The Aspire Nautilus comes with an extra tank. What parts do I need to make it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I'm looking at the accessories page here: Aspire Nautilus accessories I know I need the Upper Hardware and the nautilus Base Hardware. I know I need a Drip Tip.

I do not know if I need the nautilus Seal Ring for Upper Hardware or the Nautilus Connector and Insulated Ring. I do not know where these items are located inside the unit or if the Upper Hardware has them inside. I assume the Nautilus Spring and Pin for Airflow control will already be inside the new Nautilus Base Hardware as well as the Nautilus Rubber Seal gasket I'm ordering so I won't need to buy those extra. Is this correct or will I still need any of these to make another complete working tank? (I already have the 1.6 ohm atomizers) Thank you!

Reactions: stols001

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
the closest I came to losing or damaging a certain part was that upper seal ring with the dimples. It was also recommended to reverse that ring if you had leakage problems. It also was nice to swap to a synthetic DT that was shorter I found.

I see.. well I guess since it's only a dollar it won't break the bank for the upper seal ring and connector. So far my list is up to 14 dollars. Thats just about everything in that accessories list. LOL

I haven't broken anything yet, I just want a second working tank so I can use a dark juice in one and a light juice in the other. Kinda a pain in da .... having to clean the tank each time I need to change flavors or attys. Thanks.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Pardon me for this horrible question but wouldn't it be just as easy to get a whole new tank and then once you've busted one (it happens) you will have spares?

Also, see if you can find a diagram of whatever Nautilus you have expanded, so you know exactly how many O-rings are where, etc. One missing part could sink you. I'd think the manufacturer's home page might be one such place, perhaps,

Anna

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Pardon me for this horrible question but wouldn't it be just as easy to get a whole new tank and then once you've busted one (it happens) you will have spares?

Also, see if you can find a diagram of whatever Nautilus you have expanded, so you know exactly how many O-rings are where, etc. One missing part could sink you. I'd think the manufacturer's home page might be one such place, perhaps,

Anna

Yeah I know I'll have no spare this way if one breaks but I'm trusting myself not to drop it Ever. I'm pretty good holding onto things. I tease my wife all the time.. she's dropped her cell phone and had to replace it 3 times since I've had my cell phone and have never dropped it once in 3 years. - Then again.. we have 18 cats so anything Could happen.. LOL

• Optimistic

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I guess they're still selling well for the price not to have dropped by now.
Oh, Rock bottom vapes-19.95!

I'd spend the 14 dollars on the parts and at least 5 dollars on shipping and I still wouldn't have an extra tank.. your Right and I marked your post the winner. For 19.95 I'm better off getting the whole system again at the cheaper price from Rock Bottom Vapes and I'd have an extra in case one breaks. Thanks !!!!! I didn't know about Rock Bottom Vapes so I'm glad you did. It pays to shop around. That's Much better than the 36 dollars my local shop wants or even from Aspire online.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Rock bottom vapes are great.

For me when I get an extra tank that comes with something, I start saying "Holy hallelujah" and like, if that tank is NOT glass, I do a very happy dance.

Although now that my fine motor tremor is so much BETTER (I think this accursed med change is worth it) I have not been dropping my vapes much at all.

It's really pleasant. I may have cursed myself, but it's really great. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: r77r7r

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Fuyong,Baoan,China
I'm looking at the accessories page here: Aspire Nautilus accessories I know I need the Upper Hardware and the Nautilus Base Hardware. I know I need a Drip Tip.

I do not know if I need the Nautilus Seal Ring for Upper Hardware or the Nautilus Connector and Insulated Ring. I do not know where these items are located inside the unit or if the Upper Hardware has them inside. I assume the Nautilus Spring and Pin for Airflow control will already be inside the new Nautilus Base Hardware as well as the Nautilus Rubber Seal gasket I'm ordering so I won't need to buy those extra. Is this correct or will I still need any of these to make another complete working tank? (I already have the 1.6 ohm atomizers) Thank you!
Hello,
You need upper hardware, base hardware, and a drip tip, what's more, some Nautilus coils,if you already have the mod, then you can use it. You don't need to buy the Nautilus Seal Ring for Upper Hardware or the Nautilus Connector and Insulated Ring.
Best Regards
Aspire Team

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sweet! Thank you. That driptip is great. I had to order some more 0.7 mesh coils because shipping was more than my order and that seemed wrong somehow...

I have a few tanks, very specifically, that I am looking forward to using that drip tip on :)

Take note Aspire. You may not have loved my review but I really DO love your products, even if they aren't perfect. LOL.

Anna

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Fuyong,Baoan,China
  • Love

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
LOL - I have three daily working Nautilus tanks (with the aftermarket Hollowed Out tanks; I break glass ones) plus several extra HO tanks (and a bunch of unused glass shells), extra bases, 60 to 80 coils (both standard and nickel), and Delrin™ drip tips (as you can see, I bite down on my drip tips, so no metal) that I machine for an exact tight fit.

I suppose I could get some extra small parts, but where to begin. Maybe contact pins, insulators and springs; the plating is coming off one of my pins. Gaskets and seals are always nice, although I've never has a leak from an unbroken Nautilus yet.

Vaping-rigs.jpg

One thing I could use would be a tool for pressing the bases back together (the press-fit sometimes pulls apart after dropping a rig - I'm clumsy). I currently hunt up some bushings to spread the load and press them back together in a vise, but a screw-type tool designed to do the job quickly and portably would be useful. When I get my shop back together (we moved recently) I'll probably make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread