The Aurora Play Pod system by Vaporesso. Charlies thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi Guys and I hope that all of you are doing well and that the beginning of the week is not too taxing :) Before we start a big thank you to Chelsea at team vaporesso for sending the Aurora play on for review. Also thanks to you guys for reading.
As always this device has been sent to me for the purposes of this review but has been thoroughly tested by me so my results are based on real world usage and will be unbiased. The aim here is to give the community honest and accurate information which will help their decision making processes.

The Aurora Play Pod system by vaporesso....what's it all about? The system came to me in a nicely sized box and the design of the device will be loved by many because of its similarity to the old Zippo lighters which many of us used in the past. It's an iconic design which has a slightly retro feel that is really nice. Let's kick off with a few pictures...

20190617_102702-jpg.823065

20190617_102729-jpg.823067

20190617_103226-jpg.823075

The Vaporesso Aurora Play is well package and the box contains the following items...

1 x Aurora Play Kit with a 1.3 ohm pod pre-installed.
1 x Additional pod also 1.3 ohm.
1 x E-juice filling bottle 10ml capacity.
1 x USB cable.
1 x User manual.
1 x Quick guide.
1 x Warranty card.

The tank capacity is 2 ml and it is filled by a proprietary filling port which is accessible even when the pod is installed in the device, as it is found at the top of the pod. It takes the form of a single hole which has a non return valve and it's size fits nearly all the juice bottles currently produced. It's perfect for the chubby gorilla type. The included juice bottle is a nice idea and shows that Vaporesso are thinking about their users. Of course many of you will never use this as you will be fine with your existing juice container. The only type of tip I have had trouble with is my needle tipped bottle which I tend to use for my salt nic in the tiny form factor pods. This seemed to not trigger the non return valve to open. Nothing to worry about but worth mentioning :)

The Aurora comes with a 650 mah internal battery and 5 clicks turn it on and 5 clicks to turn it off. The battery charges at 1 amp and takes 50 minutes from empty to full charge. It's nice to have a quick charge device.

20190617_103635-jpg.823073

The Vaporesso Aurora Play has three power levels which are accessed via the button on the side. Three clicks will cycle through the different power modes which are as follow...

Red is 9 watts.
Blue is 10.5 watts.
Green is 12 watts.

The device is draw activated which I like a lot and the led and switch, next to it are only used for changing settings or turning on and off. You can press the switch at any time once and the led will flash twice in succession denoting the charge level at that particular time. With red needing charging blue medium charge and green 3 quarters to completely full.

The device has good flavour and it is suitable for a very restricted direct lung draw down to a very loose mouth to lung draw. The drip tip is removeable but at the same time proprietary so you cannot use your own drip tips with the Aurora. The pod pops out easily when you want to change it by pulling on the drip tip and it is held on by magnets as you might expect.

The 'zippo' style lid on the device opens and makes that satisfying click sound that many will know and although many have highlighted the wobble on the cap while open as being a con, in my view the extra play makes it less likely to break with repeated long term use.

The Vaporesso Aurora Play comes in 4 different colour and is made from a zinc alloy and feels very nice in the hand..

capture-jpg.823081

The cost is around 25€ over here in France and $30 in the USA. Ok now some final pictures before my conclusion on the new Vaporesso Aurora Play Pod system :)

20190617_102925-jpg.823085

20190617_104151-jpg.823091

20190617_104158-jpg.823093

Conclusions.

So what do I think about the Vaporesso Aurora Play Pod system? Well this is a fun and useful device which works very well to do what is was designed to do. The fact that you can set three different power levels and check the battery level is a big plus. Not to mention the ability to turn the device off although there is next to no chance of this device auto firing as it has the lid and is draw activated. Some people will find the proprietary drip tip a con but to be honest the existing tip is very comfortable and as you go through pods I would advise saving one or two in case of loss. Although saying that the fact that the pods come each time with a new tip it shouldn't be a problem.

The device will just about cover the different styles of vaping but the very serious mouth to lung tight draw vapers may find the MTL hit a little too loose. For me as a slightly restricted direct lung vaper to restricted DL it suits me fine. Actually I don't find it matters that much with the pod devices because the main thing is to manage a stealthy vape in difficult circumstances. And the Vaporesso Aurora Play certainly achieves that.

The flavour is really good but be aware that there is a bit of a break in with a new ccell coil and I advise you to pre soak for at least an hour or even better over night. It is better to lower the power a bit as you break in the coil and that will ensure that you don't scorch it during the process.

So would I advise you to buy one? That's a big yes from Charlie although some of you may not like the form factor. If you're are one of those ex smokers that used to have a 'Zippo' then it's a must have IMO. The Aurora works well and does what it is supposed to do so I have to say that this is another great device from Vaporesso which we have come to respect and love for its decent devices.

As always a big thank you to Chelsea from the Vaporesso Team for sending this through for review it is much appreciated. Thank you also to you guys for reading my reviews and I hope that they will give you the information you need when making those purchase decisions.

Have a great day. And until the next review coming soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread