***The All-New Versus 510, Totem 302, and Stasis 901 Customer Reviews***

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Please feel free to post your Versus 510, Totem 302 and Stasis 901 reviews in this thread :)

I'd also ask you use this scale in your review, though it is not in any way mandatory.

If possible, please hold all below categories under a scale from 0 to 5.

- Feel (Comfort in hand, does it draw well? Does it fulfill your expectations in relation to the feel of an analog?)
- Design (Color, appearance, aesthetics. Is it what you expected? Better? Worse?
- Integrity (Is it consistent? Is it durable? How is the battery charge?)
- Vapor Prodution (Size of vapor plumes, thickness of vapor)
- Throat hit (Comparable to other 510/302/901 models? Better? Worse? Lung inhale versus mouth inhale.)

Let me know what you folks think! This way potential Versus 510, Totem 302 and Stasis 901 users know what to expect.

I appreciate your honesty and you will never, ever be censored on any of our subforums!

Thanks!
Eric
E Cigarette, E-Liquid, Smoking vaporizer, Janty - Vapor Station

Last edited:

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Wow, am I the first one to reply to this? That surprises me.

Feel ~ 5~ it feels alright in my hand and it's not so heavy that I can't easily hold it in between my teeth with a 901 cart whil I'm Posting on ECF. I never wanted an ecig to resemble a real one so that was not a factor for me.

- Design ~ 5 ~ I got the copper Versus. The only reason I bought it was for the color and the way it looked in the picture and the fact that is was a 510. It looks even better in real life than the pictures. I think the hubby is going to want one before to long. He's been hinting.

- Integrity ~ 5 ~ Actually, the battery life on the Versus Copper 510 is better than the Joye. At least it is in my case and I'm a heavy vapor. I vape from the time I wake up until I go to sleep and the batteries are just great. I seem to be getting around 3 hours a piece on them which anyone with a 510 knows is great. The atty has been great also. No break in period which was nice.

- Vapor Production ~ 5 ~ Once again, the Versus is great in the vapor dept. I have no complaints with the amount at all except that at first it was too much. But I quickly learned to control that. For what it's worth, I only drip with my 510's.

- Throat hit ~ 5 ~ Actually, for me, throat hit is not a big factor but the Versus does provide sufficient throat hit. My husband and son both coughed when they tried it,lol

All in all I am very happy with mine. Price was a little more than I would have liked but I don't regret it at all and knowing what I do now I won't hesitate to get my husband and son one if they decide they want it.

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
5 - Feel - Easy Draw, not very heavy so IMO it compares closest to a real cigarette
5 - Design - Awesome color, just had to have one of my own! Lots of comments from 2 smokers that since seeing my e-cigs have converted! They really liked the looks of the Versus 510 Copper!
5 - Integrity - So far, very consistent as far as battery usage, last me about 3 hours (I rotate between the manual batteries, put the automatic away for the future)
5 - Vapor Prodution - Plenty of Vapor, very consistent (almost choked myself with some VG juice, way too much vapor)
5 - Throat hit - Very much comparable to the other 510s. Seems to be very consistent as to throat hit.

boxhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Chico, california
as a SD user with a 901 and my new 801 with ledesignd adapter, this is a good machine.
5 - feel - like a unpacked analog, the draw is...nice
5 - design, very classy, more than a steel 901...
4 - integrity, since i use th SD, i BELIVE i have not broken in the batterys, in that i have used them enough to get to max potential of the batterys, will work on that and change my scale number.
5 - vapor production, WOW.
5 - throat hit, lung hit, brain hit, yes i had to go with a lower nic level with my e-liquid, used some 11mg tobacco from TW since the flavor was so light it lets other flavor come thru.

i ordered more of eric`s liquid because i really liked it.

stoop411

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Tallahassee, Florida
Hello all, I am new to Vaping. Got my first one a little over a week ago (njoy npro) and have not had a tobacco cig since. Been smoking a pack a day for over 21 years. I have been online doing a lot of research and was very interested in the 510 model. Was a little nervous about buying one online, just not sure who was legit and who was not. Has everyone been happy with Vapor Station customer support/products. Also does everyone think I made the right decision going with the 510 model? Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerly,
Alan C.

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Hello all, I am new to Vaping. Got my first one a little over a week ago (njoy npro) and have not had a tobacco cig since. Been smoking a pack a day for over 21 years. I have been online doing a lot of research and was very interested in the 510 model. Was a little nervous about buying one online, just not sure who was legit and who was not. Has everyone been happy with Vapor Station customer support/products. Also does everyone think I made the right decision going with the 510 model? Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerly,
Alan C.

I can honestly say that the customer support and the VS Copper(510) I purchased are top notch. You will probably want to order a PCC and some e-liquid as well.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Scottbee, the Versus 510 on the USA website (E Cigarette, E-Liquid, Smoking vaporizer, Janty - Vapor Station, E Cigarette, E-Liquid, Smoking vaporizer, Janty - Vapor Station) is manufactured by Joyetech, the originator of the Joye510. So no, there is no difference in the hardware but that some have told me it does create larger plumes of vapor, though that might simply be that they were using our Vapor Station brand e-liquid, VS Vapor.

The Versus 510 on the UK website (website not yet disclosed) is manufactured by Bogetech, a very well done replica of the Joye510. We must sell Bogetech manufactured 510s to the UK because TECC has an exclusive contract over the Joyetech manufactured 510 in all of the United Kingdom. The Boge510 is just as good as the Joye510, only a different manufacturing plant.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by eric

McWhat

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2009
Tucson
***EDIT*** Eric has added the option to choose your battery combination, I would've scored my review higher had this been available to me. Weighing the importance of this to me, I would've gone with a 3.5 in Design, maybe a 4, and a 5 in Value. This isn't the cheapest starter kit, but after adding in shipping, and the aftermarket cost of a spare battery this is a great value kit.

Mine finally arrived in the mail yesterday.

5 - Feel: It feels just like a 510. Comparing to an analog is a bit pointless, they're heavier and have a different weight distribution. I have become adept at holding mine in mouth comfortably and it can usually be found there even when the battery is dead.

3 - Design: I have the Copper/Blacklight combo. The copper is lovely. The LED is purple. I'm ok with the purple LED, I was going to buy a copper/purple 510 before I discovered VS. I had never heard of blacklight LEDs before this, and was actually expecting purple. After charging it, I passed the manual battery over various items to see how they reacted, and they all reflected purple. As a final test I stood in a dark bathroom and checked how teeth, nails, and eyes responded. Purple. I scored the Versus a three/average because while it is a good looking e-cig, it wasn't as advertised. It is exactly like any other copper/purple 510, except the atomizer has a black band around it that says "Versus". I'm not sure why one of the batteries has no led, while I think it detracts from the appearance there may be some people who want a "discreet" vape. I suppose if I'm ever trying to avoid sniper fire I'll remember back to this and think "I should really go back and score that higher."

4 1/2 - Integrity: Battery charge and performance are exactly the same as any other 510 I've tried. While I can kill battery fairly quickly, I can't kill it faster than one can charge. Build quality is good. I dropped mine twice today in the parking lot at work changing carts. Not a scratch, works fine. My previous experiences with autos have been less than pleasant. The auto battery that came with the Versus kit is good. A little sensitive, but not overly bad. I can't really hold the Versus in my mouth with the auto bat, because it will flicker on and off. I can set it down on my desk, roll it around, twirl it in my fingers and it never trips. As such I can walk around it with it in my pocket and feel confident that the battery will still have a charge when i need it. If it has a cutoff, it's longer than I need it to be. I scorched my throat earlier trying to outvape it.

Vapor Production & Throat Hit are comparable to other 510s. My girlfriend and two other friends also hit from it, mostly to try last night's mixture, and they agree. Just like their 510s. If this were a unique/new model I would score this on the scale, since there's at least five posts a day, multiple stickies, and video reviews about the 510s soon to be legendary vapor production and throat hit, I will just say "It passed."

4 - Value: Not sure why this isn't a category. The price/value on this kit is pretty good. It's not the cheapest, but it's not the most expensive either. Looking around at other starter kits, the shipped price is fairly close to the median. You also get 3 batteries, and a nice, little, velvet pouch. The pouch could easily hold all the contents of the kit. I just carry one cig and spare carts. I don't wants the bats banging into each other and ruining the finish.

Overall I'd say this product is a solid 4. As Eric gets settled into his new home shipping should go faster.

My only complaint would be, I ordered on 10/07, the product shipped 10/13. I received the exact items listed on the website. I have received no "bonus", as mentioned here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vaporstation/40705-shipping-next-21-days.html I know they use the metric system over there, so I suppose I could be looking at the calender wrong. :)

Last edited:

thunderhead777

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I was hoping to make a review here but I'm still waiting impatiently for the US Postal Service to bother to get it into my mailbox.

It's amazing that you pay $3.75 for tracking/confirmation but get no tracking at all once the US Postal Service gets their hands on it. Their hands would fall clean off their wrists if they lifted the scan gun to scan the thing so I know where it is and why it's taking so long. At least the UK's postal service did their part.

Maybe tomorrow....

McWhat

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2009
Tucson
McWhat, the blacklight doesn't show true because of the LED cap. If you were to pop the LED cap off and reflect it, you'll see it is blacklight and not violet. And the free gift is 2x complimentary 5mL bottles on your next order.

I'll take your word for it. Picking at the end cap it seems solidly attached to the battery. While it may be blacklight under the cap, I doubt anyone is going to risk damaging their equipment by removing, and walking around with the cap off.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'll take your word for it. Picking at the end cap it seems solidly attached to the battery. While it may be blacklight under the cap, I doubt anyone is going to risk damaging their equipment by removing, and walking around with the cap off.

The cap snaps back into place.

McWhat

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2009
Tucson
The cap snaps back into place.

It really boils down to I'm not going to take the cap off. I don't want to risk damaging my equipment. Even if I were to remove the cap, I wouldn't walk around all day with the cap off, further risking damage to my equipment. Therefore I will be walking around with effectively the same color combination as someone who ordered from Rocky Mountain Vapor. I'm using them as an example for a reason. Using the scale you provided I still scored a "3", which is average. I realize you were probably taught in business class that an average review equates to a detractor. I then added my own category, which was labeled "value". Your kit normally costs more shipped than a similar kit from RMV. Shipping came to $55 for your kit, and $46 from RMV. That's a $9 difference. Yours comes with three batteries, one auto, the RMV kit has two. An auto bat from RMV, that only comes in white or black, is $11. A third manual bat that would come in copper/purple, is $12. Even not counting the nice little velvet pouch, that equals savings. Thus you scored high on my perceived value. Someone looking for a reason to buy your product instead of the same product from a different store should not be looking at your blacklight LEDs. They'll be disappointed. They should instead be looking at getting a more complete kit, one that provides more battery life and convenience on the go. Just today a friend of mine was smoking an "analog" because she'd forgotten to put her other battery on the charger. She's now thinking about a third battery, so she'll pay for a battery and shipping. Or she'll buy a USB pass through, she hasn't decided yet which gives her more battery life at a better value. Her TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) is now rising dramatically, mine isn't. My bigger complaint is the battery without the LED. When it dies I have to check the cart to see if the battery is dead, or I need more juice. I also don't have the cool LED on the end.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just my 2 cents, but it is called a "starter kit" for a reason. You get 1 of each battery available in Eric's kit,so you can see what kind you prefer.Most suppliers are going to just the manual,you don't get a choice. From my kit(s) I've decided that I really like the auto's for regular use. I need the manuals because I like live music & it sets the auto's off,so does lawn equipment.

You've learned you don't care for the black light & no light,so now you can order extras that you do like. I normally just order kits,because atomizers are going to go down & you get an extra charger. I keep 6 chargers going all the time.

I've gotten 5 kits from Eric for friends & 1 for myself, every one has worked flawlessly, plus, you can't beat the 6 month warranty.

Good Luck,
NB

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Your kit normally costs more shipped than a similar kit from RMV. Shipping came to $55 for your kit, and $46 from RMV. That's a $9 difference. Yours comes with three batteries, one auto, the RMV kit has two. An auto bat from RMV, that only comes in white or black, is $11. A third manual bat that would come in copper/purple, is $12. Even not counting the nice little velvet pouch, that equals savings. Thus you scored high on my perceived value.

Actually, it's currently $52.00 shipped. We're running a promotion on the Versus 510 right now making it only $40.00 as we're trying to build capital for a new model under development.

Also, if it's of any consolation, we're now allowing customization of battery combinations, though, each order must have at least 2 battery types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread