Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I get the burnt taste as well. Only seems to happen when the cart is on the dry side of things. With the way the 510 produces vapor it's obviously using the juice. I've found that every time I check the cart after the first drag that seems significantly weaker, it isn't as moist as it should be. Top off and no burnt taste.

My boy sez time to go to the store, so... gonna top off my PV and head out

Later

Menolly

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Austin, TX
I think it might be the thread from the filler I push them back and no burnt:confused: Have a good day!
I've found that leaving a divot in the top of my 510 carts allows the atomizer to contact the fluid and vape just fine- with fewer fibers getting stuck to the atomizer.

Before I started doing this, sometimes I'd take the cart off and there would be so much filler stuck to the atomizer that the whole core would be pulled out!

dogsteve

Apr 3, 2009
VA
I'm seriously considering buying one of these. The manual battery really appeals to me. Does anyone sell a starter set with 2 manual batteries, instead of one manual and one auto?
Jason sells them at electronicstix. com.
You get two manual batts and two atomizers for 49.95!
My shipment arrived from Utah to VA in two days.
GREAT customer service!

Russ_and_Mia2112

Apr 10, 2009
NoVA
Thanks. He seems to be out of stock at the moment so I'll check back with him later.

He had them this morning...He sent me an email letting me know some additions to his site, and he actually had some sets of 510's (I think he calls it the Yeti?) with led's....That is something I've yet to see, and I guess they just came out...Manual 510 batts with the led's.

Personally, I like the non led's because they seem to be a little more low-key and don't draw as much attention..

Janty also has the 510's...It's called the Janty Dura-C...Thats actually the first one I bought, and it ships with two batts, one Janty 510 Attomizer and one generic 510 Attomizer.

I've received nothing but great service from both Janty and Jason/ElectroNicStix, so I'd recommend either one. Janty has seens it's fair share of complaints on their sub-forums, but personally, they've been great..ElectroNicStix has nothing but great compliments on his sub-forums, and his prices are just a tad better - but the Janty has a little bit of a better warranty, I believe.

Overall, I have to say that I made the right decision with my first purchase being the 510. I almost got a 901 from PS, but they were constatly out of stock, so I ordered the Dura-C from Janty and it is great..Almost two weeks now and the batts still hold a good charge, both attomizers are still working great, the carts last quite a while when filled with either your own juice or pre-filled and it packs a sweet throat hit.

< just checked ElectroNicStix, and yeah, looks like he is all out of the yeti/510's...damn that was quick!>

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I'm seriously considering buying one of these. The manual battery really appeals to me. Does anyone sell a starter set with 2 manual batteries, instead of one manual and one auto?

Hey Skad.
Widows Bead Works also has a starter set as you describe for $50, but alas she is out at this time. I'll be getting 2 of the sets when she gets them in, hopefully end of next week, as well as atomizers.

Reason I'm waiting for her is the Widow ships FREE!

Widows Bead Work - E-cigarette Store

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran

Menolly

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Austin, TX
TheSmokeSafe.com - The #1 Source For E-Cigs, Parts, Accessories and Supplies! has them in black right now for a very nice price! You can use coupon code smksfe5 for 5% off.

Right now it looks as if they're out of stock on black atomizers, but they have the kits on sale at $50 (Same as Widow's). Throw a few more items in the cart, because you get free shipping at $65, and it's totally worth it to get extra parts or liquid for ~$65 as opposed to $59 shipped for just the kit.

(at the $65 mark, the 5% off is about equal to a pack of blank carts...never bad to have)

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
Right now it looks as if they're out of stock on black atomizers,

Whoops, they were in stock about a half hour ago... that's how these things go (I only ordered one extra atomzier, but it let me put two in my cart at the time). I really like the postage rates at thesmokesafe, the fairest I've seen anywhere I think (other than free from Widow I guess...)

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com

Well, Jason from Electronicstix.com has them in stock.

2 atomizers, 2 batts, both manual with led even.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
Well, Jason from Electronicstix.com has them in stock.

2 atomizers, 2 batts, both manual with led even.

Ok, this gives me the chance to repeat this post I made in another thread, please excuse me while i flip out...

I don't understand why I keep hearing recently about manual batteries coming out with LED's... you REALLY don't need it. You push the button, it works. You push the button and it doesn't work, you recharge the battery. That is the great thing about the manual switch! No trying to see your LED to see if something is happening while you draw, it just works! Plus no LED is much better for stealth mode...

rsngfrce-albums-pix-picture872-leds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread