THE BEST 0$ (zero dollar) TANK MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
ok i dont know if anyone has ever done this or posted this but if not here er goes,

tools/things you need

razor or sharp blade,
hole reamer (dont NEED it but i use mine for most everything)

the goods you will need

x2 10ML dosage syringes (liquid medication SYRINGES NO needle5-10-20ML) or any syringes
found at your local wally world FOR FREE
you will need 1 for the tube and rubber plunger cap, and 1 for the plunger cap

any cartomiser, reg or XL (with two holes dremaled or drilled near the lower plunger/oring

i have been using 2 of these for the last week or 2 with no problems, id like to call it the juice condom, or carto condom, or what not but i have been callin it my daily driver for if done correctly it does not leak, i can put my whole PV in my pocket and not worry of leaks or it moving up or down an so on... etc

anyhoot you know what this is, but its FREE

cons,
it must be filled with a blunt needle syringe (have not tried a sharp needle yet,
it takes for time to assemble and can be frustrating

pros,
holds approx 4ml of juice (reg carto) and approx 7ml (XL carto)
must be filled with a syringe blunt tip
ALL DAY vape
FREE FREE FREE
make multiples FOR FREE!
no juice in your mouth or your atty connector :glare:

i cut this XL carto pretty much at the 8ML mark of the tube btw

tips,
i dont make the carto "fit" in to the x2 rubber plungers, i make the hole smaller than the carto for a leak free,worry free, TIGHT A fit the harder it is to assemble the better imo, this thing just wont leak (in the pictures the plunger oring on the right is actually bigger than id like)

i fill by slide/shoveing the fill needle between the carto metal and the rubber ring some residual juice may be left after filling,

when filling try not to pump AIR into the tank, as it will pump the juice into your carto from the holes you dremeled into the lower end of your carto... ive done this once, its not a huge deal or a huge waste of juice but you will need to "blow" out the juice thats in the middle "post" of the carto... much like when a clearomiser LEAKS...

anyhoot enjoy your "dailydriver" :vapor: "cartocondom" "juicecondom" :p

if you like this and make/use one let me knows, if you hate this or will not make one let me know
please let me know what you guys an gals think

heres some pictures of the one i made tonight for a XL 1.5 cartomiser sorry my camera stinks but you get the picture... prolly

Attachments

• SL370386.jpg
    SL370386.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,041
  • SL370387.jpg
    SL370387.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,278
  • SL370389.jpg
    SL370389.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 971
  • SL370390.jpg
    SL370390.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 926
Last edited:

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
i know! lol iam VERY happy with it, the cost makes me flail around the room like a lil girl with a new pony

i have been thinking of putting some decor and make it look better or give it a rad look

so far i got electrical tape, and paper tape with a sharpie or 2 in my head,

of course with a strip or spiral cut out so you can see the juice level...

sometimes a take a huge vape and get to see bubbles pop out, hehe gotta love a wet carto

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
@johnny, i can totally see how and why these would fail or be delicate on a CE2 instead of a CARTO, they work GREAT for cartos have not had one problem... at first i almost did this mod on my last CE2 but i tried the carto instead,

IF i was gonna try a CE2 i would prolly hone a bunch or a few prolly two small holes into the plastic tube and seat the tank around the tube much like the carto way, if you get rid of the tube i could foresee the delicate problem being a huge problem,

the rigid ness of the cartos metal casing is prime realestate for this tank mod gotta somehow keep that with delicate CE2's,

i have a LOVE/HATE thing going with ce2s

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
I think you can just go up and ask at the Pharmacy counter. At worst they'll charge you 18 cents each for the 5 and 10ml ones.

thats how you do it, they shouldnt really charge you,

ive walked up to the pharma counter,
they ask what can i get you,
i say i need 4 (to 8) 10ml liquid medication dosing syringes for my grandfather please,
and 4 1ml syringes for my niece please *batting eyes*

i would gladly pay if they wanna charge me for the goods,

mjkjr

Aug 29, 2011
KC
thats how you do it, they shouldnt really charge you,

ive walked up to the pharma counter,
they ask what can i get you,
i say i need 4 (to 8) 10ml liquid medication dosing syringes for my grandfather please,
and 4 1ml syringes for my niece please *batting eyes*

i would gladly pay if they wanna charge me for the goods,

LukeTheDuke, huh? :laugh: Don't know about all that. I mean, I guess if the pharmacist was a hot girl somewhere in her 20's I'd be interested, but I still don't know about batting my eyes. Maybe I'll just try my :2cool: look first.

locke2121

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Da South!
Cool...I'm designing a tank mod on my computer right now (3d artist) that uses the guts from a CE, a clear tube and three silicon disks. That way there isn't any cutting up cartos or aluminum center sections...course I don't have the ability to mold silicon...so right now its just for fun lol. When I get done, I'll post some pics.

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
please post your findings locke2121, like i said earlier i LOVE ce2's but hate alot about them, lemme know how it goes,

LukeTheDuke, huh? :laugh: Don't know about all that. I mean, I guess if the pharmacist was a hot girl somewhere in her 20's I'd be interested, but I still don't know about batting my eyes. Maybe I'll just try my :2cool: look first.

yeah the pharma SHE'S was 3 of them... a older gal, a 30 something and a fugly 23ish something... they ganged up on me trying to "help" me... so... i wiped out the eyes... lol god i knew someone would notice that LOLOL

Last edited:

locke2121

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Da South!
lol...not really findings. Like I said, I don't actually have the resources to build what I'm working on right now. I can get the tube anywhere, but molding silicon is a bit beyond me at the moment. But I'll post some pics of my design. I'm still modeling it...I'll render a 3d picture of it when I'm done.

TinyTimberGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
picasaweb.google.com

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
lol...not really findings. Like I said, I don't actually have the resources to build what I'm working on right now. I can get the tube anywhere, but molding silicon is a bit beyond me at the moment. But I'll post some pics of my design. I'm still modeling it...I'll render a 3d picture of it when I'm done.

Molding silicone isn't too hard.......Amazon.com: Environmental Technology 1-Pound Kit Casting' Craft Easymold Silicone Putty: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

I used it for my carto \ CE2 tanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread