The BEAST is here NOW- Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah Battery for your eVic, eGo-T mod and others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
panny18650.png

panny18650_1.png

Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah Li-Ion for eVic & Other mods
$14.95

Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah Flat top batteries for the joyetech eVic, ego-t mod or other mods needing an 18650.

This is a Genuine Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh rechargeable Li-Ion Battery; it is made in Japan, a quality product, no memory effect, long storage life, Light weight and high energy density.

You receive one battery with this listing. Non protected ICR. This is the same high capacity battery Joyetech is going to introduce in their own branded box.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I normally use AW IMR 18650s because I use a Kick. Are these IMR, will these work with the KICK?
They are basically the same but they use different metals. I Means Lithium Ion, M means Manganese and R means round. IMR this battery uses Cobalt so its ICR but it will work the same as IMR

I'm not very good at understanding batteries. I have a vari tube and so far all I have purchased are button tops. Will this work with a vari tube?

You would have to measure your battery you normally use and look at the specs and see if its the same length

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Non protected icr means no built-in protections, make sure any pv you use has very good pv level safety features.

If it's unprotected ICR, ask your pv supplier explicitly if they are okay, make sure they understand you are asking about using unprotected ICR. (Panasonic has a great reputation, just need to make sure the battery is appropriate.)

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Max and Gabe brought to my attention that we should advise those using this battery or any ICR battery to make sure you use a Vape Safe and do not trust these to work on a mechanical battery without some potential danger. ICR's fail much more violently than the fizzle out of an IMR. So take caution if you do insist on using this on a non short circuit protected mechanical mod. We advise against it and have posted a warning on the battery page.

Thanks to Max and Gabe for bringing this to our attention.

Non protected icr means no built-in protections, make sure any pv you use has very good pv level safety features.

If it's unprotected ICR, ask your pv supplier explicitly if they are okay, make sure they understand you are asking about using unprotected ICR. (Panasonic has a great reputation, just need to make sure the battery is appropriate.)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Good job :) Battery safety is a PITA, but a lot of us don't know what is okay to use, so providing the little bit of guidance is important.

With unprotected you have to be more careful about overcharge (use good chargers) and over-discharge (don't drive them into the dirt, though vape quality should suffer a lot before then), and provide short protection. I've only used "unprotected ICR" in 1 PV, where I'm very comfortable with the vendor engineering design and the batteries actually do have a PTC, though not a full classic protection circuit; in that case the PV vendor explicitly warns not to use the batteries in other PV without checking with the other PV manufacturer first.

Last edited:

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
Does anyone know how these compare to vape time with the evic Samsung battery? I would LOVE 3400mah, but my understanding with these is that the higher capacity is created by the fact that the battery itself can be safely discharged to 2.5v. This isn't practical in ecig applications, which I believe typically cut off around 3.2-3.3 volts. At that level these only seem to edge out the Samsung battery by 200-300mah. My Samsung batt lasts me about a day and a half. I'd love something that would last 2 days, but I'm thinking these would really only give me another hour or two.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Its a good point, they do have a higher safety tolerance on the discharge down to 2.5v but I have not heard that the mah energy capacity was tied to that. I do know these are the official battery the eVic is going to sell as an alternative to the Samsung 2600. Just got these in and I have had two on charge, haven't used them yet....

Does anyone know how these compare to vape time with the evic Samsung battery? I would LOVE 3400mah, but my understanding with these is that the higher capacity is created by the fact that the battery itself can be safely discharged to 2.5v. This isn't practical in ecig applications, which I believe typically cut off around 3.2-3.3 volts. At that level these only seem to edge out the Samsung battery by 200-300mah. My Samsung batt lasts me about a day and a half. I'd love something that would last 2 days, but I'm thinking these would really only give me another hour or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread