Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ditto on the Picos for durability.

I've dropped my green resin Pico at least a half-dozen times on concrete, tile, blacktop and they still perform. My Crown Mini tanks that I use on the Picos have yet to break completely. They've been dented and scratched up a bit, won't work in TC anymore (something holding the pin broke), but the glass is still intact and they still work in wattage mode. One time, I had my Resin Pico in my hand while flinging my hockey blanket over a bathroom stall.. Forgot it was in my hand... It hit the floor like a ton of bricks... Still works. :shock:

Not the best mods, but these babies keep right on working! Maybe I didn't need the dozen or so backups, then? :lol:

Annnnd ... double ditto on the Pico :cool:

My preference is for pocketable, small, durable, box mods that do VW up to 30 watts and have a passable TC mode. I don't like tube mods, tall mods, or squonkers. The Pico 75 just does it for me. I've got 5 of them now, a couple of replacement circuit boards, and enough experience with maintaining them so I figure each should last me two or three years if I take it to work every day. And I strongly suspect before I run out of them I will have discovered a new 'best' mod.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I believe, which is the best mod, to be subjective for each of us.
For me, precision in temperature and quality of the design and materials are the most important features, followed by the aesthetics and liquid-proofing of the devices; and I consider hand feeling to be of primary importance.
Once defined what constitutes the "best" for me, this is the list of best mods:

1) Dicodes Dani box mini.
2) Lost Vape Therion 75c
3) Yihi Sx mini ML class.

The chip of the Aegis is not on par, not even remotely, with the above mentioned devices.
I haven't been able to get a satisfying vape with Ss316L on the Aegis, as the temperature kept shifting all the time.

With my criteria, the Aegis is a rugged and feel-good mod, not the "best" mod.
It would require a different 510 connector (with stable resistance) and and a DNA chipset to enter the league of the best.
Its price would surely be different, but when you are on a quest for the best, price hardly matters.

My 2 cents...

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I believe, which is the best mod, to be subjective for each of us.
For me, precision in temperature and quality of the design and materials are the most important features, followed by the aesthetics and liquid-proofing of the devices; and I consider hand feeling to be of primary importance.
Once defined what constitutes the "best" for me, this is the list of best mods:

1) Dicodes Dani box mini.
2) Lost Vape Therion 75c
3) Yihi Sx mini ML class.

The chip of the Aegis is not on par, not even remotely, with the above mentioned devices.
I haven't been able to get a satisfying vape with Ss316L on the Aegis, as the temperature kept shifting all the time.

With my criteria, the Aegis is a rugged and feel-good mod, not the "best" mod.
It would require a different 510 connector (with stable resistance) and and a DNA chipset to enter the league of the best.
Its price would surely be different, but when you are on a quest for the best, price hardly matters.

My 2 cents...

I'm a temp control vaper like you and love all the ones you mentioned (though I would throw a Triade 250c in there). But we're a small
minority. Even Evolv said less than 10% of users bother with TC, which is why they ended up developing Replay. So most users here will nod along with us while vaping at 40W or whatever.

What does stand out with those you listed is superb build quality (especially tough to beat the Dicodes). And other mod makers who choose boards from Evolv or others usually build to higher standards to go along with the more expensive board.

These are daily drivers for me ((not the Yihi don't have one, not sure how that happened). But there are other solid contenders out there. The Aegis doesn't have the best chip and not be the best mod by higher end standards, and it wouldn't make my list, but if I was in an environment that demanded that design there's nothing that really can compete with it.

All that said, I don't need that sorta build of my mods which is why it isn't on my radar for best by my list of preferences which more resembles yours.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
< TOTALLY subjective, obviously, but for what it might be worth -

Quality wise, the nicest mods I've ever held are either one of my Dicodes or the EPM (small batch-boutique mod from Australia). For me, those two brands stand out (are have a very similar "feel" to each other).

Since there are so many variables with vaping, build quality is about the only thing I'm comfortable using the word, "Best" with. Depending on circumstances, my best choice (at a given situation) may be something as simple as silly, little Innokin Goby. What's "best" for a dog-walk might well be the "worst" for a night out on the town.

If I've kept a mod in my rotation, there's a good chance that there's at least one life situation where it is my "best" option.

What I truly do like "best" are options.

Last edited:

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Annnnd ... double ditto on the Pico :cool:

My preference is for pocketable, small, durable, box mods that do VW up to 30 watts and have a passable TC mode. I don't like tube mods, tall mods, or squonkers. The Pico 75 just does it for me. I've got 5 of them now, a couple of replacement circuit boards, and enough experience with maintaining them so I figure each should last me two or three years if I take it to work every day. And I strongly suspect before I run out of them I will have discovered a new 'best' mod.

@Ryedan, my (hardly noticeable) battered green Resin Pico (the one that hit the floor numerous times), has been used nearly exclusively for at least the last year ('cause it's my favorite :wub:): Mod still looks practically new. The only thing that I'm noticing on it is that a few pixels are dead on the display.

Photo of my mod is attached (color is off, as there is no blue; it's green, some yellow & a bit of a deep green) with an Atlantis, before I discovered the Uwell Crown Minis. :drool:

Attachments

• Pico Resin2_left.jpg
    Pico Resin2_left.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 28
  • Pico Resin2_right.jpg
    Pico Resin2_right.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Crazyjuice

Jun 24, 2018
I figured that statement would spark many opinions. Vapers have different things that are important to them. The Legand is huge my wifes not a fant likes her lost vape theron until she dropped and broke it bought her a new one. The battlestar is very durable I will stand behind this argument. The Legand is the most durable on the market and outperforms its specs happens to be my fav but I like the triangle shape and the new 20700 batteries. I want a triangle Legand with 20700 dual battery lighter weight and all the durability having my cake and eating it to. The chipsets in all are very basic. As a computer scientist and software developer I have some ideas to improve performance and feature set but dont design things that dont generation millions in revenue. My devices would cost minimum 700 per device no market for that. With rhe Legand or Battlestar by one and your done until you just geek out and want more power features etc. At a fifty dollar price point to purchase something you can throw accros the room drop in a 10 foot deep pool pick up clean re coil and use immediately thats remarkable. But Im 320 deep in my wifes lost vape since I bought my legand because she likes it better. It is subjective I appreciate the input and heates opinions especially the correct ones. With the Legend in the toilet I trashed the tank and dropped in a bucked of Lysol Bleach cleaner then re cleaned with lysol wipes. The toilet was clean and the contain less pathogens.bacyeria etc then drinking fountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread