Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Someone ... will say something made by smok. :evil:

Not sayin' best, but my Alien and AL85 both still work. And a fairly intact finish despite pocket carry and whatnot.

I'm also fortunate that my lost vape efusion Duo has to be at least 3 years and the Lipo it came with is still the original. Never had to replace it or swap on the battery sled. But I don't use and need to charge it daily. The shiny aluminum frame around the USB does have some scratches from some poorly aimed stabs at the port.

The best mod is the one that works for you, is safe to use in your typical environment, and feels good to use. Other than board performance for something special like temp control it's all subjective. Besides, build quality is only one factor. Would you use a nice handmade stab wood mod in a setting where drops and jostling is likely?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
OMG, how many times we used to do that to each other in elementary school! These days, people almost always get ticked off when I do it to them. People just aren't as fun as they used to be. I don't remember Spock ever being charged with assault, or being served a restraining order. Sheesh!

edit: I was joking, y'all! I just amuse myself. I can imagine how an adult would react if I went up & gave them the Vulcan move! :)

Come on, everyone know the best mod ever is the olc stratum.
e3ea2c102f48ffaded50f045572aa7c8.jpg
6565dd85cf575f85e72e9d4c4edb94ed.jpg
964b5c1b2907d938b4dfe0af4fe285aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Okay - I can't do anything about Smoked posting mods I want and can't have. But Diver - I've warned you about posting those Strati!
You know I know where you live, right?:grr::(

edit: and I'd probably be on my way now if you'd posted Zoso!

Reactions: Eskie

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
My Opinion - REOS Mods.
Every October I do an "Unofficial Equipment of the Year Poll", formally dominated by ProVape and REOS Mods.
This year however, it was JAC Vapour. Reos second, Eleaf third, Geek Vape and Lost Vape tied for forth.
So apparently JAC Vapour is the new King of the Hill !

7th Annual Unofficial Equipment of the Year Poll

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Just looking around ECF, I'd assumed Dicodes inherited the mantle. But then, I'm not a mod junkie, and don't own either, so....

I own several Provari's, but don't have the pleasure of the Dani yet.. its on my list though.. definitely.

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
After vaping for 10 years I can say that mods last 2 years on average. High end mods sometimes aren't worth the price, and in the long run you'll most probably get tired and get your next fetish. I try to buy the most reliable of middle of the road mods, and many go the distance. True, I don't do TC, so I try to keep some high end. But I never devoted my money to high end only.

Same. I'm not 100% HEMO or devote my soul to High End Mods Only, either. I like what I like. I own and use several middle/cheaper priced devices; Therions, Dotboxes, many are same but in other colors. If catches my eye and priced low, I'd still get it. Mechs aren't ever super cheap or middle of the road tho, usually. Sometimes expensive mods can suck too. Well, Wotofo tried. They made a cheap squonker awhile back but it wasn't made well, to me (from the internal pics). But the price was $60, compared to spending well over $100 for average 3d printed squonkers back then. Maybe it's just me but I think their talent is with atomizers. It'd be super sweet to get that 'middle of the road' pricing for authentic mechs. Just that certain type of devices I like using, happens to cost more than others.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The best device is the one that caters to an individuals needs the most – whether that be durability, materials used, aesthetics, functionality or all of the above. The OP is proud of his Legend, and he should be….it is a great device. I see this thread as him just wanting to share that pride. Perhaps his execution was a little off.

Last edited:

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
Not sayin' best, but my Alien and AL85 both still work. And a fairly intact finish despite pocket carry and whatnot.

Back when I worked at a shop, we used the Aliens as juice testers for our customers. Dropped, chipped, ding'ed up, all the abuse that the customers did, the Aliens still fired. A few had issues but we just exchanged in those cases.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Okay - I can't do anything about Smoked posting mods I want and can't have. But Diver - I've warned you about posting those Strati!
You know I know where you live, right?:grr::(

edit: and I'd probably be on my way now if you'd posted Zoso!
I'm in hiding and my strats are with me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I don't know what the best mod is. I bought a few Super T mods a about five years ago with back ups. I've dropped them on asphalt, had them roll off my desk, fall off my workbench on to concrete, submersed them, etc. I've left them in the car for days, both in 17 degree weather and baked them in 100+ degrees. I've used them everyday and they still look and perform like new so I haven't been able to break out the back ups and it doesn't look like I'll need to any time soon (and perhaps even in my life time). So I guess it will be a while before I need a new mod and get to try one of these "best mods ever".

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Personally, saying the "best" mod is difficult to address. If "durability" is the choice for "best" Mod, I will go with the REO's (mech class) and Legend's (regulated) mods. Heard much about the JAC mod but don't have one and don't know where to purchase either. I've had good luck with the Pulse 90w mods so I will add them in the durability class though time will tell if they are durable since I've only had them for a few months.

Reactions: stols001

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
By far the best mod on the market is the Geekvape Aegis Legand. I own many manufacturers they are all disposable unless you want to baby them
My Legand has been dropped hard on concrete dozens of times dropped in the bath even th toilet just beat to death. The chipset is excellent. You can buy it then purchase one whem you feel like it not when it starts having problems. I just bought another one because my wifes sigelei that we purchased at the same time has screen issues. I purchased one of the first Geekvape Legand devices and my wife a sigelei because that was the only brand I hadn't purchased. The simple truth is that all devises near its pricepoint are disposable. It is built to last works great every time. Be careful of the ratings listex on other sites all include links to buy the product they get paid for when you click the link or buy later with a cookie on your device notifying the seller who motivated you. Buy Geekvape it id by far the best value.
I have an aegis legend that has never been dropped, not once, and was in use for just under a month. Now it won't even turn on. An indestructible shell collecting dust on my shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread