Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
So funny the opposite sides of the fence many are on. I couldn't sell my rev3 fast enough. Hahaha. :)

But that's just me of course. Heck - I spent $25 on a spare dna 25 board and should consider the same with the 40.

Having 3 is also some decent piece of mind. :)

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So funny the opposite sides of the fence many are on. I couldn't sell my rev3 fast enough. Hahaha. :)

But that's just me of course. Heck - I spent $25 on a spare dna 25 board and should consider the same with the 40.

Having 3 is also some decent piece of mind. :)

You'd have to pry my 3s from my hands, then be able to dodge bullets. [emoji6]

I love my 4, but I'd not be happy if it took a hard fall (I've had some dna mods react poorly to that). The 3 just needs to have the dirt wiped off...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
As a recent BBox convert, I must say, I own seven Rev3's...and have no plans to order any Rev4's.

Nice way to jump in! How's the battery life with the Rev3a's? Depending on the day I can easily flatline my BB 18650.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
As a recent BBox convert, I must say, I own seven Rev3's...and have no plans to order any Rev4's.

In the words of @Katdarling (and the practices of @StealthyTX )...

"OBSESSIVE MUCH?" ;)

Nice way to jump in! How's the battery life with the Rev3a's? Depending on the day I can easily flatline my BB 18650.

No comparison. You'd run through three sets, easy. Of course, you can't run at a wattage that would burn through an LG with the 3 either, so...

Not a good fit for you. Tootle Puffers only.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

My vaping style/habits are clearly wildly different from most of my compatriots here on the ECF.

I can't kill a Rev3 in one day.

And I vape what I consider a medium-high amount throughout the day.

I think the reason behind this is, I've been nicotine free since April 2014...thanks to vaping!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My vaping style/habits are clearly wildly different from most of my compatriots here on the ECF.

I can't kill a Rev3 in one day.

And I vape what I consider a medium-high amount throughout the day.

I think the reason behind this is, I've been nicotine free since April 2014...thanks to vaping!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I consider myself a tootle puffer in that I am only @ 15w with a 1.6. Good on you @HBcorpse for Nic free. I got down to 6 but had to bump back up to 12mg. Still better than 2 packs of Marlboro's a day...just saying.

You can burn a LG at 15W????? DAYUM!!! You're GOOD! :thumb:

I can MAYBE burn half (at 11W).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Say WHAAAT? When did you collect 7 of them!!!??? :lol:

HB of no grass grows under feet fame.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
See I equate the battery life and the dipping in hit strength throughout the day to that of my Ego days 3 years ago. Like using and Ego Twist. Was great when I started 3 years ago... Now I can use a rev 4 for like 2+ days and still have the same hit throughout.

I'm absolutely not trying to argue anything - as the Rev 3's are certainly cool and nostalgic, but I mean, the Rev 4 is better in (almost) every single conceivable way. I'm sure the Energizer bunny might be inside the 3's and all that (one way the 3 might have a leg up on the 4) and being able to open and look at juice level with one hand, by sliding the door down (second way).

For my personal taste, the Rev 4 offers:

-Longer battery (wayyy longer)
-Consistent hits throughout (no sag)
-Ability to swap the look in like 3 seconds with different panels
-I actually like the rounded nature of it better
-Personally the looks are awesome (but that's subjective and I can see where others might feel the opposite).
-The ability to fill without removing the tank.... And this is a big one! Very big! Just slide the glass down, fill and close. Back in business in no time. :) (*At least comparing Boro tank to Boro Tank)

Maybe that's it? Hahaha - maybe not as dramatic as I was letting on... But those facets for me are a pretty big deal. :)

And with all that said - I can also fully understand where those are coming from regarding liking the 3's > 4's. I really do. But for (me) - rev 4 or nothing. :) If the 4 didn't exist I would have bought one billet box and sold that 1 billet box. Haha.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
See I equate the battery life and the dipping in hit strength throughout the day to that of my Ego days 3 years ago. Like using and Ego Twist. Was great when I started 3 years ago... Now I can use a rev 4 for like 2+ days and still have the same hit throughout.

I'm absolutely not trying to argue anything - as the Rev 3's are certainly cool and nostalgic, but I mean, the Rev 4 is better in (almost) every single conceivable way. I'm sure the Energizer bunny might be inside the 3's and all that (one way the 3 might have a leg up on the 4) and being able to open and look at juice level with one hand, by sliding the door down (second way).

For my personal taste, the Rev 4 offers:

-Longer battery (wayyy longer)
-Consistent hits throughout (no sag)
-Ability to swap the look in like 3 seconds with different panels
-I actually like the rounded nature of it better
-Personally the looks are awesome (but that's subjective and I can see where others might feel the opposite).

Maybe that's it? Hahaha - maybe not as dramatic as I was letting on... But those facets for me are a pretty big deal. :)

And with all that said - I can also fully understand where those are coming from regarding liking the 3's > 4's. I really do. But for (me) - rev 4 or nothing. :) If the 4 didn't exist I would have bought one billet box and sold that 1 billet box. Haha.

I think their post on the 4 sums up my thoughts. :)

Billet Box Vapor Inc.

The Rev 4's are awesome, Stanley. I'm glad you like it so. I certainly won't be selling mine - that's for sure.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Ohh Ohh. One more thing I'm adding to the list above is:

-The ability to fill without removing the tank.... And this is a big one! Very big! Just slide the glass down, fill and close. Back in business in no time. :)

*At least comparing Boro tank to Boro Tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread