The best Reo for the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
I've used the 2000 mAH since I got my first REO and have sub-ohmmed 'em down to 0.5Ω (about 7A max in a REO). You'll collapse the hot spring before you'll exceed their capacity. I got some 1600 because of the alleged better vape and can't taste or see any difference between them. I still use the same 2000s in my daily driver Grand (0.8Ω) because they last a bit longer for me.

Don't forget to use code ECF5 at RTDvapor for 5% off.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Solid choice on the grand. Congrats. You can use an 18490 battery to get you by until you get your AW IMR 18650s. You just screw the two spacers together from an xtar charger and slip them screw side down into the spring. Slap in your battery and Works like a charm :)

I have used only the 2000 mah batteries on my grands with excellent results. I've never tried the 1600s yet. I rarely build below 1 ohm and have settled into a 1.5 ohm micro coil on my mech REOs :)

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
"ECF5 at RTDvapor for 5% off"

aahhhggg! would have been helpful 4 batts and a really nice charger ago! :facepalm:

But seriously there is no more stealth vaping, like Rayn said, just too much vapor. At a bar (where smoking is not allowed inside) I tend to vape and exhale into my beer while taking a sip. It's pretty cool it stays in the glass. I have 2 1600's and 2 2000's, and I vape .5 - .6ohm. The 2000's are still rated at 10A continuous discharge, and the max I will ever do would be 8.4A. However having more head room is always a good thing, the 1600's can do 24A continuous discharge.

Last edited:

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
I've used the 2000 mAH since I got my first REO and have sub-ohmmed 'em down to 0.5Ω (about 7A max in a REO). You'll collapse the hot spring before you'll exceed their capacity. I got some 1600 because of the alleged better vape and can't taste or see any difference between them. I still use the same 2000s in my daily driver Grand (0.8Ω) because they last a bit longer for me.

Don't forget to use code ECF5 at RTDvapor for 5% off.

The 1600s just have a slight lower internal resistance and higher amp capacity than the 2000s. Otherwise you won't notice anything at all.

tfnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
arkansas
You all rock! Thanks so much for the advice and pics! Looks like I am getting the Grand.

Anybody know where to get any AW IMR 18650's 1600 mAH batteries and who ships fast? I would hate for the Reo to get here and not have batteries or are the 2000's better?
I have both,the grand's not that big and comfy.The mini great for stealth and fits easy in the pocket...just a matter of time before you want another one...enjoy!

DexO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Springfield, MO
So, my brand new Reo Grand arrived yesterday and I have not been able to put the damn thing down! I want to thank everybody who chimed in and recommended the Grand. It is simply amazing! It also fits perfectly in my hand for stealth when at the bar. Absolutely perfect!

My hand completely covers the Grand with only a little bit of silver showing from the Reomizer and the black drip tip. It fits like a glove!

The other thing is I had my tank full and just bought a Cinnamon roll juice from the local store. I just pulled off the drip tip, fired in 5 drops and BAM!

Now I want another one.

Thanks again for steering me in the right direction and showing me the way!

DexO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Springfield, MO
Glad you like it. Dying to see a picture?

redreo.jpg

Here it is!

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
Ok, the more I read about the Reo Mods, the more confused I get. I work from home and most nights, I get bored and head to the bar for a few hours. When there, I vape a lot and almost go through a Protank with 2.5ml of fluid.

I was really looking at the Reo Mini 2.1 because it is so small and discrete. Everyone sees my Provari and they always want to try it and I don't feel like getting someone's flu. Hence, this is where the discrete part comes in. The positive is that I already have 18490 batteries.

Well, then I started reading where everyone was recommending the Reo Grand over the Mini and saying that the Grand was really not that much bigger than the mini. The big plus is the bigger battery and juice. Then I would have to odred a couple 18650 batteries.

I have looked at 100's of pics and can't imagine it in my head. For example, my Provari looked huge in pics but I was surprised how small it was when I got it.

The other thing is that I have huge hands. I have seen where some didn't like the size of the mini because of it. Will the Mini 2.1 be too hard to operate with big hands?

Any insight would be appreciated. I have been reading and banging my head for 2 days.

Oh, I also plan on getting the Reomizer for what ever one I get.

Thanks!

I was having the same problem making a decision before I got mine. Due to a similar thread, I decided on the Grand, and when it arrived in the mail, I was astonished at how small it actually was. In fact, my first thought was, "Good thing I didn't get the Mini!"

Note: I also have big hands. I'm 6'3", and some call me "The Gorilla." Others call me "Voldemort," but that's another story.

Last edited:

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
The Reo Grand is funny because from photographs, there really is no way to tell how big it is at all. The in hand photos posted here are very helpful to provide context.

Like many people here have mentioned, the Grand is really not that big in person. It's a lot more portable than a tube mod. I used to carry around a Provari with a tank. I wear a lot of Carhartt pants and shorts that have great accessory pockets, and the Grand just rides in a pocket a lot better than a tube. In work gloves, I usually wear a Large or XL (for lined winterized gloves), and I find the Grand to be the perfect size. For a mod that carries an 18650 and 6ml of juice, it's surprisingly compact.

I will only ever buy Grands because I don't see the need for a mini, becuse they are only slightly smaller in form factor, and I love not having to worry about changing batteries all day. I owned a 14500 mini for a minute, which led me to sell all of my gear and buy Grands and RM2s. It was TINY - I mean really small. It was super stealth, which isn't something that I necessarily need in my day to day life, and I don't like the idea of small batteries. That being said, like all Reos, it worked like a charm.

I often go through an entire 15 hour shift including travel without ever changing a battery, and I go through around 4-5ml of fluid every day. The vape is so solid on a Grand that even with a battery that is not near it's full charge, I still get plenty of vapor and the flavor is off the chain. That's why I am down with the Grand.

The only thing about the Grand is that, when you do take it to a bar or whatever, people are going to constantly be asking what the hell it is. It's comical at this point, and I have a rap down that can explain what the Reo is and how it works in about 20 seconds.

TL,DR: Grands are highly portable, and not as big as you would think for something with huge battery and juice capacity. Buy 2 and you won't regret it.

EDIT - should have read through the thread. Hopefully someone else will find this helpful in making their decision. Enjoy your new Reo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread