The amazing Purilum Sweet Tobacco thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I made a rum and ST mixture as well. 6% ST and 2% Rum (German Flavors). Fresh, it was a hot mess. Did not like it at all. Put it away for two weeks and tried again; still a hot mess. Tried it at a month, was starting to get a good taste to it but way to strong on the rum. Now at a month and three weeks, very nice. However, I will be toning the rum down to 1% on the next mix as it is strong. I do not mind it but it has a little of an aftertaste of the rum which reminds me of the aftertaste of a rum and coke. Have not had one in over 12 years but still remember that taste. Looking to get it to be more harmonious where the tobacco is at least the co star, not the after thought.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I made a rum and ST mixture as well. 6% ST and 2% Rum (German Flavors). Fresh, it was a hot mess. Did not like it at all. Put it away for two weeks and tried again; still a hot mess. Tried it at a month, was starting to get a good taste to it but way to strong on the rum. Now at a month and three weeks, very nice. However, I will be toning the rum down to 1% on the next mix as it is strong. I do not mind it but it has a little of an aftertaste of the rum which reminds me of the aftertaste of a rum and coke. Have not had one in over 12 years but still remember that taste. Looking to get it to be more harmonious where the tobacco is at least the co star, not the after thought.
I read somewhere a touch of fuji or pear can tone down rum.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've found that st is a bit too sweet for me after steeping well. It's also pretty mild and easily overpowered. I do like the mix of ST and Gold Ducat . The Ducat is a stronger tobacco and it overrides taste and tones down the sweetness.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I've found that st is a bit too sweet for me after steeping well. It's also pretty mild and easily overpowered. I do like the mix of ST and Gold Ducat . The Ducat is a stronger tobacco and it overrides taste and tones down the sweetness.

I really like the Ducat and also as a combo. But that Ducat is a real coil killer. Gunks up for me after a couple days.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    :blink:
    From what I’ve read Soho seems very similar to PST. Do you find this to be the case? Is it worth buying some soho or is PST close enough in flavor?
    Only if you run out of PST. lol.

I bought some because I heard it was Bobaesque, but I finally mixed it at 14% to get it :nah:. It's okay. Get some if you want to see.

Right now, Fuji and CD are ringing my bell :thumbs:.

Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    :blink:
    Only if you run out of PST. lol.

I bought some because I heard it was Bobaesque, but I finally mixed it at 14% to get it :nah:. It's okay. Get some if you want to see.

Right now, Fuji and CD are ringing my bell :thumbs:.
    I will never run out of PST. I enjoy it so much that I use it in all my recipes at different %’s. The flavor profiles I read gave me the impression it was very similar to PST so I think I will pass for now. Thanks for your opinion

Reactions: smacuser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread