The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
*Sigh* Well, it came time for me to wick my Billow v2 for the first time. My friend at work threw his wicking technique in it when I first got it. Awesome flavor. Awesome vapor production. Even at 45 watts. I can't seem to duplicate his build. 23 watts is the highest I can go without the burnt taste. 2 mm diameter coils @ 0.5. Cotton snug through the coils with tails tucked into the top notch of the juice channels. Any ideas?

Tapped from my LG G3

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
*Sigh* Well, it came time for me to wick my Billow v2 for the first time. My friend at work threw his wicking technique in it when I first got it. Awesome flavor. Awesome vapor production. Even at 45 watts. I can't seem to duplicate his build. 23 watts is the highest I can go without the burnt taste. 2 mm diameter coils @ 0.5. Cotton snug through the coils with tails tucked into the top notch of the juice channels. Any ideas?

Tapped from my LG G3
Try bigger coils like 2.5 mm with the same wicking technique.

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
Start priming it after it dry hits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you mean primer puffing with the air closed off? If so that is discouraging. At least with a dripper I know when to expect a dry hit. Nothing in vaping is as bad as a dry hit you get from a tank atomizer of any sort. With my past rta's I always built them in a fashion where they would always keep juiced. Take the billow v1 for instance. Wasn't an issue. I'll give it a few more days and give it another go. Hopefully my velocity rda's don't arrive before I get the chance or it could be weeks! lol!

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
So I just received my Billow V2 today. Put a quick 28g KA1/28g N80 twisted 8 wraps 2.4 mm ID build in it. The airflow is not as open as I had expected it to be. The flavor is not as good as I expected it to be. BUT, I have a big disclaimer. Like I previously mentioned in this thread, I have no vaped on a tank in many months. In fact, I have been vaping on dual fused claptons on big airflow RDAs like the Twisted Messes RDA and the El Cabron for a few months now so I'm sure I'm just spoiled with those flavor builds and airy RDAs. With that being said, the flavor and performance is quite nice on this tank and it is surely and improvement in all areas above the only other tank I've used that I can compare it to (the Kanger STM).

Anyway, has anyone here experienced with a few builds so far and have any tips for coil ID or wraps and types of builds to maximize flavor/airflow? I could barely fit my 8 wrap twisted build in there, it actually looked to me like it was touching the chimney but I had no skipping on my ohm meter with the chimney on and off and no problems firing it on my Sigelei 150w. Right now I'm using it on a 18650 mech with no issues. Anyone tried fitting a Clapton in there yet?

Update: So I ripped out my twisted build because I really wanted to try claptons in it. Whipped up these real quick and I love it. One thing I forgot to mention earlier though was that the drip tip gets hot on me. I'm just vaping on a single 18650 mech at 0.4 ohms but yeah, at about 5 seconds on a pull I have to let off.

36g KA1 over 28g N80 6 wraps with 2mm ID
c15b2ba4c220256b4cc10198ebf1958c.jpg

Oh yeah one more question: what drip tips are you guys using? Has anyone tried their own or other drip tips in this? I tried my Cherry vapes cloud chaser xl in it and it's OK but it doesn't exactly tight enough for me to be comfortable carrying it around in my pocket.

Last edited:
Reactions: erieboyz

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
So I just received my Billow V2 today. Put a quick 28g KA1/28g N80 twisted 8 wraps 2.4 mm ID build in it. The airflow is not as open as I had expected it to be. The flavor is not as good as I expected it to be. BUT, I have a big disclaimer. Like I previously mentioned in this thread, I have no vaped on a tank in many months. In fact, I have been vaping on dual fused claptons on big airflow RDAs like the Twisted Messes RDA and the El Cabron for a few months now so I'm sure I'm just spoiled with those flavor builds and airy RDAs. With that being said, the flavor and performance is quite nice on this tank and it is surely and improvement in all areas above the only other tank I've used that I can compare it to (the Kanger STM).

Anyway, has anyone here experienced with a few builds so far and have any tips for coil ID or wraps and types of builds to maximize flavor/airflow? I could barely fit my 8 wrap twisted build in there, it actually looked to me like it was touching the chimney but I had no skipping on my ohm meter with the chimney on and off and no problems firing it on my Sigelei 150w. Right now I'm using it on a 18650 mech with no issues. Anyone tried fitting a Clapton in there yet?

Update: So I ripped out my twisted build because I really wanted to try claptons in it. Whipped up these real quick and I love it. One thing I forgot to mention earlier though was that the drip tip gets hot on me. I'm just vaping on a single 18650 mech at 0.4 ohms but yeah, at about 5 seconds on a pull I have to let off.

36g KA1 over 28g N80 6 wraps with 2mm ID
c15b2ba4c220256b4cc10198ebf1958c.jpg

Oh yeah one more question: what drip tips are you guys using? Has anyone tried their own or other drip tips in this? I tried my Cherry vapes cloud chaser xl in it and it's OK but it doesn't exactly tight enough for me to be comfortable carrying it around in my pocket.
I use the drip tip from the Billow V1. It seems to increase the flavor a tad imo.

Tapped from my LG G3

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Day 3 with my Billow V2. Was using my 0.4 dual Clapton build on a mech now using it on my Sigelei at 40-45 watts. Yesterday I carried it around in my pocket at work and at the end of the night took out a big juicy leak mess. Don't know what happened with that...

Anyway I rewicked her twice last night and the first time I was getting dry hits but I had I feeling I might before I even started because my wick was on the thick side. Second time rewicking I really lightened up on the wick but I still had a tiny bit going into each juice "groove" and I'm seeming to still get some dry hits every now and then with long pulls or chain vaping.

Can the people experiencing pure bliss with this tank share their builds and wicking tips please? I'm subbed on the wicking Billow V2 thread as well but this one seems to be more poppin

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Day 3 with my Billow V2. Was using my 0.4 dual Clapton build on a mech now using it on my Sigelei at 40-45 watts. Yesterday I carried it around in my pocket at work and at the end of the night took out a big juicy leak mess. Don't know what happened with that...

Anyway I rewicked her twice last night and the first time I was getting dry hits but I had I feeling I might before I even started because my wick was on the thick side. Second time rewicking I really lightened up on the wick but I still had a tiny bit going into each juice "groove" and I'm seeming to still get some dry hits every now and then with long pulls or chain vaping.

Can the people experiencing pure bliss with this tank share their builds and wicking tips please? I'm subbed on the wicking Billow V2 thread as well but this one seems to be more poppin

My current build is 11 wraps of 28 AWG Ni200 on a 3mm form (I think ecigity suggested no bigger than 2.5mm but 3mm does fit). Works out to 0.08 ohm. Wick ends are flush with the juice deck with small "darts" of wick extending down into the wick cut outs. My juice is 80% VG. Bliss for me at 35 watts. It will accept more power but the vape starts to get very warm to hot so I just keep it at 35. I'm sure there are better ways but this way billows clouds that I'm very satisfied with.

I did try wicking flush with the deck as I do with most other attys but the b2 seems to need at least some cotton down inside the little wells to wick properly.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Day 3 with my Billow V2 cont.

Put it on my Sigelei and stuck it in my backpack at work. Left my bag laying on my desk for a few hours and carried my mech+El cabron around. Came back, opened up bag to find half a tank of juice in my backpack and all over my Billow and Sigelei.

So this is my first RTA. Am I just ......ed or does this thing always need to be kept in an upright position?

I just assumed it would be fine since my STM or Nautilus never did this.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
I just never thought I would have more leaking issues with a tank than a dripper. Well at least I'm not getting any more dry hits! Drip tip is still getting crazy hot though... Wish I could find an all delrin tip that actually fits in here

The original has delrin and all my delrin tips fit

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
I just never thought I would have more leaking issues with a tank than a dripper. Well at least I'm not getting any more dry hits! Drip tip is still getting crazy hot though... Wish I could find an all delrin tip that actually fits in here
Try going back to basics. Take your wick through the coils, attach chimney piece while bringing the tails of the wick up through the center, trim tails down to just above the top of the chimney, fluff the ends and then use a mini screwdriver or whatever to push them down towards the corresponding juice channels and tidy them up. Whether its on its side all night or in a hot car for hours your tank shouldn't leak period and if it does that means it doesn't like the way it's wicked.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Also check the chimney sleeve... Every time you unscrew the tank it backs out a little which can cause leaking

Yeah. It definitely does back out EVERY time. I even make sure to really tighten it down like vapnfagan suggests in his review.

Another thing I thought I'd mention here is that out of my two different sets of micro screwdrivers, none of them really fit in the screws of this tank. I actually use the little blue screwdriver that comes with it.

So forgive the dumb question, like I said I haven't used a tank in a while, but how long do you guys wait between hits when you're using it? I may be getting dry hits because I'm trying to use it like a dripper in that I sometimes take one long hit immediately after taking a long hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread