDTA
    1 * Replacement Glass
    2 * Spare Screws
    1 * Hex Screwdriver
    1 * Pin BF
    1 * Leg trimming tool
    1 * Replacement Ceramic Insert
    2 * Spare springs
    2 * 4 Core Fused Clapton Coil + Spare O-rings
    1 * User Manual
    1 * Quality Control Certificate

So we are talking about a fairly rich content of accessories and spare part's, however I would have expected at least two cotton laces which unfortunately are not included in the package. I note with disappointment that there is no pre-assembled coil with a larger diameter for a correct single-coil Build.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-6.jpg

► THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; First impressions:
    The Artemis II RDTA with simple feeding of the coils through cotton, differs substantially from the Artemis RDTA Special Edition which uses a more complex system, in the latter case the feeding takes place via 4 steel cables + cotton: https: // www.sourcemore.com/thc-artemis-rdta-special-edition-ss.html.

There are some priorities to keep in mind when buying a Tank! The first priority is certainly the intended use, and the Artemis II 2 RDTA 25mm from 4.5ml, with its wide range of action, covers different modes of Vaping in an excellent way. The Postless Deck for dual coils, the 810 drip tip, the presence of two types of interchangeable pins (one perforated and one full) will certainly satisfy that audience of customers who prefer RDTA vaporizers for DL / RDL vaping with classic Mod 510 but also with Mod BF for squonk.

The Artemis in this test shows the glass without the protection of a steel cage and thanks to the super low profile of the 510 base the optical effect is overall very attractive. Let's say that Artemis combines very well once it is installed on a Mod! Regardless of whether it is a normal Mod or a BF Mod.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-7.jpg

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-8.jpg

Sourcemore sent me the Sample version with Silver Black coloring of Artemis II 2 RDTA, the silver finishes immediately look very beautiful on the glossy black body of the tank, as well as the gold-colored antimicrobial band of the Drip-Tip 810 stands out. L he aesthetic impact of Artemis is therefore very positive in my eyes, like the undoubtedly valuable and solid construction that Artemis transmits to me.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-9.jpg

► THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; AFC:
    Artemis's AFC honeycomb system uses 19 holes per side (38 total holes). These holes have a diameter of 1mm each and are arranged in 3 rows which are inclined 45 ° downwards. The rotation of the Top Cap allows you to adjust the amount of holes that must remain open or closed, furthermore there are limit stops at the maximum opening or maximum closure of the air flow.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-10.jpg

Inside the Top Cap there is a steel structure machined from solid which has several functions:
    1; This structure is provided with the same 38 holes that are present on the outside of the top-cap and which direct the air flow towards the coils
    2; The structure reduces the empty spaces around the coils to maximize the steam flow towards the Drip-tip
    3: Keeps the top cap firmly anchored to the deck thanks to the pin indicated by the arrow in the image below.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-11.jpg

► THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; Postless Deck & Top Side Refill:
    The Top-Cap is firmly held by two o'ring present laterally on the deck, these o'ring have the function of preventing e-liquid leaks, moreover the "usual" pin (indicated by the arrow in the image below) fits directly into the refill hole, blocking any e-liquid overflows and keeping the entire Artemis structure very solid. The refill hole is cleverly and widely flared, this process allows easy topping up of liquid inside the tank.

The Artemis postless deck is simply a suspended flat structure with a rectangular design, with a hole for filling and with two large slots for positioning the cotton to be dropped into the tank below. The Deck has a single hexagonal lateral screw to open / close 2 special reinforced clamps, these clamps are separated by a spring, and when the screw is unscrewed, 4 holes are opened on the deck that allow you to quickly extract or insert the coils, while tightening the screw the coils will be blocked on the deck.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-12.jpg

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-13.jpg

► THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; Exploded view:
    Artemis II 2 RDTA can be completely dismantled, which makes cleaning operations simple and truly meticulous. The very thin caseback can be completely unscrewed and this allows you to quickly replace the pyrex glass. The bottom of the Thread 510 is internally threaded, so it is possible to replace the solid pin with the pierced one for the squonk.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-14.jpg

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-15.jpg

► THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; Build:
    For the Build operation it is necessary to have a cutters, a pair of cotton laces and the Allen key (included in the kit). I prepared the coils present in the kit using the special tool (included in the kit) leaving the legs 8mm long.

I would like to underline the goodness of the ceramic clamp system controlled by a single screw, the operation of inserting the coils in the deck is really quick and within everyone's reach.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-16.jpg

Artemis II 2 RDTA is perfectly designed for a medium / large diameter Buil dual-coils and the AFC system with honeycomb design with its 38 holes ensures a large airflow for the most performing DL uses, however I assume that by adjusting the AFC system in more closed positions, interesting performances can be obtained even in RDL mode with less aggressive coils or with a large single-coil to be used on 50W. In this case, a gigantic single-coil (at least with an internal diameter of 5mm) would be needed to provide a large amount of cotton to be placed in the large Artemis slots.

The two 4-Core Fused Clapton Coils supplied once installed and teased have a resistive value equal to 0.10Ω, so they must be pushed to a rather high power, so I started at 70W obtaining good results in terms of flavor and production of clouds, but the slight delay in the activation of the coils convinced me to raise the power to 80W, obtaining the speed of activation of the coils I was looking for. With 80W of power, the amount of steam is good but almost unchanged compared to the 70W previously set, what changes at 80W is a greater aromatic yield with a consequent increase in the heat of the steam. The heat is excessive if a slow inhalation technique is used, therefore it is necessary to inhale firmly and preferably with the AFC wide open to avoid "hot puffs".

I believe this RDTA does well the two different types of use possible with it. With the full pin in Tank mode we have a capacity of 4.5ml which is not much, however filling Artemis is a simple operation that allows you to quickly start again to produce clouds. The BF (Squonk) mode is the one I like the most, firstly because it works well and it's nice to press the bottle of the mod and see through the glass the liquid rapidly rising to the top. Secondly, I prefer the BF mode because you get an additional reserve of e-liquid immediately available.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-17.jpg

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-18.jpg

► THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; Final Conclusions:
    I liked this vaporizer very much and you will no doubt have guessed it if you have read the whole review, however I am sure that many of you are in a hurry or do not have much time to devote to long reads like this. So thanks to those who followed me up to here, for all the others I summarize my personal "Up" & "Down" below.

•• THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; Pro:
    • Versatile with dual modes of use (Classic Tank and Tank BF)
    • Captivating aesthetics
    • Compact and extremely robust
    • Accuracy of assembly
    • Tool to cut the legs (Included)
    • Fast buil with a single screw for tightening the coils
    • Replacement ceramic clamp

•• THC Artemis II 2 RDTA; Tips:
    • Cotton laces are missing in the package
    • A large diameter coil is missing in the package for single-coil builds.

Thanks to Sourcemore for sending me the sample for review.
    THC Artemis II 2 RDTA is priced at $ 28.49 by entering the code: ART2

ThunderHead Creations Artemis II RDTA Φ25mm 4.5/5.5ml Tank

Thanks for reading.

THC-Artemis-II-2-RDTA-19.jpg

Last edited:

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Great review! Looks like a nice tank. I might have to try one. Why was it necessary to cut the coil legs so long at 8mm. Most tanks I use normally I’ll cut the legs around 4-6mm.
    Thanks Hitt :thumb:
    The supplied coils provided a very low value (legs 8mm=0.10ohm) if I had cut the shorter legs most likely the ohms value would have been too low for my taste.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks Hitt :thumb:
    The supplied coils provided a very low value (legs 8mm=0.10ohm) if I had cut the shorter legs most likely the ohms value would have been too low for my taste.

I get it. I don’t go that low either. I probably wouldn’t have used their coils. I would have done a couple .4 ohm coils to come out around .2.

Reactions: Frenkyou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread