~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
I think what y'all were/are experiencing with the Nautilus coils in other tanks is...the power delivery.

Reminds me of the first time I tried a Provari...

I couldn't believe that the same old cartos I'd been using were really the same ones, once they'd had the electric gold of a Provari chip passing power through them!

Same goes for the BBox.

I run a 0.7ohm Nautilus coil in my Kabuki, and have very different experiences when the tank is on a ZNA vs on a Radius.

Same goes for the same coil in a Rev4.

I have no doubt that the chipset makes a difference. I am a huge Provari fan and Dicodes fan because of the smoothness and consistency.

In the BB, however, I do think there is a turbulence issue in the tank on the Rev4 vs Rev3. There is more airflow in the Rev4 device, or at least, there is to me. So, with the smaller coil, something happens...what I don't know. My guess is if I put the tiny BVC coil in an Aspire K2 tank, I would probably LOVE the vape and...it might remind me of the BBv3a experience? Hmmm....

Reactions: gnees

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I have no doubt that the chipset makes a difference. I am a huge Provari fan and Dicodes fan because of the smoothness and consistency.

In the BB, however, I do think there is a turbulence issue in the tank on the Rev4 vs Rev3. There is more airflow in the Rev4 device, or at least, there is to me. So, with the smaller coil, something happens...what I don't know. My guess is if I put the tiny BVC coil in an Aspire K2 tank, I would probably LOVE the vape and...it might remind me of the BBv3a experience? Hmmm....

I solved the airflow issue with a bit of scotch tape on the inside covering two of the three air holes. Make it feel like a normal MTL vape! And I think the added vacuum was helping my wicking issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
I solved the airflow issue with a bit of scotch tape on the inside covering two of the three air holes. Make it feel like a normal MTL vape! And I think the added vacuum was helping my wicking issue.

I have tried the scotch tape, but I ran it horizontally, covering all three about halfway. I will try it your way and see if it helps. Thanks for the idea!

Reactions: gnees

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

I forgot that I did that, it was several months ago. :oops: In my black rev 4, I used a piece of vinyl tape and covered a 3rd of all 3 holes, then a little later I used some form-a-gasket to fill and close one hole completely. I used that stuff because it is black, and I can't really see it unless I look at it really close. So I now have about 2 3rd's of one hole open, I also am using my aspiree coills with the smaller juicce holes. I switch them out myself, I have for years now ever sence aspiree changed them. Just my :2c: :)

KAS

Okay I want back and miss spelled everything, looks better now. :)

Last edited:

Spectrum156

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
Los Angeles
883F63E9-B938-4437-991C-F80A4300AE87.JPG
:wub:

Mommay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Arkansas
Hey guys, I need some feedback. I bought a BB rev-3.a right before the new models came out. I ordered a white boro tank and billet bridge and have had continuous problems with minor leaking. I've replaced gasket & o-rings a couple of times and it hasn't helped. I almost think the ridge for the gasket (on the top edge) has a minor dip in it and just doesn't allow a good seal, plus it's a royal pain if it gets out of place a hair (and it sometimes does) when sliding the glass into place. I even retired my BB for a few months, but it is my fave unit, so I've just been fiddling with it on a regular basis- I'm not a fiddler, typically. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm pretty sure it's the tank because none of these things are problematic with the old valve type tank, but I can't use my bridge with it. Any suggestions?

Reactions: HBcorpse

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey guys, I need some feedback. I bought a BB rev-3.a right before the new models came out. I ordered a white boro tank and billet bridge and have had continuous problems with minor leaking. I've replaced gasket & o-rings a couple of times and it hasn't helped. I almost think the ridge for the gasket (on the top edge) has a minor dip in it and just doesn't allow a good seal, plus it's a royal pain if it gets out of place a hair (and it sometimes does) when sliding the glass into place. I even retired my BB for a few months, but it is my fave unit, so I've just been fiddling with it on a regular basis- I'm not a fiddler, typically. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm pretty sure it's the tank because none of these things are problematic with the old valve type tank, but I can't use my bridge with it. Any suggestions?

Some of my suggestions may be things you've already tried or thought of, but I just want to cover all the bases.

1. Remove the gasket, and try flipping it over ("face down"), keeping the top at the top, and bottom at the bottom...like flipping a pancake.

2. If that doesn't solve the problem, leave the gasket flipped "face down" (from step one) and just rotate it clockwise, moving the top end to the bottom, and try it that way.

3. Check the BBV site for a spare/care kit. If there aren't any, contacting them with your needs typically results in an email informing you that you've been granted access to a special part of the website where you can add "dead stock" parts to your cart for purchase.

This can get you a gasket and/or a tank if needed.

You may be right about the tank itself, but I've never encountered anyone with an issue with the tank itself...it is always a gasket or O-ring, at least from what I've experienced and/or read about here.

4. If all else fails, either myself or another one of this awesome BB family might just offer to gift you a spare...especially those of us who have "retired" our Rev3's in favor of Rev4 daily drivers.

I know option 4 may sound a bit pretentious, by me not just outright offering to send you a spare gasket/tank or kinda "volunteering" others to do it, but this BB family is a group of amazing individuals who take care of their own and someone may beat me to the offer, if steps 1-3 don't work for you.

Try as I might, I don't always manage to log on every day, so this is why someone else may beat me to the punch.

I'm sure others will be lending their advice and experience.

Never fear! You're in the right place!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I don't know if this helps. I broke the glass on my boro and didn't get around to doing anything about it so I've been using my bridge in my valve tank for a few years no problem.

DonnyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
Spotswood, New Jersey, United States
Ok I finally decided to get a new Billet Box tomorrow . I have 2 rev3's but I hate those small annoying batteries. Now the hard part is to decide what color and maybe a Steam Tuners Insider rda. I'm definitely a flavor chaser.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mommay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Arkansas
Some of my suggestions may be things you've already tried or thought of, but I just want to cover all the bases.

1. Remove the gasket, and try flipping it over ("face down"), keeping the top at the top, and bottom at the bottom...like flipping a pancake.

2. If that doesn't solve the problem, leave the gasket flipped "face down" (from step one) and just rotate it clockwise, moving the top end to the bottom, and try it that way.

3. Check the BBV site for a spare/care kit. If there aren't any, contacting them with your needs typically results in an email informing you that you've been granted access to a special part of the website where you can add "dead stock" parts to your cart for purchase.

This can get you a gasket and/or a tank if needed.

You may be right about the tank itself, but I've never encountered anyone with an issue with the tank itself...it is always a gasket or O-ring, at least from what I've experienced and/or read about here.

4. If all else fails, either myself or another one of this awesome BB family might just offer to gift you a spare...especially those of us who have "retired" our Rev3's in favor of Rev4 daily drivers.

I know option 4 may sound a bit pretentious, by me not just outright offering to send you a spare gasket/tank or kinda "volunteering" others to do it, but this BB family is a group of amazing individuals who take care of their own and someone may beat me to the offer, if steps 1-3 don't work for you.

Try as I might, I don't always manage to log on every day, so this is why someone else may beat me to the punch.

I'm sure others will be lending their advice and experience.

Never fear! You're in the right place!
Thanks so much for all the tips. Some of them I've tried, others I haven't. I'll give them a try tonight. I changed the rings last night, tonight I'll flip the gasket. I really, really appreciate your help.

Mommay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Arkansas
I don't know if this helps. I broke the glass on my boro and didn't get around to doing anything about it so I've been using my bridge in my valve tank for a few years no problem.
Good to know. I had no idea I could use the bridge with the valve tank. Thanks.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Thanks so much for all the tips. Some of them I've tried, others I haven't. I'll give them a try tonight. I changed the rings last night, tonight I'll flip the gasket. I really, really appreciate your help.

I know that you can get new gaskets for them and spare glass, I got a few about a year ago. I had to put in a special request for them, I am not sure if he still has them in stock though. the last time I tried to e-mail them I never got a response though, you might have to call them. I would be surprised if there is a fault in the Delrin part of the tank, most likely the gasket. :unsure:

KAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread