The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
Thanks! I've registered to the site and yes. ..they do ship to my country :). However, since I've purchased the zephyrus, I'm going to test it out first. But I think I'll get the B2 soon as well. .lol

Anyone has both and is willing to provide an opinion on both? ;)

I have a B2 and my homeboy has a Zeph. He couldn't get it to wick properly, he kept getting dry hits, so he gave it to me to see if I could get it going. I will say the deck is tiny and less user friendly than my billow v2, but I got it working pretty well but after a week and some change he said it wasn't worth the effort to wick it so he ordered the premade coils and a billow v2. Lol

Reactions: m00shie

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I started "subohming" with the STM much like many others and then quickly moved to RDAs and haven't touched my STM or any tank for that matter for months. I passed on all the weekly new subohm tanks while watching reviews on rtas just waiting on one to come at least reasonably close to the airflow/draw of an RDA. BTW one of the main reasons I stopped using my STM is because I felt like I was struggling to pull from it after using an RDA. Like not just uncomfortable but I couldn't even take a pull without my lungs hurting. First I thought something was wrong with mine but I tried my friends and it was the same. I came so so close to buying the Lemo 2 until I saw a review (forgot who it was) that said the airflow is similar to the STM.

Anyway I quickly pulled the trigger on the Billow V2 after watching vapnfagan and twisted420s review as well. Can't wait till it gets here. Hope the airflow really is good.

Also I've been vaping strictly fused claptons for the past few weeks. I hope I'm not too used to the flavor to not appreciate the Billow when it comes [emoji16] .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to thank you guys on this topic, I just got my billow v2 a week ago. It was working good with a leak the first day. That leak was napping because a small alot of wick was in the air flow section, I nipped that in the but after that no leaks. My build is 8 wraps on 2.8 mm coming at .43 but I couldn't get it up to watts like I knew it could go. However after reading here last night I used slightly more Japanese cotton after looking at Btsmokincats pics and many others. I got it all the way up to 55 wats with no dry hit and it is throwing out the clouds. So thanks guys.

Reactions: Btsmokincat

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I big thank you from me too!! I've gotten lazy and using the Segatank with the RBA head (which I still use daily). And I was THIS close to pulling the trigger on a Lemo 2 to see what all of the fuss was about that.

I liked the orginal Billow, but it wasn't quite "there" ... Pulled the trigger on the Billow V2. BAM!! I'm not even thinking about trying another RTA. These are awesome!!!

AntC

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
United States
I got the "review your purchase" email from Eccigity, I'm not big on reviewing things but when supm comes along that I LOVE then I'll go through the small hassle. Well while going through the other reviews on Eciggity of the B2, there was an idiot that gave it one star cus "it's only for people that vape at 15 watts", this person couldn't get it "as high as he likes it" but I've pushed mine to 50 55ish and it was way too hot for me but could've went higher. So sick of people rating attys by how high of watts they can go up to. That's like buying a car based off of top speed and nothing else.

Quick verdict: So far I love it! It vapes like a Goblin with more airflow!

Initial observances:
Cons:
Machining and threads are sharp
Glass is a little thin
Despite the part delrin driptip, I can feel some heat through it.
Plastic "needle tip" bottle (IMO) will be needed to fill. The dripper tips (like Mt Baker uses) probably won't work well.

Pros:
Solidly made and threads together nicely
Airflow is HUGE
5 mls!
Easy deck to build on
Inner chimney keeps wicks in place while refilling.
Driptip is wide but not uncomfortable (identical width as Subtank Mini)
Flavor is on par with my Goblins with a little bit more vapor production

Running the same build as my Goblins (.4 ohm and japanese cotton at 25 watts) to directly compare them. I'm vaping my favorite homemade Ripe Strawberry 50/50 juice.

Here's all the parts....
fa37fd822200e8ec914cf4430d6d770d.jpg

26 gauge, 2.4 mm, 8 wrap micros = .4 ohms (the same build I use in my Goblins)
50c335574053f8398b79318b34b4d83e.jpg

Wicked with Japanese Cotton
26cee45a1ca4fa61263c40d72fb5091b.jpg

With the inner chimney on
e8582d239ceb6bfa7c11fb9b720d147a.jpg

Looks awesome on my Sigelei 50 watt
8d74770d45afd6966297bfba685a0251.jpg
When I saw the pic of you wicking I new that is were my problem was. I added slighter more wick and it is everything that I new the billow v2 could be

Have not heard a single thing good about gearbest yet except sometimes super cheap prices...that they don't always deliver on.

It is only $34.99 from eciggity.com and they also ship internationally.
I've have ordered a few things from gearbest there ok but like you said Kida hit or moss. My friend got his order on tome and ok, however my other friend that ordered on the same had problems.

jchisholm

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2014
Nova Scotia
Best RTA to date, and I have them all (Kayfuns, Atlantis, Kanger, Lemo, Fogger, Orchid, Goblin, Goliath etc etc)
Close second would be the Lemo 2 but the quality control and ease of use of the Billow 2 is in a class of it's own.
Just about perfect ands other than perhaps one or two more Billows I think I've stopped looking.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Best RTA to date, and I have them all (Kayfuns, Atlantis, Kanger, Lemo, Fogger, Orchid, Goblin, Goliath etc etc)
Close second would be the Lemo 2 but the quality control and ease of use of the Billow 2 is in a class of it's own.
Just about perfect ands other than perhaps one or two more Billows I think I've stopped looking.

I have had my billow 2 for about 2 hours and I have to concur... Warm dense hot flavorful vape... The lemo 2 just wasn't working consistently enough for me

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Yeah, loving the Billow v2. Got mine this morning, did my first build on it this afternoon. Really smooth air flow, really smooth !. Until today i've been using my Goliath, which is great too. Only problems i ever seem to have is wicking. Just as long as i use the right amount depending on the diameter of the coil it couldn't vape better. Man this Billow v2 chucks out clouds like there's no tomorrow, got it wicking perfectly and blasting it at 45 watts and that's with 85% VG. Definitely thinking of ordering another one.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
After playing with it, if your airflow rings spins too loosely, flip it upside down... It won't make a difference in airflow size but the groove is no longer there making it a lot more resistant to spinning

I didn't know flipping it was an option. I don't like how loose the ring moves. I will have to try it

Tapped from my LG G3

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
Welp, this thing is gonna have to get away from me for a few days. I have gotten it working for 3 separate full days since I've owned it. For whatever reason, the clock ticks and suddenly dry hits. I've looked at about a dozen reviews, the images on this thread and cannot find anything dissimilar from what I've seen. It will be a dripper into work with me tonight. I will get to the bottom of this, just not today! :)

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Welp, this thing is gonna have to get away from me for a few days. I have gotten it working for 3 separate full days since I've owned it. For whatever reason, the clock ticks and suddenly dry hits. I've looked at about a dozen reviews, the images on this thread and cannot find anything dissimilar from what I've seen. It will be a dripper into work with me tonight. I will get to the bottom of this, just not today! :)
Start priming it after it dry hits

Reactions: bjorken
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread