The 20 Flavor June Co-op Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Figgered I'd start a new thread for this'n.

Yes, I just got my package, and yes, I rushed right home to start tasting. I take my taste tests slow tho, so I've only tried the flav I was most dyin to try...

Geoff's Blend.

Very tasty.

On a side note (I know, already? I'm sorry, you should skip my reviews if reading lotsofwords is troublesome for you), I am always amazed by how great the flavor/mouthfeel/lung-fullness is with TV flavors even at 0 nic. For mouthfeel, yes, it needs a little spiciness or mintiness, but most brands of e-liquid are like vaping plain air to me at 0 nic, regardless of what flavor. Geoff's Blend falls into that happy category of flavors that are delicious and satisfying for me even in doubler form.

Back to the review. It has that pleasant, juicy initial sweetness we know and love from Atomic, but it doesn't vape like candy--it's not syrupy sweet. It reminds me a little of Almond Horn--a tingly baked pastry taste. It's spiced but not overly so, and it's very smooth. I don't taste 'buttered rum' per se but there's something in the background there pulling it all together and making it work. A hint of creaminess on the exhale, maybe banana-y? This is a blend, but it doesn't work like a 'mix' of flavors--it's definitely its very own thing. And it has everything--sweetness, spice, complexity, creaminess, juiciness... a winner. If I had room in my TV lineup for another flavorite this would be in the running. Well, I might have room for just a small bottle...

ricky59

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
North Carolina
Well I thought I was first. I posted in the original thread cause I didn't see this one. You definitely hit it on the head. I'm surprised how satisfying this vape is at 0 nic. I have tried bananas foster and it was lovely. I went right to butter rum and I don't have a lot of spare atomizers, so I guess I got butter banana rum. Was still very nice. I'm trying to get the nasty primer taste out of a new atomizer to try key lime next.

Vaporing Queen, Geoff should give you a commission on all the sales he is going to get from us after we try all these great juices.

*Update. I did blow the primer out as hard as I could, but it took a few drip/puff/drip again/ puff a few more times to clear out the taste.

Just to let you know. I wanted key lime pie so badly, but I'm not impressed so far. I'll let it sit a while. But, caramel popcorn just BLEW MY MIND! That is absolutely bloody gorgeous!!!

Last edited:

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
Well I thought I was first. I posted in the original thread cause I didn't see this one. You definitely hit it on the head. I'm surprised how satisfying this vape is at 0 nic. I have tried bananas foster and it was lovely. I went right to butter rum and I don't have a lot of spare atomizers, so I guess I got butter banana rum. Was still very nice. I'm trying to get the nasty primer taste out of a new atomizer to try key lime next.

Vaporing Queen, Geoff should give you a commission on all the sales he is going to get from us after we try all these great juices.

Blow the primer out of your atomizer. The last batch of atomizers that I received had instructions to blow the primer out. It worked like a charm. I had no nasty taste at all. JUST BLOW HARD, LOL.

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Should we actually wait a week to review them so they have time to age or is this just a first impression opinion review?

I've had some Banana Foster, German Chocolate Cake and Cafe Mocha doublers for a week. Please bear in mind that eveyone's taste is different and these are just my opinions.

They are all good but seem to need some of the flavors kicked up a bit to taste better. This said while bearing in mind that they may age over time to be great. I'll throw a little DIY at them in small amounts like 3ml and add additonal amounts of flavors of the same kind eg. choc for choc, that I think will bring them up to what I like. At the same time I will be comparing some of Perfumer's Apprentice flavors with Flavorart flavors that I ordered yesterday. I bought them specifically for the doublers anyway just to see.

To me the Banana Foster lacks quite a bit on the Banana, again, unless it's going to get stronger. Perfumer's Apprentice now has the flavor Ripe Banana that I have on order so I'll try some of that in it. Flavorart Banana is also on order.

Although the The German Choc Cake doubler isn't part of the co-op I'll speak to it too if you don't mind. It's very strong on the coconut side. I was looking for a more choc taste and an underlying coconut flavor but it's the other way around on this. I have some PA choc and Flavorart chocloate coming.

Cafe Mocha is good with the emphisis on the coffee as it should be. I'd like it a little more chocolaty and sweet but that's just me.

:)

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC

*Update. I did blow the primer out as hard as I could, but it took a few drip/puff/drip again/ puff a few more times to clear out the taste.

Just to let you know. I wanted key lime pie so badly, but I'm not impressed so far. I'll let it sit a while. But, caramel popcorn just BLEW MY MIND! That is absolutely bloody gorgeous!!!

Try this :)

This sucker puts some serious high pressure water through it. I use a peice of 3/8 ID x 1/2 OD hose from the hardware store clamped onto the end of the injector with a small hose clamp. I don't use the needle, not necessary.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...lavor+injector&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Last edited:

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
With all do respect PLEASE leave your reviews for anything that is mixed with these doublers in their prospective sub-forum. This thread is for TV Doubler reviews only. Thank you

They are all good but seem to need some of the flavors kicked up a bit to taste better. This said while bearing in mind that they may age over time to be great. I'll throw a little DIY at them in small amounts like 3ml and add additonal amounts of flavors of the same kind eg. choc for choc, that I think will bring them up to what I like. At the same time I will be comparing some of Perfumer's Apprentice flavors with Flavorart flavors that I ordered yesterday. I bought them specifically for the doublers anyway just to see.

:)

Last edited:

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Yeah, it's a little... discourteous... to review other supplier's products in a supplier subforum anyways.

Geoff's blend is very nice at 0 nic. It's a little too wow-y for me for an all day vape but as mentioned these are first impressions.

Oops, I forgot that TV sells Lorann product. My bad! Well, get that then to use. It's all good I've heard, just to personal preference I suppose. I've been meaning to get some myself on my next order. Didn't mean to offend. Sorry :blush:

Ast_Isis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I received my package today and would like to say Thank You to VaporQueen for putting this together.

So far I have only tried 3 flavors but thought I would post a review.

1. Caramel Popcorn: Tastes like caramel popcorn but vaping it is a tad freaky. It is a totally unusual experience to be inhaling this without the crunching between ones teeth. :blush: I can taste the popcorn flavor but the caramel is rather weak. I am going to let this one sit for a few days before revisiting.
  2. Pistachio Ice Cream: If you like pistachio's then you will probably like this one. I can taste the creaminess and the pistachios. This is not a favorite of mine since I do not like pistachios but I will be visiting my sister next week. She is a vaper and loves pistachios so I will get her opinion of this flavor.
  3. Strawberry Cheesecake: What I want to know is how the heck TV makes a strawberry flavor that does not have a perfume undertone?! I DIY and my fruit flavors generally have not been very successful despite multiple attempts and tweaks. I get a hint of the cheesecake but believe this is another flavor that needs to sit a week before revisiting. I like it but know that from my own DIY experience that the flavors need to meld/mellow.

ironslave

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2010
Omaha
Well, my package was happily sitting in my mailbox today and let me say I was beside myself when I choose my first flavor. Anyway here my initial review for day 1

1st was ATOMIC CINNACIDE. 1st impression was red hots... but it seemed to have a strange underlying flavor I do not like. it does have a long lasting aftertaste I will let it sit for a 2nd rotation.

next was CARAMEL POPCORN. it tastes like popcorn with a slight hint of caramel. no true after taste. good vapor production. it was interesting to try, but not an everyday vape.

last one of the day was APPLE PIE!. this baby packed a great flavor that was nice and smooth with a mellow feel. it tastes like the apple pie you get a McDonalds.

I know my reviews are short but meh... i try

SalientOrange

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Texas
I tried all 20 flavors over a period of several hours yesterday. I am working on a full review, but at this time I want to make a few general observations.

As I had never used 0nic juice before (I have settled in around 12mg), I did not know what to expect concerning throat hit and mouth feel (Vaping a 510 basic setup). What I discovered through my tasting session yesterday is that I don't get much of either from these 0nic juices.

Strength of flavor was fine, and I'm sure these juices will continue to develop as they age. The important thing to me is that I was able to taste the flavors, and categorize them into 3 groups.

1. Will Definitely Order Again
2. Undecided/Further Testing Required
3. Will Definitely Not Order Again

I look forward to fleshing out my opinions and posting full reviews in the coming days.

Last edited:

lairkeeper

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2010
Upstate, South Carolina
I got mine today and I'm going to take the testing and reviewing slow. Several of the flavors I have had before but I will retest and use before reviewing for the purposes of this thread.

I've recently went to 0nic vaping as a whole, so doublers will be my only vapes from here forward. Thanks to VaporingQueen I'm able to try many that I've been curious about in the past without spending a ton of cash. And thanks to Geoff and his decision to carry the 2oz doublers, I'll be able to add several new favs to my line up.

Today I decided to try Almond Horn. I've been wondering about it since it became a premium flavor. I owe Belle a thanks for getting Geoff to work on this flavor. And Geoff deserves a hearty round of applause for pulling this one off. It's not too light on flavor and not heavy enough to be overwhelming. I can taste both the Almond and the "cookie" flavor in this one. I'm still trying to figure out how Geoff gets a "cookie crumb, pastry flakey taste" into the liquid. I keep thinking I need to move the crumbs around in my mouth....Insane! Nice balance between sweet and spice. I generally go for either minty/menthol or tart vapes, but Almond Horn will be a must have once the 2oz doublers are available.

I've saw Belle post about mixing some other flavors with Almond Horn. I'm hoping to see more of those suggestions because I'll have this one around for mixing for a long time.

Last edited:

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
MacDiver, no prob, I tweak my juices too, and I <3 TPA. Hard to remember sometimes on this huge forum when we're actually on a suppliers personal turf. :D

NOTE: It is not my intention to derail this thread, so if you would like to comment on it via PM (or flame me), that will be fine.

lolwut? :laugh:

(I didn't wanna waste a PM just on that, ;) )

SalientOrange

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Texas
lolwut? :laugh:

(I didn't wanna waste a PM just on that, ;) )

I regularly visit a few tech forums in which gangs of snarky codgers live to keep threads on topic. As I wasn't posting an actual review, in a review thread, I dreamed that one of the old crazies would hunt me down and reprimand me.

In short Belletrist, I forgot where I was for a moment.:blush:

:toast:

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
I regularly visit a few tech forums in which gangs of snarky codgers live to keep threads on topic. As I wasn't posting an actual review, in a review thread, I dreamed that one of the old crazies would hunt me down and reprimand me.

In short Belletrist, I forgot where I was for a moment.:blush:

:toast:

:laugh: Okay, I see. I reread the whole thread a couple times to see what had happened and there was nothin so I had to ask (or lol, or whatever).

Okay, *I'll* stop derailing the thread now, for now! Back to the reviews! ;)

ricky59

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
North Carolina
Try this :)

This sucker puts some serious high pressure water through it. I use a peice of 3/8 ID x 1/2 OD hose from the hardware store clamped onto the end of the injector with a small hose clamp. I don't use the needle, not necessary.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...lavor+injector&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Thank you for that link. That looks like a must have for this little experiment. The TV flavors are so strong (in a good way) that going from one to the other is going to require some serious atty cleaning.

I only have one so far that I really don't like. Root beer float was just dreadful, but I'm going to wait for it to age a few weeks and try it with a clean atty and give it another chance. So far the others I have tried have either been incredibly good, or at worst, just a little light on flavor so it was subtle enough to not wow me, but not bad either.

Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
5bxzwl.jpg

Does that not make you want to drool?!

So far I'm on tobacco, I've had little cravings, nothing overwhelming though. Have to say this is smoooooth. Really liking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread