the BIG NASTY, and HADES (26650 batteries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Soooooo, 26650 batteries exist?! Lol I'm a little late to the part on this one, recently I somehow got the chance to buy an authentic Stingray from the phillipines (phantom brass one) so I jumped on it, especially because it was cheaper than a provari (can someone explain why they are the bees knees? They are excellent, but as excellent as my $35 vamo v5 for 1/4 the price whatever :offtopic:) and I LOVE IT! It was an amazing kick into the mechanical world as a variable wattage fan to boot, I ended up setting up my coils so that they would run at my desired wattage when the battery dropped to 3.9 (where it spent most it's time, about 3 hours with the way I vape) and I have a handful of extra 18650's laying around now just for it. Well this dropoff wasn't annoying or displeasurable, quite the opposite I noticed a little "kick" that my VW's didn't have, however I found myself waiting for the dropoff, I don't have OCD but I am a "perfectionist" I guess, and I like things to run smoothly (I'm that guy that hears a funny sound in his vehicle, and FINDS it RIGHT when I get home), that waiting or paying attention to the battery life really bugged me on a small scale, almost to the point where it would distract me from reading/watching movies etc., I still use it all the time to experiment and get those vapes I can't on my VW's, but I usually use a regulated just to empty that puppy/keep it at my wattage all day.

-However! I found out about 26650 mods, and I hear people are getting 5 HOURS OUT OF THEM! YES! That's what I was looking for, and I found it. So any thought's/suggestions of 26650 mods my ECFriends? I've seen a few on fasttech...but me likes the U.S.A. mad BIG NASTY, and the HADES looks amazing too but I have a feeling those aren't attainable anymore, easily anyway.
View attachment 315440 Look at that cerberus RDA on top of that HADES, DAYUM! That's tough looking, anybody know where to find a cerberus? Even clones?
View attachment 315441 Mmm that USA 303 grade steel, you could use this as a nightstick I bet, I think I'll be going with the BIG NASTY on march 17TH! (pre-order now guys!)
View attachment 315442 I'd loooove to stack a cerberus on top of the big nasty, I like how industrial that RDA looks with those tightening screws :p, and the simplicity of the big nasty

*Edit: Check out how solid the BIG NASTY is built, that's american ingenuity right there!
http://youtu.be/zD7Io24HMlQ?t=5s
http://youtu.be/zD7Io24HMlQ?t=5s

Last edited:

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
Just a small point, you should maybe build to 3.7v as that's where your battery will spend the best part of its time. That being said I really like and have the Big Nasty. It's solid and well made. I've seen and held the Hades and, although people seem to love the look of it, I don't. I think it's ugly. In the end it's all about choice and it's awesome that we have them to choose from.

I would be a little bummed the Hades has already been cloned though.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Just a small point, you should maybe build to 3.7v as that's where your battery will spend the best part of its time. That being said I really like and have the Big Nasty. It's solid and well made. I've seen and held the Hades and, although people seem to love the look of it, I don't. I think it's ugly. In the end it's all about choice and it's awesome that we have them to choose from.

I would be a little bummed the Hades has already been cloned though.

Not with my sony's (200mah) I've multimetered them and they stay at 3.9, they are some quality batteries (and they're new that probably helps alot), but I've gotten the best experience setting up my rigs for 3.9, to each his own. And I hear ya on that, I think the reason I like the hades so much is the way it looks with the cerberus (which is a SOLID looking RDA :drool:), but yeah the more I look at it, it's starts to look more like a salt shaker lol I agree.

-That's good to hear on the big nasty, I can tell from the youtube reviews, it's thick, sturdy, and fool-proof the way it's designed (A magnetic switch that you can set on the table! :D) and most importantly quality steel. Pre-ordered mine and will be shipped out in 3 days. :2cool:

(I like clones, I've had good experiences with them and they don't allow mod manufactures to ramp up the price based on "hype" and how many they make, it's like mclaren cars, I want one so bad and could probably afford one if I payed for the labor and materials/their profit alone BUT they stack on an extra 300,000 because "they are only going to make 900 of them, excluuusive hurr hurr)

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I like both mods and hopefully will buy both in the future, I know i a couple weeks Ill be picking up the Hades the3n I wanna get the Big Nasty. I personally prefer the look of the hades. But I have a good feeling that there will be more 26650 battery mods available soon.

I've given up on the hades after some research :glare:, as the big nasty looks more like an adults mod and you won't have to buy it on craigslist :p. Plus...MMMERICAN MADE! I trust my american brothers who crafted this hefty beaut.

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
Does anyone know if the Hades or the Big Nasty would work with a 18650 battery (in a 18650 to 26650 sleeve)?

As long as the said sleeve will allow contact than yes it will. 26650 batteries are easy to come by I would imagine that would be best though since a sleeve is something I never really seen.

DaFreeK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Osijek, Croatia
As long as the said sleeve will allow contact than yes it will. 26650 batteries are easy to come by I would imagine that would be best though since a sleeve is something I never really seen.

You know, a plastic tube with 26650 dimensions with a hole for 18650's ;) I think the BAM comes with one.
I was asking this because it would really suck to get a 26650 mod and then you have to wait a few more days for the batteries to arrive, so just in case this scenario happens.

Sent from my iPhone

Ropeinmyhand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Washington
You know, a plastic tube with 26650 dimensions with a hole for 18650's ;) I think the BAM comes with one.
I was asking this because it would really suck to get a 26650 mod and then you have to wait a few more days for the batteries to arrive, so just in case this scenario happens.

Sent from my iPhone

This just happened to me. Just got my Hades clone, but my batteries didn't show up. But tomorrow I will get my Big Nasty and I ordered a battery with it. Hopefully my batteries come in too.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
got the Big Nasty in today's mail. thought i give a few quick impressions. since i had read where several people had issues with the button and voltage drop i resisted the urge to throw a battery and begin vaping. i completely disassembled it and cleaned all the threads and any connection points with WD-40 and then alcohol. also buffed the copper contacts. i then gave the button area a generous amount of noalox and a light coat to all the threads. the threads were a little squeaky when i first took it apart. put it back together with a fresh Sony battery and topped it off with my patriot running .7ohm with twisted 30ga kanthal. that was a couple of hours ago and i am thoroughly impressed with the performance.it seems strange but i hear more about voltage drop with 26650 mods than any other.perhaps the contact area will need to be cleaned more often but i am going to wait and see how long before cleaning the inside again. i'm hoping the issues that i have heard about are all straightened out now but i will be sure to post again should anything arise.

BTW in early may i'll be able to compare it to BFM in copper.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
I just got my Hades clone today -- I love it. I'm going on 4 hours now on the same battery and get the same hit. Only issue so far is that the button is really stiff. Not the lazy man's vape!

I watched a video on it and the guy said his spring was really stiff when he got it. Said he fixed it buy taking the spring out & heating it red hot. After that it was perfect he said.

DrHermie

Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
United States
I've had my Hades mod for a few days. I love it so far. It's my first mech so I'm pretty new to using a mech and what to watch out for. I have a 1.6 ohm microcoil and it vapes very nicely. Battery last for about 6-7 hrs depending on how often I'm taking puffs. I'm sure a sub-ohm build will go through battery life a little quicker. I like the looks of the Big Nasty too but the Hades was in stock so I went with it. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread