The amazing Purilum Sweet Tobacco thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I tried the TFA DX Peanut butter. It is just plain nasty tasting as far as I remember. Only flavor I ever poured down the drain.
Never tried the DX version. There are some things that just dont work right without good'ol DAAP.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Ordered last night, lots of new goodies.

TFA - peanut butter, banana cream, hazelnut, pistachio, Bavarian cream.

FA - fresh cream

FW - butterscotch ripple, vanilla bean ice cream, candy cane.

Flavor revolution - campfire, honey, sweet tobacco

Cap - vanilla custard v1

I mainly want to try adding some creams to Purilum Sweet tobacco to see how I like it.

I’ll try everything alone, and mix n match, should be fun.

MysticRose

Sep 30, 2015
For those of us that have only been watching the Sweet tobacco (ST) comments with only one eye, and since this is to be a dedicated thread for ST; how about a detailed description of the concentrate as a single ingredient (stand-alone)? Comparisons to other tobacco concentrates would be helpful too.

Is ST basically another riff on RY4 (which I don't truly consider a "real" tobacco); with gobs of caramel. lots of vanilla, and a bit of tobacco as almost an after thought? Is the tobacco more reminiscent of pipe concentrates, cigar concentrates, or straight leaf concentrates (and which ones?)? What are the secondary/accenting notes that go along with the main tobacco notes?Why is this "sooooo" good? What make it different/more special than previous tobaccos you have tried?

Thanks for sharing!:)

Side note: For those who may just be hearing about Purilum Sweet Tobacco, here is the USA sales link that I am aware of:
Sweet Tobacco by Purilum; sold by Nicotine River
(if any other resellers are also offering Purilum concentrates; please share links/sources below)

Please remember taste is subjective, these are my flavor notes:

**Percentage Used:** 4%

**Equipment Used:** Troll RDA with a wickless single SS .8 ohm Clapton coil at 20W.

**PG/VG:** 30/70

**Steep Time:** 3 Days and 2 Weeks

**Aroma:** Toasty leaf, oak, vanilla, nutty.

**Flavor Description:** At 3 days this has a light smoky woodiness, very smooth and sweet leaf. Definitely a dessert tobacco, getting a rich caramel and nutty flavor. It's almost a faint hint of coconut, but probably more pecan? I can't quite figure it out. At a 2 week steep the nuttiness is the dominant flavor, pecan or walnut? It has a light woody back note with sweet tobacco leaf and caramel mid notes. I'm not getting any noticeable vanilla anymore. Either I was mistaken and it wasn't there to begin with, or it is has become buried now that the caramel nuttiness has strengthened. The flavors have married together more smoothly with the longer steep time. This one makes an excellent single flavor, I'm really enjoying this.

**Off Flavors:** None

**Throat Hit:** 3/10

**Pairings:** Coffee, nuts, vanillas, caramels, berries or cherry, other tobaccos, some creams, brandy, whiskey, chai tea.

**Notes:** As a single flavor I'd mix this at 5-7% in an RDA and 6-8% in a tank. As an accent flavor 1-5%.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Please remember taste is subjective, these are my flavor notes:

**Percentage Used:** 4%

**Equipment Used:** Troll RDA with a wickless single SS .8 ohm Clapton coil at 20W.

**PG/VG:** 30/70

**Steep Time:** 3 Days and 2 Weeks

**Aroma:** Toasty leaf, oak, vanilla, nutty.

**Flavor Description:** At 3 days this has a light smoky woodiness, very smooth and sweet leaf. Definitely a dessert tobacco, getting a rich caramel and nutty flavor. It's almost a faint hint of coconut, but probably more pecan? I can't quite figure it out. At a 2 week steep the nuttiness is the dominant flavor, pecan or walnut? It has a light woody back note with sweet tobacco leaf and caramel mid notes. I'm not getting any noticeable vanilla anymore. Either I was mistaken and it wasn't there to begin with, or it is has become buried now that the caramel nuttiness has strengthened. The flavors have married together more smoothly with the longer steep time. This one makes an excellent single flavor, I'm really enjoying this.

**Off Flavors:** None

**Throat Hit:** 3/10

**Pairings:** Coffee, nuts, vanillas, caramels, berries or cherry, other tobaccos, some creams, brandy, whiskey, chai tea.

**Notes:** As a single flavor I'd mix this at 5-7% in an RDA and 6-8% in a tank. As an accent flavor 1-5%.
Very good notes. Actually way more detailed than mine. Although our results are almost the same. Great job. Somebody should make a sub for just sharing flavor notes.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
How sweet is the mix with the Butterscotch Ripple?

I've got a terrible sweet tooth. I bet that butterscotch would be good.

That combo at 7% st / 3% bsr starts off pretty sweet. However, after a week or so the sweetness mellows out big time and it just adds this heavy butterscotch feel to it. The sweet tobacco still dominates the recipe flavor, but mildly changes the “sweet” in the name sweet tobacco!

I’m going to try the same with FW vanilla bean ice cream, and then with all 3, tweaked. Also, adding pistachio or hazelnut to the ST/BSR sounds amazing.

Like most flavor West products I have tried, their stuff starts off strong and mellows out with time. For some things it’s nice, and for others I wish it didn’t fade (ex. FW candy cane).

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Re-tried the Pur Sweet Tobacco 7%, Pur white peach 3% after 2 weeks.

Initially, I only tasted peach, and wasn’t too impressed. After time, the peach takes a back seat, and I’m front loaded with sweet tobacco.

It seems to taste “fuller” than I would expect. It’s definitely not over sweet either, it’s quite pleasant. Surprising, as I’m not a fruit kinda guy!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
What the hell is this thread doing on PAGE 2!!!!!!
Well I’m gonna do my part to keep it alive. I have 60mls of the sweet T mixed and steeped. Can’t believe I had the will power to leave it alone and not add anything else to the mix. Well I’m happy I did because it is perfect all by itself. I put a new coil and fresh wick in my RTA to fully appreciate it and I’m happy. Best part is that being so clear a juice I think it’s gonna be super easy on my coils so I won’t have to change wick often, not that I do anyway. I’m lazy and this mix is perfect for me. I think I will get months without rewicking but I’ll keep y’all updated and this thread alive. I don’t have any butterscotch ripple which is good for now because I’m sure I’ll love it. So while it’s gonna be in my next order for now I’m gonna stick with the single flavor amazing Purilum sweet tobacco.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Got my order a few days ago, but I had to place another order for 10ml tester bottles. I have LOTS of single flavors to mix next week.

Looking forward to trying a few different creams/custards with sweet tobacco. Will be a long process, but I’ll keep updating!
Love hearing how all the different combinations taste and it saves me having to try,lol. I actually spilled some of my sweet t transferring it into a smaller bottle today so I was devastated. I still have 5-6 ounces left but I like having a full 8oz in reserve just in case, god forbid, something happens and I can’t get it for awhile. I only spilled 1-2ml but still that’s terrible. At least my floor smells good, always looking for a bright side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread