The amazing Purilum Sweet Tobacco thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Since there has been quite the buzz about sweet tobacco from Purilum on quite a few threads. I’m going to take the liberty of creating a dedicated thread for this flavor.

I have LOTS of experiments lined up for the deliciousness known as sweet tobacco, so I will post them all here, and update as I go!

First success for me has been...
All my mixes are 50/50 @12mg.
7% sweet tobacco
3% FW butterscotch ripple
1 drop per 10ml of sweetener (TFA or Purilum)

Absolutely amazing. I’ve found sweet tobacco doesn’t need a steep time per say, but this recipe shocked me as being delicious just 24 hours after mixing. Sweet creamy butterscotch, with that tobacco I have come to love.

I’m making a batch of this tomorrow for sure. I was disappointed I didn’t have more, and was not happy vaping a month old SOHO in the meantime.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Earlier today I tried another one.

7% sweet tobacco
3% INW shisha strawberry
1 drop of sweetener/10ml

This recipe was ok. It’s my first time trying shisha strawberry. First impression is that the strawberry bullied the sweet tobacco right off of my tastebuds. It definitely overpowered it, and just tasted like a strawberry vape.

I think lowering the shisha to 1-1.5% might work better, or letting it steep longer, not really sure.

The strawberry is great, although fruits really aren’t my thing (minus rose milk).

Good attempt anyway.

Reactions: FranC

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
For those of us that have only been watching the Sweet Tobacco (ST) comments with only one eye, and since this is to be a dedicated thread for ST; how about a detailed description of the concentrate as a single ingredient (stand-alone)? Comparisons to other tobacco concentrates would be helpful too.

Is ST basically another riff on RY4 (which I don't truly consider a "real" tobacco); with gobs of caramel. lots of vanilla, and a bit of tobacco as almost an after thought? Is the tobacco more reminiscent of pipe concentrates, cigar concentrates, or straight leaf concentrates (and which ones?)? What are the secondary/accenting notes that go along with the main tobacco notes?Why is this "sooooo" good? What make it different/more special than previous tobaccos you have tried?

Thanks for sharing!:)

Side note: For those who may just be hearing about Purilum Sweet Tobacco, here is the USA sales link that I am aware of:
Sweet Tobacco by Purilum; sold by Nicotine River
(if any other resellers are also offering Purilum concentrates; please share links/sources below)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
For those of us that have only been watching the Sweet Tobacco (ST) comments with only one eye, and since this is to be a dedicated thread for ST; how about a detailed description of the concentrate as a single ingredient (stand-alone)? Comparisons to other tobacco concentrates would be helpful too.

I've had Sweet Tobacco by Purilum for a while and only mixed up one 50ml bottle a few months ago. Three days ago I mixed another single flavor batch at 6% and used the frother to further the mix blend. This morning I'm trying it after about 3 days steeping. It's turned a very light champagne color and has a slightly sweet aroma in the bottle. I'm sensing a light sweetness and maybe some Coconut, but virtually no tobacco flavor at this point. It's a lot like unflavored mix with a small shot of sweetener at this point.

I rewicked a Kayfun with Rayon so it's going to take a while to break in the wick and get accurate flavor. Immediately after loading the tank it's a pretty green tasting mix. I'll come back and post as I begin to get accurate flavor.

Last edited:

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Sweet Tobacco is definitely not a smack you in the face pipe tobacco, or super strong like a gold ducat or Virginia (at least the ones I have tried).

I have tried numerous tobacco flavorings from FA, TFA, INW, NicRiver, and Jungle Flavors. From Virginia to ry4d, and things like monsoon, morning rain, and black for pipe.

To ME, at 7% stand alone, the sweet tobacco has a subtle sweetness, and subtle tobacco taste (almost like a nut tobacco, but I don't really want to say peanut). Its earthy to me, but not in your face.

The closest comparison I have tried is INW 555 Gold. They have a similar taste, where that peanut-ish flavor might hit me, but it is definitely more pronounced with the 555 Gold.

I appreciate the sweetness of this, as I came from chewing tobacco, where I enjoyed the subtle sweet dips, rather than the overly sweet ones. If you're familiar with this world, imagine a 30-40% strength Copenhagen fine cut. Just a little sweetness, but still with the tobacco.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I tried and retried all of my sweet tobacco & fruit mixes this weekend.

All mixed 7% st, 3% fruit (shisha straw, pur sweet straw, pur white peach).

I simply reiterated to myself that fruit vapes are not for me. I get this weird sore throat when I vape fruits, I thought the low % and sweet tobacco would help, but it didn’t!

Now, the shisha strawberry was really good tasting, but I couldn’t really get an accurate picture of any of them.

Gonna have to leave it to someone else that doesn’t have a bad time with fruits!

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I tried and retried all of my sweet tobacco & fruit mixes this weekend.

All mixed 7% st, 3% fruit (shisha straw, pur sweet straw, pur white peach).

I simply reiterated to myself that fruit vapes are not for me. I get this weird sore throat when I vape fruits, I thought the low % and sweet tobacco would help, but it didn’t!

Now, the shisha strawberry was really good tasting, but I couldn’t really get an accurate picture of any of them.

Gonna have to leave it to someone else that doesn’t have a bad time with fruits!
I'm tobacco all the way, some RY4 and a nice dessert every once in a while. Never like any fruit juices past 1 or 2 pulls.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I'm tobacco all the way, some RY4 and a nice dessert every once in a while. Never like any fruit juices past 1 or 2 pulls.

The only two I’ve been able to vape multiple tanks of are NicRiver strawberry biscuit, and diyordie rose milk.

I guess those are both desserts, with some strawberry for the most part.

Was hoping the sweet tobacco would do the same. Trial and error for sure!

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I think it is pretty hard to describe flavors to someone as every one's taste buds are different. It also makes a difference how much flavor was added and how it is vaped.

I will describe it a bit as it appears to me. I like the Sweet Tobacco and prefer it over the DRY4. I don't actually think that it is a rip off of the RY4 or even attempts to be.

To me, it has a mild tobacco taste, a very faint bitterness, a mild nutty flavor and a smokey taste. It is sort of sweet but not overly so. The tobacco taste is a little grassy and smokey with just a hint of vanilla.

It is good all by itself at around 7.5% and works very well with other tobacco, the Purilum butterscotch and some fruit flavors. Cherry, berries and caramel work well with it.

It doesn't have the pipe or cigar taste at all. You can add some black honey tobacco to go that direction.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Busted out a tester today.

7% sweet tobacco
3% TFA pistachio

Really nice mix. I can taste the sweet tobacco, and the pistachio adds a creamy sweetness. I’m not really tasting “pistachio” per say, but it’s a really nice vape.

I’m pretty guilty of liking my pistachios roasted and salty (was gonna say nuts, but that sounds odd).

I think this is a good base to work with, some might be really satisfied with it. I’m thinking maybe a little AP, or another little bit of sweetness.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Busted out a tester today.

7% sweet tobacco
3% TFA pistachio

Really nice mix. I can taste the sweet tobacco, and the pistachio adds a creamy sweetness. I’m not really tasting “pistachio” per say, but it’s a really nice vape.

I’m pretty guilty of liking my pistachios roasted and salty (was gonna say nuts, but that sounds odd).

I think this is a good base to work with, some might be really satisfied with it. I’m thinking maybe a little AP, or another little bit of sweetness.
Could try FW salty caramel and .25 of toasted marshmallow with the pistachio mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread