hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome. Today I will be taking a look at the Thunderhead Creations x Mike Vapes Blaze Solo rda that was sent to me by Sourcemore in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. The Blaze Solo is 24mm in diameter and has a 2ml liquid capacity. This is really a good capacity but I always install the bottom feed pin and use rdas on squonk mods myself. The build deck for the Solo is postless and has 315 degree angled down honeycomb airflow. There are 43 honeycomb airflow holes on this one to provide the best flavor possible from this rda.

dnKPvoC.jpg

PZE97uB.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA
    1* Coil Leg Trimmer
    1* BF Pin
    1* Blaze Shoelace Cotton
    2* 3 Core Fused Clapton Coil
    2* Allen Key
    Spare Screws
    Spare O-rings
    1* User Manual

XHw9ZYG.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size: Diameter 24 * 29.5mm

Material: SS/Aluminum

Capacity: 2ml

Deck: Single coil

Filling: Top/bottom filling

Drip Tip: 810

Color: Glass, SS, Gun, Gold, Red, Lava Black, Gold Black, Matt Black, Silver Black

8QuFpj2.jpg

FEATURES:

1. 24mm diameter, 810 drip tip

2. 2ml capacity, top/bottom filling

3. Designed with innovative victor build deck

4. Postless design, easy and convenient to build

5. Angled down 315° honeycomb surrounding airflow

6. Pyrex glass cap available

ENQ9Bbn.jpg

RNKU09a.jpg

zkxnQXP.jpg

The packaging for the Blaze Solo is of the type that I like with the clear viewing window on the front of the package. Just like the other THC products I’ve tested there is quite a bit of writing/branding on the box. Of course there is the THC logo and Mike Vapes name on the front since it was a collaboration. There is also a sticker on the front stating that it was vote as the best single coil rta by a FB group. Just like the front, the back side is covered in branding along with a short contents list and the THC website.

1674422774187.png

1674422812686.png

Once the box top is lifted then the Solo rda is better visible. I received the gunmetal version which is dark enough that initially I thought I had received the black version. Initially you get a look at the rda and the coil cutting tool sitting above it in the insert. Below that is the user manual, warranty card, two allen wrenches, extra grub screws, bf squonk pin, spare o rings, two coils, and one cotton thread. I’m a little surprised there were two coils and only one cotton thread.

1674422865516.png

1674422892481.png

Like any tank or rda, first thing you want to go is to clean the tank. This one only breaks down into three pieces which are the drip tip, outer chamber, and the base/build deck. I’ve notice after past experience with THC tanks that they tend to include drip tips that are a little nicer than what are included in most tanks.

The Solo has a 24mm base with a height of 29.5mm. The Blaze name is formed into the outside of the chamber in a nice font. The bottom of the base has the THC logo and name as well as Mike Vapes name engraved on it, It also has a serial number on it. You can see in the second and third pictures below that the 510 center pin protrudes quite a bit. The Solo uses two cyclops type slots to provide the airflow into the tank. The airflow comes in through those two slots that can be adjusted by turning the chamber. Once the air comes in then it is angled down before going up through the 315 degree honeycomb airflow that is provided through 43 holes to come around the coil before coming up through the drip tip. This system provides superior flavor production.

1674422939031.png

1674422956084.png

1674422975896.png

QP0LAam.jpg

The inside of the chamber has two tabs that are used to lock in and adjust the airflow on the Solo. There is a positive stop when fully open or closed. This works in conjunction with the design of the shape of the deck. The two raised edges of the deck align with the slots in the inside of the chamber.

1674423077089.png

1674423097061.png

As I mentioned earlier, the deck has 43 airflow holes to provide a 315 degree surrounding airflow. It is being called the “Victory” build deck. The outer chamber is sealed once placed onto the deck with two o rings keeping any leaking from happening.

SuhpWnV.jpg

I like when an rda or rta has a coil cutting guide tool included. They usually have an arrow marked on the side to let you know the right length to cut the coil legs. It was a good thing that this one had that because I very likely would have cut the legs too short on my first attempt. The cutting guide did have the 8mm slot marked so I went ahead and cut them to that length despite thinking to myself that it seemed too long. Well it wasn’t and was actually a perfect fit.

The deck screws have an allen type head and there is an allen wrench included for them as well as a second allen wrench that can be used to switch out the standard 510 center pin for the bottom feed pin. There are four coil openings and screws so you can insert a coil no matter which way it is wound.

I used one of the included three core Clapton coils and once the coil was inserted then I did a burn in to make sure it was heating evenly. After the coil is burned in then it can be wicked once the coil is cool enough. On this one you need to cut the wick quite long because it has a deep juice well that holds 2ml of liquid.

1674423237881.png
    LyOM8Er.jpg

B2UiuHh.jpg

XKeaJfL.jpg

CHImTfQ.jpg

I don’t really know why it was done like this but think it’s interesting how the liquid comes in high through the top and then angles down to the side slot. When using the bottom feed pin then it works much like you would think and flows over to the side slot.

gueXFmG.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

When I see Mike Vapes name on a tank or rda then I expect a certain level of quality. This isn’t his first collaboration with THC and I have previously reviewed the Blaze RTA which was a dual coil rta. I was not disappointed with the Blaze Solo.

The 315 degree airflow produced very good flavor. I was able to run one of the included coils at 40 watts with the airflow at about 1/3 open and got a very dense and flavorful vapor. The 2ml liquid capacity allows the user to drip or squonk less often despite which type of operation you prefer.

Due to the surrounding deck design it is slightly tricky to get the coil installed but with the coil legs cut to 8mm it makes it a little easier. I found that it wasn’t bad if I got one leg in first and then inserted the second leg instead of trying to insert both at once. With the deeper juice well you do want to cut the wick rather long in order to reach to the bottom of the well.

If you decide to order one of these then you may want to pay attention to which one you order since some have outer chambers made of aluminum instead of stainless steel. I personally prefer stainless steel for tanks and rdas. There is also a glass chamber available for purchase separately if you like things like that.

I think it’s pretty obvious that I would definitely recommend this rda for you. It’s another well-made rda by THC and Mike Vapes. I would like to thank Sourcemore and Kavis for sending the Blaze Solo RDA for this review. Thanks again to the readers that take the time to read my reviews. Below is a link to the website if you’d like to get one for yourself.

Thunderhead Creations Blaze Solo RDA 24mm 2ml (sourcemore.com)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review hitt. I think i like the air flow. Could this rda beat dual coil rda? I have had an rda and tauren max and i love both, but i want another. Its between this,dr v3, and mongrell
    This is a great single coil but it’s really hard to beat the DR V3 with dual coils. The dual coils give a more dense flavor.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review man, looks very good !
    Personal i prefer single coils attys !
    I tend to prefer single coil also but if you’re chasing thick flavorful vapor then it’s hard to beat dual coil rdas like the Dead Rabbit V3 rda. I will be getting the new Meson Rta in a couple weeks for review and it’s supposed to be a real flavorful rta with single coil.

Ketut adi Martha yoga

Jan 4, 2022
    This is a great single coil but it’s really hard to beat the DR V3 with dual coils. The dual coils give a more dense flavor.
    Tx u.i just bought dr v3.i like it but my an rda still the best.tauren max at 2nd place. But its still very good rda.its just an rda is a fantastic rda.still looking for asgard mini. I cant find it in my country.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Tx u.i just bought dr v3.i like it but my an rda still the best.tauren max at 2nd place. But its still very good rda.its just an rda is a fantastic rda.still looking for asgard mini. I cant find it in my country.
    I am not familiar with the Asgard.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Have tried posting a "wanted" ad here on ecf?

Users who are viewing this thread