Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
You're making it tough on me, Russ ... I may have to become a tank fan after all! Very nice video, and thanks for the useful tips (e.g., enlarging the air holes on the Joye 510). Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go into emergency session with my credit card ... :laugh:

BTW, I just re-played the video, and I can't figure out why you would have to assemble this top first ... why can't you screw the atomizer into the base, put the tube on the base, fill the tank, and then put on the top? What have I missed? :blink:

Last edited:

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
BTW, I just re-played the video, and I can't figure out why you would have to assemble this top first ... why can't you screw the atomizer into the base, put the tube on the base, fill the tank, and then put on the top? What have I missed? :blink:

Not sure...this is the way Cisco and Hanna showed me on how to put it together though. Perhaps it has something to do with how the valve works?

little1199

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
k-town TN
Watched the video, loved the concept, but had two big questions-

1. Any chance there will be a thumbscrew thrown on these like the trap tank for easy filling?
2. How's the vape vs cartos? I quickly moved to tanks when I started vaping and never really gave atty's a fair chance since I flooded or burned them so often. I love the auto-feed concept and would love to get away from the fickle carto filters... seems like a quarter of the boges I buy end up being filled, tasted, bad draw, trashed.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US

If you were to fill it as you suggest, you'd have a leaking/flooding problem right at the start. When you push the top on, the pressure created would force juice to feed to the atomizer. I suppose you might be able to flip it over once the o-ring meets the tank, then press it the rest of the way on. Can't test that theory until I have one in my hand, though, I can't wait until these are available ;-)

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
If you were to fill it as you suggest, you'd have a leaking/flooding problem right at the start. When you push the top on, the pressure created would force juice to feed to the atomizer. I suppose you might be able to flip it over once the o-ring meets the tank, then press it the rest of the way on. Can't test that theory until I have one in my hand, though, I can't wait until these are available ;-)

Watched the video, loved the concept, but had two big questions-

1. Any chance there will be a thumbscrew thrown on these like the trap tank for easy filling?
2. How's the vape vs cartos? I quickly moved to tanks when I started vaping and never really gave atty's a fair chance since I flooded or burned them so often. I love the auto-feed concept and would love to get away from the fickle carto filters... seems like a quarter of the boges I buy end up being filled, tasted, bad draw, trashed.

Cisco and Hanna called into Click, Bang! last night to answer questions and explain how The AMP Tank works. It would take a looong time to go over all of it so I'll just post the link to the replay here:

Last night's episode of Click, Bang! is up for replay:

Cisco and Hanna From AvidVaper Lay the Dish on the AMP Tank - New Mamu Mod Contest

Cisco and Hanna From AvidVaper Lay the Dish on the AMP Tank - New Mamu Mod Giveaway Contest by VP Live on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Thanks, I listened to the replay last night. Since Cisco isn't a registered supplier anymore (as of the last time I checked, anyway) and there's no official announcement on ECF, do you happen to have any updated info on availability? Just curious if there's a hard sale date yet (I've been stalking the site all week:p)

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
Thanks, I listened to the replay last night. Since Cisco isn't a registered supplier anymore (as of the last time I checked, anyway) and there's no official announcement on ECF, do you happen to have any updated info on availability? Just curious if there's a hard sale date yet (I've been stalking the site all week:p)

No hard date yet, but they are hoping to be able to start selling them over the weekend. Just to be clear, this is not confirmed.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
Here is a question. Does the air flow come from the carburetor or from the air of the threads from the device? Only reason I ask is I have a Hippo connector for my Provari but it changes the air flow on my devices that use the air flow from the bottom of the atty. If the air flow is actually coming from the carburetor instead of the threads, I will be even more pleased as I do not like how the Hippo changes the air flow of some devices.

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
I'm pretty positive that the airflow does come through the carb. At least thats what i think i remember cisco saying when he was on click bang. The air holes on the atty are being used to feed juice. So you should be in good shaped!

That is correct. 100% of the airflow to the atty comes through the carburetor hole.

little1199

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
k-town TN
Thanks for the answer and posting the link.

I'm impressed. I want. Any chance the contributors to this thread would be able to reserve a spot to get a tank on the first shipment? (Or a heads up as to what time they will go on sale Monday?) I know it's a long shot, but it would be pretty badass!

Edit- wording and add-

just heard the answer on the fill screw. Extremely glad I listened to that as I might have been thinking of a good way to tap the top cap :/ for those who didnt hear hear the explanation-

Atomizers don't have the filler, its just a tube with a coil, so when you break the vacuum the juice pours out the bottom. Cartos have the filler that "holds" the juice when the vac is broken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread