The Aegis Mini By Geekvape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
The AEGIS MINI By GeekVape

Before I get started I only do Honest Unbiased reviews. I refuse to let a company sway my review by offering free product. If anyone has any questions about the Mini after reading this please feel free to PM me. I will answer them to the best of my ability. So with that in mind lets get started.

GeekVape really hit it out of the ball park with the Aegis Mini. I mean they Grand Slammed it out of the Ball Park. Not only is the Mini the lightest Kit I have ever had in my hands but to be as small and light as it is, it is a power house, At 40 Watts I am producing clouds with the Mini and Cerberus tank like I do using the Aegis 200W Legend at 70 watts with one of my Freemax Mesh Pro tanks..

Unboxing The Aegis Mini:
IMG_20181106_133502.jpg IMG_20181106_133531.jpg IMG_20181106_133804.jpg

The Aegis Mini Kit is very well packaged. The Kit includes:

1). Aegis Mini Mod

2). Cerberus Tank (with pre-installed Super Mesh x2 coil 0.03 ohm, Bubble Glass 5.5ml)

3). 1 Spare Regular Glass (4.0ml)

4). 1 Super Mesh x2 coil (0.03ohm)

5). 1 USB Charge Cable

6). 1 Manual, Warrantee Card

7). Spare O Rings

The Mini is powered by the advanced AS-80 chipset which in my mind is much better than the Gene FIT Chip.

The Mini does have a built in Battery. Don’t let this fool you.. Trust me on this.

The Power range is from 5W-80W which is more than enough.

The Cerberus Tank:
IMG_20181106_134412.jpg IMG_20181106_134125.jpg IMG_20181106_134334.jpg

Lets start with the Cerberus Tank. Tank breaks down into 5 pieces. Coil Base, Glass, 2 tops that separate (Top Fill Chimney and Top Cap) and Drip Tip. I love tanks with removable Drip Tips. Makes cleaning so much easier. Same basics of all the other Sub ohm tanks. Screw the coil into the base firmly, Prime the coil, place the Glass Tube on to the base, screw the top into the top of the coil (carefully not cross thread). Using a counter turn on the Top Cap remove the Top Cap piece and you will see 2 fill slots in the Top Fill Chimney. Fill the tank and replace the Top Cap. Place onto the Mini using the 510 screw. YES!!!! The Tank sits flush on the 510 plate. The Super Mesh x2 Coil is rated for 30-45 Watts but best between 30-40.

I have ran this tank hard at 40 Watts for 3 days strong and this coil is STILL producing awesome flavor and huge clouds. I was blown away at not only the taste ( I use Grape Drank by Ruthless and you can actually taste Grape) but the Clouds. And at 40 Watts.

Aegis Mini Mod:
IMG_20181106_133816.jpg IMG_20181106_133844.jpg IMG_20181106_133931.jpg IMG_20181107_191159.jpg

I have to admit. When I opened the box and saw how little this Mod is I laughed out loud and thought to myself “Awwww Look how little this thing is.” Then I thought “People are going to make fun of me with this.” Boy talk about the old saying “Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover”.. I took the Mini out of the box and thought they had forgot to put the battery inside due to this thing being so light. Just like it’s big Brother the Aegis 200W Legend it has that Otter Box feel for no slip.

OPERATION: This Mini is sooooo easy to operate: 5 rapid presses on the fire button to turn it on and off. 3 rapid presses on the fire button to go through the Modes. The Modes are Power, NI, SS, TI, TCR, VPC and BY. The Aegis Mini Mod is very easy to use. The Display is bright but not blinding like most which is a plus for those of use with sensitive eyes. When charging it has a battery display that will show you the charging process.

Day 1 and 2:

I put the Aegis Mini and Cerberus tank through their paces. On day 1 I received the kit at 9:00 AM and had it all put together and using it by 9:30 AM. When I saw how good this was going to work I put my other Mods to bed in their homemade Cabinet. As I said this came to me fully charged. Battery lasted until 3:30 PM. When I looked and saw that it was down to about a quarter of a charge I decided to shut it down, put it on charge and get out the Aegis 200W Legend. I kinda figured that the Mini would take 2-3 hrs to recharge. About 45 minutes after starting the charge I checked the status. It didn’t show that it was charging any more. I pressed the fire button and the display showed a full charge. I thought “No Way.” I unplugged the cable and turned the Mini back on. Sure enough it showed a full battery. I put the Legend up and Vaped on the Mini from 4:00pm till about 10:30pm that night. I shut it down, put it on charge and went to bed. The next day I ran it through the same paces as the day before and still this thing would not give up. This little Mod kept up for about 5.5 hrs and was recharged and ready to go in 45 mins. For another 5.5/6 hours.

The Executive Administrator Test:

I am the Accounts Manager for a Security Company where I live. Even though I work from home most of the time I am out in the field for Inspections, Meetings, Interviews, Terminations, Suspensions, etc, etc, etc. My day usually begins at 7:00am and ends when it ends. Sometimes not until Midnight… Today was one of those Days In The Field with 3 Business Meetings, and a 9 building spot inspection. I was on my way out the door and grabbed the Legend. I looked at the fully charged Mini and thought “Why Not”… I grabbed the Mini, turned it on and off I went. Im glad I took the Legend with me. Not because the Mini’s battery went down but because I needed the tank on it. I got home about 3:30pm and the Cerberus was empty but the Mini was still going head strong.

I showed 7 of my employees the Mini, including 2 of my Managers under my employ. They kind of chuckled and asked what I had. I showed them the kit and I demonstrated it. They were blown away. I even let 4 of them try it. Those 4, while I was standing there, went to the GeekVape’s website and bought the kit.

PROS and CONS:

So lets get to this. This kit has so many Pros and from what I can tell very few Cons:

PROS:

Very Light Weight, Feels comfortable in the hand, easily pocketable, very much the performer, works very well with other tanks, small in size, Otter Box Non Slip Feel, Battery last 5.5-6 hrs (Now this will be based on the user. I am a heavy Vaper and it lasted me 5.5-6hrs) and recharges in 45 mins. Comes with the Cerberus tank which, with the Super Mesh x2 Coil, produces awesome taste and huge clouds and you don’t have to run 90 Watts or higher to achieve this.

CONS:

I have found only 1 con with this entire kit. The Internal Battery. Im not a big fan of Internal Batteries HOWEVER, this has very much impressed me and has me rethinking the Internal Battery Concept.

WOULD I SUGGEST THIS TO OTHERS?

ABSOLUTELY. I already have. 4 went to GeekVape’s website and made purchases today and 3 others will be doing so on Friday…

Awesome Job GeekVape. Again you hit this one completely out of the Ball Park.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread