The age of dual-atty mods is upon us; the outlook is somewhat cloudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I was browsing 3FVape this evening and was rather surprised to see this.. thing:

The appropriately named Hell's Gate - dual 18650 batteries, two 510s, two provided RBAs, a button to fire them both into a single mouthpiece via a funnel. Naturally!

Users are advised not to use this near airports so as to avoid disruption to low flying aircraft.

It was inevitable, I suppose - the need for more and bigger and greater would always lead to this. Still, this clearly must be a one-off.

Oh, no, just days apart, there's also this..

The appropriately named "Chain Smoker". Rather a more literal definition of "chain" than usual, perhaps. And a nice walnut finish: you may be blowing clouds to rival volcanoes, but there's no reason you can't also be stylish!

Actually, though I have absolutely no interest in firing two attys at once in my own personal fog machine, I would actually buy a device like this if it had just one small change. I want there to be two buttons, one per 510, so that I can fire either 510 independently. Or I suppose three buttons, so it can serve both purposes - fire both together, or either individually.

That could be rather useful, I feel: have two tanks with different liquids - perhaps two variants of the same DIY mix - on the same convenient device, for quick back and forth testing, or just so you can carry a choice of flavours in one compact package!

I'm sure it'll come soon :)

Last edited:

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
Looks familiar....

epxy_5min.png

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I just don't like the fact that no one has fully explained the internal design of these mods and I don't know what I am building for. Is it two separate circuits (one battery for each) with a single switch? Or is it one dual battery circuit? Considering the top-cap design of the second picture (the metal does not touch from side to side), I am lead to believe that it is two separate single-battery circuits with one switch to control both. So I can't safely build as low as I would for a dual parallel battery setup. And the airflow that is needed to be perfect for such a build would be too much if it was doubled with a second identically build atomizer.

TLDR: it looks cool, but it can't possibly work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread