the benefits I got from switching to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozm8ey

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
melboune,australia
About 2-3 years ago I was a pack a day smoker. I kept getting chest pain but I also have generalised anxiety disorder, so it was probably all in my head. I then decided to check out vaping. I saw one of those cigarette like e-cigs, you know the ones that looks like real cigs with no fire button you just inhale and it activates and uses cartilages. Once i got it I instantly loved it but then it started to cost too much and kept getting burnt taste from those so i get a better pen style e-cig and was much better. It took only 3 days to switch. After the first day I decided to only smoke in the mornings then on the third day I went ok F it i'll just not smoke this morning and never had a normal cig since then.

When I was a smoke and I went to karate I used to always dehydrate really quick, I'd feel sick after 30 mins and after karate session is over I would cough my guts up for the next few hours. e-cigs saved me, I no longer have a smokers cough, all the pains are pretty much gone and I just feel overall better. No more stink i can go for long walks now and dont have to worry + cigs in austarlia are now around $30 a packet so its a wast of time, money and whats the point if you dont even get a high from them if it kills you. I just feel so much better and people at a construction course I did were like e-cigs aren't strong enough so I put the watts up on my mod and gave them a puff and then they were like wow wtf thats harsh. Now I got 2 from there into vaping but haven't seen them since I did the course.

Some people just worry about it wont give them that ahhh pleasure but it does. Well thanks for reading, thats my story, peace.

ColdHeartClan

Jul 28, 2017
Madison, Wi
About 2-3 years ago I was a pack a day smoker. I kept getting chest pain but I also have generalised anxiety disorder, so it was probably all in my head. I then decided to check out vaping. I saw one of those cigarette like e-cigs, you know the ones that looks like real cigs with no fire button you just inhale and it activates and uses cartilages. Once i got it I instantly loved it but then it started to cost too much and kept getting burnt taste from those so i get a better pen style e-cig and was much better. It took only 3 days to switch. After the first day I decided to only smoke in the mornings then on the third day I went ok F it i'll just not smoke this morning and never had a normal cig since then.

When I was a smoke and I went to karate I used to always dehydrate really quick, I'd feel sick after 30 mins and after karate session is over I would cough my guts up for the next few hours. e-cigs saved me, I no longer have a smokers cough, all the pains are pretty much gone and I just feel overall better. No more stink i can go for long walks now and dont have to worry + cigs in austarlia are now around $30 a packet so its a wast of time, money and whats the point if you dont even get a high from them if it kills you. I just feel so much better and people at a construction course I did were like e-cigs aren't strong enough so I put the watts up on my mod and gave them a puff and then they were like wow ... thats harsh. Now I got 2 from there into vaping but haven't seen them since I did the course.

Some people just worry about it wont give them that ahhh pleasure but it does. Well thanks for reading, thats my story, peace.
13 year martial artist here, I never smoked while I was practicing but then I got into an existential crisis with the school I was teaching for and left and practiced on my own. Started smoking and then one day decided to try and go back to a different karate studio. Finished my cig pulling into my first class, it was also my last because I almost died! After four years of vaping, I can breathe during my work outs again! I can practice for 4-6 hours straight again! Glad you found our forum and hope everything works out well for you!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh the health benefits go on and on. Exercise is so much more fun, I can talk, sing, run around with energy again. I really was starting to feel Very Old, and as someone who's used to energy forever, I was not enjoying that at all!

Congrats on all your vaping changes, that's awesome! Thank you for sharing them with us and so glad you were able to transition to vaping. :)

My favorite non health related benefit is that many of my facial wrinkles seem to be disappearing. I took some pics to compare, and after only 60 days, I look younger than I did two years ago while smoking 2.5--3 ppd. Gosh, no wonder I looked wizened. (I also had these awful sunken eye bags). It's not the only benefit for sure, but it's the one that isn't that important that I most *enjoy*, heh. I did not enjoy the quitting zits, but they pass.... :)

Anna

Reactions: mattiem

sambar

Dec 8, 2017
Oh the health benefits go on and on. Exercise is so much more fun, I can talk, sing, run around with energy again. I really was starting to feel Very Old, and as someone who's used to energy forever, I was not enjoying that at all!

Congrats on all your vaping changes, that's awesome! Thank you for sharing them with us and so glad you were able to transition to vaping. :)

My favorite non health related benefit is that many of my facial wrinkles seem to be disappearing. I took some pics to compare, and after only 60 days, I look younger than I did two years ago while smoking 2.5--3 ppd. Gosh, no wonder I looked wizened. (I also had these awful sunken eye bags). It's not the only benefit for sure, but it's the one that isn't that important that I most *enjoy*, heh. I did not enjoy the quitting zits, but they pass.... :)

Anna

Quitting zits is that what these are???
I quit over a year ago August 2016 to be more precise.
But I do find myself having a random smoke now and then. Mainly due to my curiosity. My skin breaks out everytime I have a smoke coming to think of it now.

Just a week ago I was travelling through Amsterdam and did not have access to my vape on the flight which was 9 hours. Got to the airport. Rushed to find a shop and sadly bought my first pack in over a year.
Rushed to a smoke pit which was a poorly ventilated glass box with a bunch of smokers in there. As I walked in I got hit with that old familiar smell (nasty)

I pulled out the smokes and I'm sure people looked at me thinking I never smoked a day in my life. Carefully opened the package. Had my first smoke in months but first smoke out of necessity since I quit August 2016. Had half the smoke (camel blue) which I thought were supposed to be lights. Ended up being like getting hit by a train. Couldn't finish the smoke. I put it out. Left the full pack of smokes on a table and walked away. Granted I walked a way light headed and whoozy.
Anyways next day woke up with a big zit on my face on one side and a cluster of zits on the other side of my face. I assumed it was just weather change and all. But ya it makes sense if it's from smoking. I hardly ever get zits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread